Thank you

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2022, 05:09 AM
Platinum member
Default Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael g. View Post
this good advice i'm sure but who remembers all this when the time comes??
i screenshot all the good advice and place it in an album on my dumb phone
Old 07-07-2022, 05:16 AM

So let's see should I pay $15,000 out of pocket for a new roof or maybe have a inspector come out and see if their is any weather damage. Let me think about this one. Mmmmmmmmm yeah I think I would like to possibly keep my $15,000 and have a inspector take a look.

What's that Mr. Inspector? There is water damage and I qualify for a new roof because I paid into the insurance company for 15 years. Well that's great, when can they get started on my new roof? Next week you say, that will be fantastic, thank you for my new roof.

Also to the OP there is a saying if you can't beat them join them. Nobody cares about your moral high ground that's going to end up costing you lots of money but hey you still got your morals.

Oh by the way the insurance companies are recording record profits probably because they have no morals either. See you can't fight people with no morals with your morals you not going to win financially. These are the times we live in try to keep up.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:19 AM
Default Roof cancellations

Call your Broker and ask them to have your roof inspected to see if it can be certified that it will hold up for a minimum of 5 years. If so they cannot cancel you. Effectively (7 days ago) on July 1st Florida passed this law for all Insurance companies who still write in the state.
If your Broker is Descent they should advise you of this new law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Very much to scub——s Who got all the free roofs replaced. AAA now canceling my bundle cause my roof over 10 years old . What comes around goes around. So, I hope you proud is yourselves for committing fraud.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Then they just raise the rate so high you’ll go somewhere else.
Yes, they just raised our over $600.00.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

Would metal roofs improve this issue?
Old 07-07-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjp1673 View Post
Yes, they just raised our over $600.00.
Let's see, $600/yr rate increase or $xxxxx.xx new roof not yet needed? Hmmm, which is the one to choose?
Old 07-07-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
AAA is a broker for underwriters -- the insurance companies. Which insurance company cancelled your homeowners insurance?

I'm asking for clarification because I went through AAA to get homeowners insurance in 2011 for our new house. It was/is with ASI which is now Progressive. My roof is the original.

My renewal arrived yesterday and my premium increased 49%.

Needless to say, I'm starting to shop around for a better premium for the same coverage.
Be very careful if you do shop in that a new policy will probably not have Sinkhole Coverage.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Very much to scub——s Who got all the free roofs replaced. AAA now canceling my bundle cause my roof over 10 years old . What comes around goes around. So, I hope you proud is yourselves for committing fraud.
Were you referring to scubadivers committing fraud? How did they do that?
Old 07-07-2022, 09:11 AM
Default This 10 year policy can make things worse

With carriers not writing for properties with a roof over ten years old, I can see this leading to people installing cheaper, lower quality roofs. Why install a roof with a 20 or 30 year warranty when you will need to replace it in 10 ?
What about slate or tile roofs? I wonder if they will follow the same policy.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
So let's see should I pay $15,000 out of pocket for a new roof or maybe have a inspector come out and see if their is any weather damage. Let me think about this one. Mmmmmmmmm yeah I think I would like to possibly keep my $15,000 and have a inspector take a look.

What's that Mr. Inspector? There is water damage and I qualify for a new roof because I paid into the insurance company for 15 years. Well that's great, when can they get started on my new roof? Next week you say, that will be fantastic, thank you for my new roof.

Also to the OP there is a saying if you can't beat them join them. Nobody cares about your moral high ground that's going to end up costing you lots of money but hey you still got your morals.

Oh by the way the insurance companies are recording record profits probably because they have no morals either. See you can't fight people with no morals with your morals you not going to win financially. These are the times we live in try to keep up.
After all, it's only fraud if you get caught.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 07-07-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:24 AM
Default Look at both sides

One of my clients pays close to 1m on insurance. No claims filed in 10 years that they have been a client.
Each year their agent starts sending me the panic articles. These usually report how rates for your property, wind, maybe flood can be increasing 60% or more. When he gets the quote (increasingly less than one week before the existing policy expires) and it has a 30% increase. As you may expect he brags about what a great job he did.
Last year he came and spoke before five of my clients (their B.O.D.) and started to blame lawsuits and legal costs for much of the increase. On the surface, this makes sense. I asked him what percentage of lawsuits did the carrier lose. How many denials did they issue which were then overturned. The answer was over 50%.
This is only one of many reasons insurance rates are going crazy. The policy that providers follow concerning providing a rate to an agent is another pet peave for another time.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:55 AM
Default Roof inspections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
FLA roofing laws changed this week, to benefit the homeowner. Start here

What You Need to Know About Recent Changes to Florida Property Insurance Law Affecting Admitted and Surplus Lines Insurers | Butler Weihmuller Katz Craig LLP - JDSupra

prohibits carriers from refusing to insure a home with a roof that is less than 15 years old solely because of the age of the roof. If the roof is at least 15 years old, and the carrier requires the replacement of the roof to issue or renew the policy, the homeowner can have a roof inspection paid for by the homeowner. The insurer is prohibited from refusing to issue a policy solely because of the age of the roof if the inspector determines that the roof has 5 or more years of useful life left.
For a roof inspection, call McGarry and Madsen Inspection 352 283 1385. Both contractors. It will be the best $105 you've spent! I had new roof and STILL had to have inspection. They are thorough, lots of pics, will send to your insurer.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:17 AM

Not all of us committed fraud who had roofs replaced in 2020. We had major winds in
February that year that caused pulled up and destroyed shingles on many homes.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Call your Broker and ask them to have your roof inspected to see if it can be certified that it will hold up for a minimum of 5 years. If so they cannot cancel you. Effectively (7 days ago) on July 1st Florida passed this law for all Insurance companies who still write in the state.
If your Broker is Descent they should advise you of this new law.
Again, they are not canceling, the underwriter will not renew policy. There now law requiring them to renew a policy nor is there law they can’t raise rate 4 fold. You go elsewhere or pay. In my case I have to first get new roof that’s just old and has no damage. I was one out of 79 in 89 villa that has no damage 90% of the roofs looked same as Mine or better.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holpat39 View Post
Not all of us committed fraud who had roofs replaced in 2020. We had major winds in
February that year that caused pulled up and destroyed shingles on many homes.

Yes I agree some hail or wind damage, but not 90% with 65 MPH wind and pea size hail or smaller. You could of been in isolated area that got worse weather. If you insurance said it was bad then good for you. It the one’s that turned over their insurance rights knowing roof wasn’t bad, but just old or stained. Bottom line they will still be responsible for the roof in insurance don’t pay or didn’t pay enough.
Closed Thread

Tags
years, hope, proud, committing, roof

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.