Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Default Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Trader Joe's is cool; Costco or BJ's...I am not a fan of Sam's Club....would like Olive Garden/Red Lobster also. Our Wegman's is wonderful in Central NY; I don't know if they go out-of-state. :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Default Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

I'd like to see a "Sports Authority", a "Donut Shop" (even though no one should eat them ), and a SteinMart.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Veteran member

We've had a lot of suggestions about who and what but few suggestions about where. How about a few more wheres?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 PM

Something like a Macy's/Burdines !!!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:36 AM

Wegemens goes down through Virginia. I LOVE that store. We need that and Costco here.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:54 PM

Sam's is coming next to Home Depot. Kohl's is also coming to Buffalo Ridge. Told them not to make it too tiny. I definitely would love to see a Macy's (must be large)

Although the DQ closed on 441/27 there is another one on 466.

: I think that is it for now.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ
Yes I'd like to see a Trader Joe's! Please....
Also a Calico Corners Outlet would be great. Or any other fabric store such as Joanns. We have hardly anyplace to find fabric or supplies here.
Also a Hobby Lobby or Michaels or other craft store would be welcome.
I TOTALLY agree...Not sure what a Trader Joes's is, but....I TOTALLY agree that we need a fabric/craft store in The Villages: A JoAnns, a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Calico Corners...ANYTHING would be better than what we have now which is ZILCH !! Oh yes, there is a craft store, per se, in Southern Trace, but they are so NOT nice there and not helpful and don't really have much of anything in stock. Do the "powers that be" realize how many craft, sewing, quilting, painting, etc, etc, clubs there are here??? It would be a goldmine to open a fabric and/or craft store here. Maybe if we all sent emails or letters to the stores we want, they'll come and investigate. We didn't really need another McDs on 466A...pass the blubber please >...but they did their marketing and know a good thing when they see it. I went to Tavares yesterday to JoAnns and last week was at Hobby Lobby in Ocala. Every day I think of something else I want or need (mostly want ;D) but there's nowhere to go unless one wants to drive 20+ miles in some direction...which I don't like to do. Hope somebody out there is listening to us....
Old 04-21-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersmom
I heard a rumor a while ago that Olive Garden and Red Lobster were going in next to Brusters by Mulberry Rec Center. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
OHHHHH I sooooo hope you're right!!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:03 PM

A Dunkin Donuts would be god, better than Starbucks, but a Carribeau Coffee would be just outstanding. It also is a franchise.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Veteran member

a good hobby store would be great, but how about a White Castle or Krystals?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:57 AM

How about a Mexican restaurant up on 42? Not a fancy chain or anything, just a good Mexican Restaurant and also a restaurant for good coffee up on the "Northern" end of the Villages.
Zug, Switzerland
Usingen, Germany
Woodstock, GA
Old 04-25-2007, 11:48 AM

I'm from Houston and I really miss good Mexican food. The palces here are terrible, wrong ingredients, bad meat, little portions of meat, etc. I would probably sell my soul for a good Mexican resturant like Pappasitos or Ninfas.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

El Ranchero, Monterrey, Rio Bravo or La Paz would be nice. ON HWY 42!!!!! Not that I'm irritated or anything. Sheesh.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 04-26-2007, 04:04 AM

For all you DD fans in Spanish Springs. Try Panera. We have found it to be as good as DD. Especially their travel cup. No waiting in line for just a cup of coffee. Check it out!
Old 05-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Eternal Member

I would like to see a very upscale restaurant here (not so much price - but ambience, service and good food). White tagbleclothes, candles,etc. (no bright lights like most of the restaurants have here) allowing for a leisurely European slow dinner (like NY and San Fran) versus the quick and out-of-here American dinner.
What do you think?
EJW

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.