Thank goodness for the POA!

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The POA may have gotten started to deal with these problems. I really do not know.

Villages settles lawsuit, will fund $40M in upgrades - Orlando Sentinel

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The POA may have gotten started to deal with these problems. I really do not know.

I think most residents are aware, at least a little, of this lawsuit.

What still amazes me, is that even though 'Da Developer' felt like it was "good for the community," there seems to be those...that are mad that $40M has to be spent on making things better.

Let that sink in for a minute.

There are actually people upset, that a billionaire who wasn't all that upset that he lost...has to ensure that the infrastructure is maintained.

One really has to ask themselves, why in the world would anyone...be mad about that?
Old 04-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My choice is the VHA. I don't like the POA.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Woah I just read the article. My take-away: we can rollerskate on the golf cart paths? That's great! I might just have to buy a new pair.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Woah I just read the article. My take-away: we can rollerskate on the golf cart paths? That's great! I might just have to buy a new pair.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:57 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Some residents belong to both the VHA and the POA. On the other hand, the majority belongs to neither.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Save your money. Just give me your login info so I can read the articles.. Maybe we can petition the POA to allow limited memberships to nonresidents?
I just found out that if you use Bucco's link back up in Post #8, you can actually get a 'Free' copy of the latest bulletin online...without any login info required.

They also have previous bulletins to peruse.

And hey, they're even in color.

I'll still get you a membership though, so you can have a hard copy delivered monthly...to your (eventual?) new TV residence.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Some residents belong to both the VHA and the POA. On the other hand, the majority belongs to neither.
According to the POA's front page, their 'circulation' was 62,200 for April.

I'm sure that's just the total number of bulletins printed and doesn't necessarily mean...that's how many are actually read.

Which is approximately only about 1/2 of our population...so your assertion seems to be correct.

I thought I also read though, where they deliver about 25,000 a month to driveways...for those residents who have paid for a subscription.

I haven't seen anything on claimed membership for the VHA though.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

If you read here, you will know. Will be helpful when you move to The Villages.
http://poa4us.com/wp-content/uploads...y1975-1995.pdf
Old 04-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Defining

I like to define the difference between the POA and VHA as one (POA) is meant to alert and protect the residence and the other (VHA) for the Developer to stimulate growth. It does not make sense to like one over the other and shows a bias when that is done which is not a healthy position for the community! We really like the Villages, have been here for 11+ year and are Frogs. (e.g. here until we croak). This is God's waiting room and we should all be thrilled that it exists and we have the privilege to live and enjoy the many plus's. There are a few negatives but that is fine as they are minor compared to the plus's
Old 04-05-2019, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My choice is the VHA. I don't like the POA.
Your post is rather arbitrary.

Any specific reason ? I have "no dog in the race", but found I need to ask why folks make such comments on anything, sans reasons.

Especially given the post spelling out the difference in purpose, which makes sense, given many of the issues brought to light by the POA were and have been of a negative nature, BUT backed with facts, and the VHA seems to be always "selling" perfection which does not exist.....here or anywhere.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
According to the POA's front page, their 'circulation' was 62,200 for April.

I'm sure that's just the total number of bulletins printed and doesn't necessarily mean...that's how many are actually read.

Which is approximately only about 1/2 of our population...so your assertion seems to be correct.

I thought I also read though, where they deliver about 25,000 a month to driveways...for those residents who have paid for a subscription.

I haven't seen anything on claimed membership for the VHA though.
To actually be a member of the POA you have to pay a membership $10 per household. However, the bulletins are free to everybody without paying the $10. VHA membership is $25 for two years. VHA monthly Voice is an insert in the Daily Sun. IMHO, both serve a purpose and both are good to support.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
To actually be a member of the POA you have to pay a membership $10 per household. However, the bulletins are free to everybody without paying the $10. VHA membership is $25 for two years. VHA monthly Voice is an insert in the Daily Sun. IMHO, both serve a purpose and both are good to support.
I already support the Developer, I won't be paying an extra $25 for two years for what I'm already paying. The POA on the other hand, exists to protect the homeowner, so I'll gladly pay the $10/year once we have the final move-in this summer.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

The POA delivers a printed bulletin to every home in TV regardless of whether anyone in the home is a member of the POA. It is of course very expensive especially if no one reads it. Please, if you have no interest or you "don't like the POA" save yourself a trip down the driveway and ask them to not deliver to your house. Similarly if you are gone for the summer, ask them to hold delivery until your return. This saves the POA money but also keeps the neighborhood looking nicer without un-picked up papers sitting there for days.

To stop delivery, or to schedule a hold and restart date:

POA Bulletin No Throw Form Form
Old 04-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
And that would be called trespassing.
Just what I was thinking. It would be a great liability to come on a property without being invited.
Closed Thread

Tags
blinds, opinions, lower, facts, tend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.