Are there many things to do in TV, for the grandchildren

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold member
Default Are there many things to do in TV, for the grandchildren

Grandchildren are an important part of our lives. Are there activities and things to do when the grandkids come for a visit. Is TV grandkid friendly?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Gold member

Villages is extremely kid friendly ! What's not for a kid to love here...nothing.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Sage

Lots for them to like. First and foremost, they love going for rides in golf carts. Then there are two movie theaters to visit, bowling, swimming, Disney, Universal, Amazing Glaze where pottery can be decorated, shopping, shuffleboard, and many other things. Being with grandparents is fun for them, and remember, learning to play video games with the kids is fun for them and a great learning experience for adults. You can also teach them Mexican train...everyone enjoys that game. They might enjoy eating out, enjoy the entertainment at the town squares, market nights at the squares, too.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Sage
Smile

My grandnephews love to do everything here: bocce, pickleball, tennis, shuffleboard, and especially swimming. There's a miniature golf just off of 466that they also love. They're only 5 and 8, so they're too young for golf. This year we're going to take them to the new Leggoland in Winter Haven which people have been raving about. TV is very kid friendly.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Default Polo

My grandchildren loved tailgating at the polo match - $2 to reserve the spot for the cart plus admission - bring all the snacks you want - kids can walk around and see marvelous horses and experience - at least for mine - a new sport as the the horses and riders go thundering by. It was one of their favorite things.

Also was just told that in Clearwater the center that is the basis for the movie Dolphin Tale is open for visitors.

I am looking for a horse breeding farm to take my granddaughter to - she is not old enough for the Villages Life Long Learning trip - does anyone know where they go so I can make my own arrangements.

So much to do - so little time - Grandkids are boy/girl twin 12 almost 13 year olds, 10 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old - all had a great time including Mima and Papa.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Sage

A great place to go visit with kids is Homasassa State Park. Lots of manatees swim in the Crystal River and go into the park waters. Nice zoo of native Florida animals including a 52 year old hippo. I will not ruin the story about the hippo but it is a great story.

It is about an hour drive from The Villages.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:07 PM

There is Camp Villages in the summer, where they can take part in a lot of different activities.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbevan View Post

I am looking for a horse breeding farm to take my granddaughter to - she is not old enough for the Villages Life Long Learning trip - does anyone know where they go so I can make my own arrangements.

I took my granddaughters (ages 4 and 8) on the horse-drawn carriage tour of the Ocala horse farms and they and their mamma and papa loved it. I forget the exact name of the tour, but I'm sure you can find it. And the tour guide might know of a horse farm that you can visit.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Sage

Here's a video link to testimonials on just a few of the hundreds of summer camp offerings for kids and their grandparents in TV, for 8 weeks in summer:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-58D-fBFk[/ame]
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbevan View Post
My grandchildren loved tailgating at the polo match - $2 to reserve the spot for the cart plus admission - bring all the snacks you want - kids can walk around and see marvelous horses and experience - at least for mine - a new sport as the the horses and riders go thundering by. It was one of their favorite things.

Also was just told that in Clearwater the center that is the basis for the movie Dolphin Tale is open for visitors.

So much to do - so little time - Grandkids are boy/girl twin 12 almost 13 year olds, 10 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old - all had a great time including Mima and Papa.
That would be The Clearwater Marine Aquarium, home to Winter the dolphin featured in Dolphin Tale. A very good movie and a great place for a day trip outside of TV.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Gold member
Default ok i see lots of stuff

Ok there are lots of things going on here , glad to hear that. Thanks folks for all your input.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:12 PM

And don't forget a day at the beach! Clearwater and Siesta Key are my favorites. There is a park on the road that runs in front of the new library off 466A. Great place for the little ones to blow off steam. It's fenced in so you don't have to do too much chasing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.