Terrible Accident 466A and Buena Vista

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts
Default Terrible Accident 466A and Buena Vista

I got home from Palmetto Exec Course today about 4pm and jumped in my car to go to Colony Plaza. However when returning southbound as I entered Buena Vista from St. Charles, police were making all the southbound traffic turn back north. At the intersection at CR 466A and Buena Vista it appeared a tan car, maybe a Buick that looked to have been making a right on right to go westbound on 466A toward Wildwood was smashed in the driver's and was up against the utility pole that supports the traffic lights. The roof was either ripped off, or cut off. Sitting on 466A facing westbound was about a 10 year old Chevy Blazer that apparently hit the tan car. I would say that whoever was driving the tan car could not have survived. I'm thankful that when we passed to within about 20' of the two cars, that the bodies had already been removed. The accident had to have happened between 4:00 and 4:25pm, because that the two times I passed through the intersection.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Dancing Thyme

John, thank you for reporting this. It is so sad to see and hear of all the accidents in the villages. I'm so sorry for those people and will say a prayer for them.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Accident

We heard all of the sirens while sitting on our lanai in Sanibel. Hope and pray those involved survived.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Sage
Default Be careful

We heard the sirens too. Be careful...people don't stop for red lights, stop signs or yield for yield signs. Never hit the gas pedal when the light turns green as someone could be blowing through the light. Always look both ways when the light turns green to be sure the traffic is going to stop. Saved my life on a few occasions.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

So very sad to hear.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Gold member

I was there right after it happened. Heading south on Buena Vista I was stopped for the light at 466A. There were three or 4 cars ahead of me on Buena Vista. When the light changed and nobody moved I realized something unusual had happened. A couple of cars pulled over and I could see the wreckage. Horrible. I agree, I don't think anyone could have survived in the sedan. The side was pushed up to perhaps the center console. The blazer had to be cooking. I don't know how it happened but someone obviously ran that light. Fortunately there were already people on the scene trying to help so I continued on my way, making a left onto 466A headed toward Colony. There were fire trucks heading toward the accident very quickly. I passed the first one going in the opposite direction at about Canal St. and a second at about Morse. Very, very quick response time.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Sage

I hope and pray that big helicopter waiting on Powell was able to take away the people still alive, to a trauma center in Orlando, Gainesville, Tampa etc.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I got home from Palmetto Exec Course today about 4pm and jumped in my car to go to Colony Plaza. However when returning southbound as I entered Buena Vista from St. Charles, police were making all the southbound traffic turn back north. At the intersection at CR 466A and Buena Vista it appeared a tan car, maybe a Buick that looked to have been making a right on right to go westbound on 466A toward Wildwood was smashed in the driver's and was up against the utility pole that supports the traffic lights. The roof was either ripped off, or cut off. Sitting on 466A facing westbound was about a 10 year old Chevy Blazer that apparently hit the tan car. I would say that whoever was driving the tan car could not have survived. I'm thankful that when we passed to within about 20' of the two cars, that the bodies had already been removed. The accident had to have happened between 4:00 and 4:25pm, because that the two times I passed through the intersection.

So very glad you missed the accident & were not involved in it yourself. Those poor people. This is another reminder to make every day count.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
I hope and pray that big helicopter waiting on Powell was able to take away the people still alive, to a trauma center in Orlando, Gainesville, Tampa etc.
chopers only take the living, so lets hope the trama team could help
Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
chopers only take the living, so lets hope the trama team could help
Amen.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Gold member

I have been here since nov and I have seen on three occasions , cars blowing the lights on morse on 466a and 466.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Sage

Blowing lights (also the turn/arrows), stop signs and running on thru at the roundabouts! Happens all the time! No wonder there aren't MORE accidents!!!

Prayers and concern for those from today's accident!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Platinum member

Anyone see anything in today's Sun Times about this? I may have missed it.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by naneiben View Post
Anyone see anything in today's Sun Times about this? I may have missed it.
No. When I called a week or so ago the news editor said they go off the police blotter. I don't know if that comes out less than daily. I wish I had a way to forward the news we get on this forum directly to the Sun.

The only negative news in The Sun..just glancing at it, was that a Villager was charged with selling liquor to underage kids. Actually a number of area people were charged with selling liquor to underage kids. It did NOT give the location.

Anything in the Commercial, those who read it?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I have photographed vehicles that looked like they had been compacted at a junk yard and talked to the occupants who walked away relatively unharmed . Let's hope this is the case for the occupants of the tan vehicle
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.