Is There A "Class System" By Home Price?

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Is There A "Class System" By Home Price?

OH, VillagerJudy, how could I forget the ranch homes.....they are quite lovely and have two to three bedrooms or a den. They also run about $200k.

Again, while the homes are built in pockets, our ladies group come from all over our little Village. Everyone here is nice..oh, you will meet a few exceptions and I have to ask myself why did they buy in a place like this if they can't be nice, but anyone who is looking to ENJOY their retirement needs to come on down..presuming you are North of here.....and see it for yourself. Lovely neighborhoods; lawns and yards cared for; quiet streets and just about the best folks in the world. All this and add the amenities and I can't imagine living anywhere else!!!!!!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Platinum member

I never had any class to begin with. Ask the other 7 guys I lived with in a tent in Kuwait 17 years ago. So I'd fit in anywhere. Okay almost anywhere. Somewhere? Aw forget it. At least my dog loves me. ;D

Steve
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 AM

Fran,

Not all homes on the "other" side of 441/27 are manufactured. We happen to own a designer. So even over on the "historic" side there are differences in housing
Old 08-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Veteran member

:dontknow: :redface: :redface: :dontknow: Larrydube, I apologize. Of course all the homes over in the historic area are not all manufactured! I know better than that since we have many friends in Orange Blossom and play pinochle in Paradise every Thursday. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 AM

IF I AM ASKED IF I HAVE A HOME OR A VILLA I WILL TELL THEM I HAVE ONE OF EACH AND SWAP EVERY 6 MONTHS. HA HA HA ACTUALLY, WE WILL BE BUYING A 3 BEDROOM VILLA BECAUSE OF MY DOGS. TAKE CARE. THE KAR GUY
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

If I am at Panaras...How do I get to the Historic side?? I have never been there..
:dontknow:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Platinum member

We only looked at Villas because of our dogs. Being a dog person, I don't think I would ever be without one.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 AM

Donna,

First I am assuming you are in a golf cart.

to get to the Historic side you need to go down bichera ave towards morse.blvd. There is a parking lot on your right side. Turn into this parking lot and go towards 441/27 (the back of the parking lot). You will see a sign and probably some golf carts coming. This is the entrance to the "Bridge" over 441/27. You will go over this bridge, and come out on the other side of 441/27. At the bottom of the Overpass (Bridge) you will bear left youwill come out in a parking lot. Continue on to the road which is Paradise Drive. Paradise drive will bring you up to the Boone Ct. gate.

Good Luck

Larry
Old 08-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Sage

Avista, I'm with you .. We also only looked at Courtyard Villas because that is what our dogs preferred. We'll always have a couple of dogs. I 'm not sure what all this "class" stuff is about .. we could have bought a Ranch Amarilla for less money than a Courtyard Villa.

We plan to avoid anyone who discriminates for any reason; it should be easy to spot them, they're the grouchy ones with the frowns.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Thanks Larry..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Platinum member

Barefoot, What kind of dogs do you have? We have a longhaired dachshund who was 7 years old Aug 11 and a Boston Terrier that is 3. They are quite the characters.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Gold member

Interesting comments Avista and Barefoot.
I am going to have to rethink the villa vs house situation. We have a 10 year old English Cocker Spaniel who is used to being out in the yard on his own. Earlier I had posted a question about using an invisible fence. That apparently would not work because technically the dog would be unleashed and therefore,against the rules!!! So, maybe the villa is worth considering.
Thanks for the insight.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Sage

Avista

I have a 10 lb poodle/terrier mix and a 65 lb lab mix (10 years old). The 10 year old dog has had both knees "done", so he isn't very active... But my TerriPoo can hardly wait to go to the dog park to make new friends.

We wanted to back on "open space" because we come from horse country and are used to privacy. But I am so afraid of alligators taking my little dog. We almost bought a place on San Marino, until they told us alligators mate in the preserve there, and someone saw a black panther in their back yard. So we decided to stay away from water and preseves.

When we started looking, we looked at Courtyard Villas. THen, Ranch Amarillos were larger and less expensive. I called all kinds of landscape companies and the CDD to see if we could erect a Hedge barrier, or a flower garden barrier, but the restrictions were daunting. Everything in TV has to be approved beforehand, and inspected after the fact. And I would never want the dogs to interfere with anyone else's enjoyment of their property.

We finally gave up and opted for a Courtyard Villa, we feel we have great privacy (we back on a fairway, no water), and our dogs won't bother anyone, and be perfectly secure.

I know a lot of people won't understand making decisions based on dogs, but to us they are just little furry humans that can't talk.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:11 AM
Platinum member

"I know a lot of people won't understand making decisions based on dogs, but to us they are just little furry humans that can't talk."

What! You mean everyone doesn't buy homes based on their dogs needs? I thought we were the norm!
Tampa, FL
Old 08-15-2007, 07:38 AM

My dogs talk everytime I get home from work they meet me at the door and are always so excited to see me,and my wife and I will also be making our home purchase with Bailey and Lilley best interest in mind. We may have to give up our dream of retiring to the TV to a more pet friendly location. I won't be forced to buy a place I don't want at more money than I want to spend. I've stated on here before allowing property owners to construct small fences in the back yard that they have purchased is a reasonable answer to peoples concern about where and how people walk they're dogs. I also don't want to be looked down upon if we decide to buy a manufactured home in the "historical Section"

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.