Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

I would like to see a Ted's Montana Grill.

The only bad thing for villager's is their specialty is bison. Some people here would say they wouldn't like it for that but take a look at their menu. I feed the buffalo myself. I like them also. They are friendly.

But the bison is great to eat. And good for you!

We have 2 Ted's Montana restaurants in Indy.

http://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/

Anyone else eaten there?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

We bought some ground bison at the grocery store and did not like it. The taste was just not good. I had eaten at Ted's in Atlanta prior to the grocery store bison but didn't have the bison burger. The next time I was at Ted's, I decided to try the bison burger and it was great. I wouldn't hesitate to have another. And the fat content is lower than beef.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:55 PM

I agree with Sweet Tomatoes! It is just the right price point for the people of the Villages. I very often try to get there when I am in Orlando. I would also like to see a Trader Joe's. I have not personally been to one, but my sister and mother have told me how wonderful they are. Sounds good to me!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Gold member

Add Trader Joe's to my list.

Above is the e-mail address for Ted's E-mail them and let them know we are here and waiting.

Here is the e-mail address for Trader Joes let them know what they are missing. Flood them with e-mails!!!!!!!! Mine is already there.

http://www.traderjoes.com/product_information_form.aspx

Old 07-31-2007, 07:21 PM

Sorry to report bad news from Trader Joe's. They sent me a very nice reply to my email requesting that they build a TJ's in the Villages. They explained why they can't do that anytime in the near future. I'm so disappointed!
Here's their reply:

Hello,

We appreciate your suggestions and enthusiasm regarding opening a store in Florida. We regret to inform you that at this time we have no confirmed plans for a store location in this area.

We are always looking for new locations and are open to suggestions and we appreciate the information you have provided. It truly shows us what a great fan you are of our stores when you scout locations for us! We will keep your recommendations in our files for future consideration.

We do have plans on coming to the state. However, due to lack of warehousing and vendors to supply product, we do not have the capabilities to yet supply the area. At this time this state in not in the Trader Joe's 2-year plan.

Thank you for your inquiry and thank you for shopping at Trader Joe's .

Kellye
Trader Joe's
Customer Relations
Old 07-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Veteran member

Red Lobster and Olive Garden!! Right now you have to drive to Leesburg for these places or to Ocala and I prefer to remain close to home when going out to dinner. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-31-2007, 08:00 PM

Joannes would be terrific as would Costco - I am also not a big fan of Sam's

Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Platinum member

Definitely Sweet Tomatoes!
Tampa, FL
Old 11-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Sage

bump
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-17-2007, 06:17 PM

I agree that a Wegman's would be the BEST grocery store for TV - there is no other grocery store like it in the WORLD. In fact, grocers from all over the world come to Rochester, NY (home of Wegman's) just to visit and learn the concept of this amazing store.
It would be great to finally have good bread in TV - haven't found a loaf yet that I liked - tried them all - even the "gormet" varities in all the local groceries and restaurants like Paneras and Toojay's. Wegman's deli, prepared foods and olive bar feature dozens of varities - all so fresh and delicious. EVERYTHING Wegman's does if first class!

Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 PM

We definitely need some quality stores and malls on 466A that are golf cart accessible. My #1 choice would be Home Goods - so many of us drive to Orlando or Altamonte Springs just to shop for "home goods" to decorate our new Florida homes - heaven forbid if you need to exchange something for color or size - that's another 1 1/2hr. drive each way (ask my husband - he's done it countless times!) Everyone I speak to wishes there was a Home Goods store locally - even contacted them via their Web site - no plans as of this moment.
Who has power for this request?
Old 11-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Sage

Franco....I believe an AC Moore store is due to go into the shopping strip across from Home Depot on 441 (it's like a Michaels but not as good as Home Goods). Better than nuthin'; somehow, I doubt 466A will ever be as robust for shopping as 466 and 441; probably just have the immediate necessity stores and a few eateries.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I would like an Olive Garden, for a chain I think they do a great job.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Taltarzac

Somewhere you could get dutch crunch bread. Have found any of this outside of the San Francisco Bay area.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Eternal Member

Steak and Ale; Great Prime Rib!

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.