Thanks for stopping to help!

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Sage
Smile Thanks for stopping to help!

My golf cart broke down on the way home from golf the other day coming from Brownwood area. We were stuck on 466A golf cart path. During that time so many people stopped by to make sure we were ok. It was so nice to feel safe and know that I could have asked any one of those people for help and they would have. I eventually was towed by a golf cart transporter the Villages Golf cart store uses. They were super awesome. My cart was taken to the shop and fixed within three hours and returned to us. It needed the carburetor rebuilt. After I arrived home I received a call from the store saying I had left my wallet behind and they were holding it for me. Just a bunch of really nice people live here.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

That is really nice to hear. Thanks for sharing and safe travels!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 10-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
My golf cart broke down on the way home from golf the other day coming from Brownwood area. We were stuck on 466A golf cart path. During that time so many people stopped by to make sure we were ok. It was so nice to feel safe and know that I could have asked any one of those people for help and they would have. I eventually was towed by a golf cart transporter the Villages Golf cart store uses. They were super awesome. My cart was taken to the shop and fixed within three hours and returned to us. It needed the carburetor rebuilt. After I arrived home I received a call from the store saying I had left my wallet behind and they were holding it for me. Just a bunch of really nice people live here.

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing; you made my day.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We could turn this into a "Nice things people in TV have done" thread. I left my purse at the Three Rivers Meeting at Colony Thursday night. The next morning Colony called my husband's cell (from TV phonebook), but he won't answer the phone if he doesn't recognize the number. So they went the extra mile and must have looked us up in their system, because they then called our son in MI. Don't know how else they would have gotten his number, because it's only his first name in my contacts.

He was in the process of giving them our land line # when I called in to ask about my purse.

Reminds me to add ICE to my phone. I thought it was in there. Thanks to the Colony Rec people!
Old 10-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We could turn this into a "Nice things people in TV have done" thread. I left my purse at the Three Rivers Meeting at Colony Thursday night. The next morning Colony called my husband's cell (from TV phonebook), but he won't answer the phone if he doesn't recognize the number. So they went the extra mile and must have looked us up in their system, because they then called our son in MI. Don't know how else they would have gotten his number, because it's only his first name in my contacts.

He was in the process of giving them our land line # when I called in to ask about my purse.

Reminds me to add ICE to my phone. I thought it was in there. Thanks to the Colony Rec people!
Old 10-17-2015, 02:00 PM

We're still visitors and on each one of our four visits as soon as we pull off the path to look at our map everybody stops and asks if we need help.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms36 View Post
We're still visitors and on each one of our four visits as soon as we pull off the path to look at our map everybody stops and asks if we need help.
That is so great that others make you feel welcome here. It is a great place to be! My hubby helps broken down carts at least once a week. We keep a gas can filled with gas in our garage just for that purpose.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:02 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,121 Times in 1,349 Posts

Don't you just love living in the country!
Old 10-18-2015, 06:01 AM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

These accounts of Villager basic kindness are examples of why this place is very special, and as Gracie says "lower paradise." The media rumors, false statistics and hoopla be damned.

Thanks for this great thread.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,950 Times in 4,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
These accounts of Villager basic kindness are examples of why this place is very special, and as Gracie says "lower paradise." The media rumors, false statistics and hoopla be damned.

Thanks for this great thread.

Maybe we can find a corner of TV for the 1 or 2% malcontents---perhaps near the smell emanating from the dump
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, people, store, nice, home, fixed, shop, bunch, hours, super, awesome, returned, live, villages, arrived, wallet, received, call, holding, needed, rebuilt, carburetor, left, stuck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.