Thank You TOTV …

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2016, 06:43 AM
Platinum member
Default Thank You TOTV …

Three years ago in a nail salon, the woman next to me talked about retirement destinations. That was the first time I had heard about The Villages. Subsequent Internet and Youtube searches led to online golf cart tours, marketing presentations and other videos. Every night from our Bay Ridge, Brooklyn home I enjoyed the dancing by watching the 3 squares on the live cameras.

In the ensuing years it seemed like everyone I spoke to knew someone who knew someone who lives here. I became so immersed in this place that we eliminated Texas, North Carolina and other parts of Florida from our list.

Eventually I came across The Talk of The Villages website. I can honestly say nothing clinched our decision to move here more than you -- the TOTV members who daily share candid views, compliments and, yes, even criticisms of The Villages.

We closed on our NY home April 12th after 8 grueling months under contract. We arrived here 3 days later and moved into a nearby rental apartment. The day after we arrived we started house hunting.

I love being part of this virtual community and feel like I already know the area as well as many of you and the vendors you have recommended. That alone has done so much to help us feel we are not strangers.

And for that I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.

Barbara and Mike

PS

On May 13th we will close on our forever home – a beautiful Lantana in the Village of Lynnhaven.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:48 AM

welcome to the Villages. we visited april 2015 for 2 days went back and sold everything. luckly our house sold in 2 days out in 30 and we were back in July. you will not be sorry you made this move. we just love it.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:00 AM
Sage

Great story BK...congrats to you. I wish there had been a TOTV in 2006 when we bought..it would have made the research and transition much easier. Hope to see you at a Crispers someday. lynnhaven is a great location and I am somewhat partial to the Lanatana model. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2016, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome home to you. I found TOTV amazingly helpful and sometimes aggravating when I first discovered it.

After.........almost nine years, I still feel the same.

I hope the reality of living here is as happy as ours.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

A nice story. TOTV is a great website and I still think one of the best "secrets" in The Villages. Welcome.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post

Three years ago in a nail salon, the woman next to me talked about retirement destinations. That was the first time I had heard about The Villages. Subsequent Internet and Youtube searches led to online golf cart tours, marketing presentations and other videos. Every night from our Bay Ridge, Brooklyn home I enjoyed the dancing by watching the 3 squares on the live cameras.

In the ensuing years it seemed like everyone I spoke to knew someone who knew someone who lives here. I became so immersed in this place that we eliminated Texas, North Carolina and other parts of Florida from our list.

Eventually I came across The Talk of The Villages website. I can honestly say nothing clinched our decision to move here more than you -- the TOTV members who daily share candid views, compliments and, yes, even criticisms of The Villages.

We closed on our NY home April 12th after 8 grueling months under contract. We arrived here 3 days later and moved into a nearby rental apartment. The day after we arrived we started house hunting.

I love being part of this virtual community and feel like I already know the area as well as many of you and the vendors you have recommended. That alone has done so much to help us feel we are not strangers.

And for that I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.

Barbara and Mike

PS

On May 13th we will close on our forever home – a beautiful Lantana in the Village of Lynnhaven.
Welcome to Lynnhaven. Lots of nice people here. That's my Village too.

We have been here since June 2005. I have been on TOTV since July 2007.

Check out the Virginia Trace web-site for all kinds of helpful links. *VIRGINIA TRACE,* THE VILLAGES,* FLORIDA

Lynnhaven has a web-site too-- Lynnhaven Village Website
Old 05-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

What a beautiful

story. We couldn't

be happier for

both of you!

Wrong thread sorry. Enjoy and thanks for sharing you entire story. Feels like its never gonna be the "Big Day"!
Old 05-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Platinum member

and enjoy your new life in The Villages!!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Welcome to Lynnhaven. Lots of nice people here. That's my Village too.

We have been here since June 2005. I have been on TOTV since July 2007.

Check out the Virginia Trace web-site for all kinds of helpful links. *VIRGINIA TRACE,* THE VILLAGES,* FLORIDA

Lynnhaven has a web-site too-- Lynnhaven Village Website
See what I mean? The helpfulness goes on. Thank you so much for sharing "my/our" neighborhood websites.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:52 AM

Welcome BK001. You're not in Brooklyn anymore! I was born in Wycoff Hts Hosp in
Ridgewood. My parents moved to TV in 1997, I'm here full time since 2012. LOVE IT
You may want to check out the NY Club and I think on Wednesdays they have a
bowling league in Spanish Springs. Congratulations on your new chapter. Connie
Old 05-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Sage

I first visited TV about nine years ago and TOTV was unknown to me. I fell madly in love with TV but it took me eight years to get here!

TOTV saved me, as I was in job, stuck at the puter all day and I was able to access TOTV and was provided countless hours to do research and enjoy all the info and humor that is dispensed.

Lynnhaven is a great area to be in, as it close to shopping and doctors. It is also close to LSL, which many people think is the most beautiful square.

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Veteran member

Welcome! I have lived in Fla for most of my life and had never heard of TV until I heard a story on "All Things Considered" in 2011.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:12 AM

I have fond memories of Bay Ridge. I was stationed at Fort Hamilton in the early 90's and my sons spent their pre-middle school years at PS 185. Although Brooklyn is great, I think you'll like The Villages even more.

Welcome home!
Old 05-04-2016, 10:55 AM

Welcome my wife Bonnie and I will be moving into Ashland Village this Friday the 6th hope to see you around
Old 05-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec3 View Post
Welcome my wife Bonnie and I will be moving into Ashland Village this Friday the 6th hope to see you around
Welcome to you too. Ashland is right next to Lynnhaven.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, home, totv, arrived, feel, knew, years, nearby, lynnhaven, apartment, started, house, day, village, rental, days, criticisms, closed, compliments, share, candid, views, april, contract, hunting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.