Thank you

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2022, 03:31 PM
Platinum member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
Would metal roofs improve this issue?
I'm pretty sure the metal roofs that are guaranteed for 40 or 50 years fall under the same category of having to be replaced after about 15 years. Same with slate and tile.
And those people with solar panels will have to pay around $5000 to have them removed for new roof to go on. Thennnn, have to pay the same to have the panels reinstalled.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
Would metal roofs improve this issue?
Yes, the will out last you and take hail size of racket balls. But. Only the developers are allowed to have metal roofs on there commercial properties. The districts and residents have to asphalt and guess who pays for replacements? residents.
Old 07-07-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Very much to scub——s Who got all the free roofs replaced. AAA now canceling my bundle cause my roof over 10 years old . What comes around goes around. So, I hope you proud of yourselves for committing fraud.
Find another insuror. There are plenty of them. NOTE: 30 architectural shingles will last 30 years --yes, in Florida. 25 year 3-tabs will last 25 years -- yes, in Florida.
I have 42 yrs. in roofing in Florida. (recently retired)
Old 07-08-2022, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by taruffi57 View Post
Find another insuror. There are plenty of them. NOTE: 30 architectural shingles will last 30 years --yes, in Florida. 25 year 3-tabs will last 25 years -- yes, in Florida.
I have 42 yrs. in roofing in Florida. (recently retired)
Just going to replace roof that why when I sell couple years won’t be problem. IMO No shingles will be on roof around here after 15 years. The insurance rate will be so high it will be cheaper to just replace roof or can get insurer to insure old roof by there standards IMO.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram00 View Post
Let's see, $600/yr rate increase or $xxxxx.xx new roof not yet needed? Hmmm, which is the one to choose?
It will be needed it you can’t get nobody to insure it and If they do, it will be grossly higher.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:23 AM
Default Citizens?

In some cases it may make sense to go with Citizens, the state insurer of last resort. While they may charge more, and offer less, they have restrictions, ceilings on how much they can increase a policy from one year to the next.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Maybe not in FL, but I assume it's the same here. Insurance company "inspectors (aka adjusters)" are often 3rd party companies who are clearly "involved " with contractors. Maybe not here, can't see why not though, but I know this for 100% sure up north as a family member was a "public adjuster." He mostly dealt with fires but other things as well. VERY lucrative business. That being said, if one ever has a fire or other extensive damage ALWAYS hire a "public adjustior" as they work "between" the homeowner and the insurance company. Don't rely on who the insurance company sends.

Don't even know if public adjusters even exist in FL but can't see why not.
I was in the insurance business, in Florida for 40 years. Worked directly for a company and as an indepent mostly in S. Florida. As an independent our clients(insurance companies) would not even allow us to refer homeowners to any contractor.

If you have a fire in S. Florida a homeowner will be inundated by public adjusters. They monitor police and/or fire department commujincations and have been known to show up at a fire before the fire is put out. They are very prevalent in S. Florida and are a big reason that people in TV are losing their insurance and/or getting significant premium increases. We were getting claims in the millions for damages allegedly caused by Hurricane Irma and the wind speeds in that area were 45MPH. Making claims for million dollar roofs and 2 years after the storm, there was not one single water leak into the building.
Closed Thread

Tags
years, hope, proud, committing, roof

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.