Thank you

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2022, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts
Default Thank you

Very much to scub——s Who got all the free roofs replaced. AAA now canceling my bundle cause my roof over 10 years old . What comes around goes around. So, I hope you proud of yourselves for committing fraud.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 07-07-2022 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Very much to scub——s Who got all the free roofs replaced. AAA now canceling my bundle cause my roof over 10 years old . What comes around goes around. So, I hope you proud is yourselves for committing fraud.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Very much to scub——s Who got all the free roofs replaced. AAA now canceling my bundle cause my roof over 10 years old . What comes around goes around. So, I hope you proud is yourselves for committing fraud.
Check out the new Florida law July 1, 2022. You may have options.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,609 Times in 946 Posts

FLA roofing laws changed this week, to benefit the homeowner. Start here

What You Need to Know About Recent Changes to Florida Property Insurance Law Affecting Admitted and Surplus Lines Insurers | Butler Weihmuller Katz Craig LLP - JDSupra

prohibits carriers from refusing to insure a home with a roof that is less than 15 years old solely because of the age of the roof. If the roof is at least 15 years old, and the carrier requires the replacement of the roof to issue or renew the policy, the homeowner can have a roof inspection paid for by the homeowner. The insurer is prohibited from refusing to issue a policy solely because of the age of the roof if the inspector determines that the roof has 5 or more years of useful life left.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger 2006 View Post
Check out the new Florida law July 1, 2022. You may have options.

Nope they don’t have to renew policy when contract up.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post

What You Need to Know About Recent Changes to Florida Property Insurance Law Affecting Admitted and Surplus Lines Insurers | Butler Weihmuller Katz Craig LLP - JDSupra

prohibits carriers from refusing to insure a home with a roof that is less than 15 years old solely because of the age of the roof. If the roof is at least 15 years old, and the carrier requires the replacement of the roof to issue or renew the policy, the homeowner can have a roof inspection paid for by the homeowner. The insurer is prohibited from refusing to issue a policy solely because of the age of the roof if the inspector determines that the roof has 5 or more years of useful life left.
Then they just raise the rate so high you’ll go somewhere else.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:44 AM
Sage

////
Old 07-06-2022, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post

Doesn't say they can't double or triple your premium though
Old 07-06-2022, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Many that had a roof replaced had some very important items in common....

the roof was inspected by the insurance company and approved for replacement

the homeowner paid a deductible...

= no fraud!?
Old 07-06-2022, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

= no fraud!?
Maybe not in FL, but I assume it's the same here. Insurance company "inspectors (aka adjusters)" are often 3rd party companies who are clearly "involved " with contractors. Maybe not here, can't see why not though, but I know this for 100% sure up north as a family member was a "public adjuster." He mostly dealt with fires but other things as well. VERY lucrative business. That being said, if one ever has a fire or other extensive damage ALWAYS hire a "public adjustior" as they work "between" the homeowner and the insurance company. Don't rely on who the insurance company sends.

Don't even know if public adjusters even exist in FL but can't see why not.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Very much to scub——s who got all the free roofs replaced. AAA now canceling my bundle cause my roof over 10 years old. What comes around goes around. So, I hope you proud is yourselves for committing fraud.
AAA is a broker for underwriters -- the insurance companies. Which insurance company cancelled your homeowners insurance?

I'm asking for clarification because I went through AAA to get homeowners insurance in 2011 for our new house. It was/is with ASI which is now Progressive. My roof is the original.

My renewal arrived yesterday and my premium increased 49%.

Needless to say, I'm starting to shop around for a better premium for the same coverage.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
if one ever has a fire or other extensive damage ALWAYS hire a "public adjustior" as they work "between" the homeowner and the insurance company. Don't rely on who the insurance company sends.

This Good advice I'm sure but who remembers all this when the time comes??
Old 07-06-2022, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
This Good advice I'm sure but who remembers all this when the time comes??
Well, up north you didn't need to remember. The public adjusters lived next to their police/fire scanners 24/7 and when there was a fire literally within minutes there would be a bunch of them in line waiting for you to sign on the dotted line. We had a partial roof collapse in our home after 3 snow storms in a row many years ago. Within less than an hour after calling 911 we had 3 adjusters at our door. Sent them away because it was my 2nd cousin who did that for a living and they all knew each other.

I guess they do exist in FL. LINK: Public Adjuster Near Me | Certified Public Adjuster | Find a Public Adjuster
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

= no fraud!?
You’re opinion just like mine.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
AAA is a broker for underwriters -- the insurance companies. Which insurance company cancelled your homeowners insurance?

I'm asking for clarification because I went through AAA to get homeowners insurance in 2011 for our new house. It was/is with ASI which is now Progressive. My roof is the original.

My renewal arrived yesterday and my premium increased 49%.

Needless to say, I'm starting to shop around for a better premium for the same coverage.

The whole bundle (car, golf cart, scooter, and homeowners will not be renewed, they didn’t cancel, just won’t renew. That’s how they get around the lobbyist written new law IMO. If the gave you quote evidently you’re meets the year limit? IMO for use that have 10 year or older roofs either have to pay to replace them or face the double, triple, or quadruple premium increases to even get insurance.

I looked on my policy, all it says is south insurance agency.

Let me know it find better insurance cause after I get my roof replaced I will be shopping around also.
Closed Thread

Tags
years, hope, proud, committing, roof

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.