They should be ashamed.....

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2018, 04:28 PM

I saw the exact same thing at the exact location on another day. I sat there and watched with my mouth wide open. Could not believe what I was watching.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I have often fantasized of a device that would slowly let the air out of a vehicle's tires (so the driver doesn't lose control)...and force it to the side of the road needing a tow.

Mostly I think about this, when following a car on the interstate/turnpike that has a long line of traffic behind it...while purposely driving in the left lane.

The water cannon idea...also has its merit though.

Don't think I'll make a habit of this, but I agree 100% again.

The ambulance issue is just sick, no pun intended. Ambulance drivers do not risk their own lives speeding and going through red lights with lights and sirens for routine transports. Time is an issue in that case, and the me-first attitude could harm another person. I don't know the law in that case, but I'd be willing to bet the penalty if you get a ticket is minor compared to driving your golf cart at 20.1 mph. Again, sick.

As you know, the left lane road garbage is a pet peeve of mine, especially since I have to drive to N. Carolina tomorrow, and will encounter this dozens of times. I have little tolerance for these people if they are very old, or bad drivers, or just oblivious, since there is a place in the far right lane (or shoulder) for them. But the drivers, some of whom have stated on this site, that they do it on purpose because THEY believe 50 is fast enough, is almost unbelievable. The unmitigated gall, the arrogance, to invent your own law to supercede existing law and then inflict it on everyone else boggles the imagination. Why don't we all make up our own traffic laws? Maybe I'll bring my convertible and drive at 140 mph. And I'd be much less of a hazard than those in the left lane at 50. Maybe red lights should be optional, maybe I'll decide left on red is fine as well. A water cannon or paint gun??? I suggest a bulldozer!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:02 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

The ambulance issue is just sick, no pun intended. Ambulance drivers do not risk their own lives speeding and going through red lights with lights and sirens for routine transports. Time is an issue in that case, and the me-first attitude could harm another person. I don't know the law in that case, but I'd be willing to bet the penalty if you get a ticket is minor compared to driving your golf cart at 20.1 mph. Again, sick.

As you know, the left lane road garbage is a pet peeve of mine, especially since I have to drive to N. Carolina tomorrow, and will encounter this dozens of times. I have little tolerance for these people if they are very old, or bad drivers, or just oblivious, since there is a place in the far right lane (or shoulder) for them. But the drivers, some of whom have stated on this site, that they do it on purpose because THEY believe 50 is fast enough, is almost unbelievable. The unmitigated gall, the arrogance, to invent your own law to supercede existing law and then inflict it on everyone else boggles the imagination. Why don't we all make up our own traffic laws? Maybe I'll bring my convertible and drive at 140 mph. And I'd be much less of a hazard than those in the left lane at 50. Maybe red lights should be optional, maybe I'll decide left on red is fine as well. A water cannon or paint gun??? I suggest a bulldozer!
But tell us how you really feel
Old 04-26-2018, 08:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
But tell us how you really feel
As usual, just a bit apprehensive. It's a long ride and very little opportunity to use cruise control. After the Georgia/SC border it is 2 lanes each way on 95 the rest of the way, so you have to pay 200% attention to the road since when it comes to other drivers, "stupid is as stupid does" And if there is heavy rain, it can be a really tough drive. I also have a tendency to encounter the "side by side" truckers----always a joy.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:13 AM
fw102807

Quote:
As usual, just a bit apprehensive. It's a long ride and very little opportunity to use cruise control. After the Georgia/SC border it is 2 lanes each way on 95 the rest of the way, so you have to pay 200% attention to the road since when it comes to other drivers, "stupid is as stupid does" And if there is heavy rain, it can be a really tough drive. I also have a tendency to encounter the "side by side" truckers----always a joy.
Hoping you have a pleasant trip!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Platinum member
Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Over the past 15 years I have witnessed all too many similar situations where drivers just do not yield to emergency vehicles.

It may not be the majority but are far too many.
The gotta hurry and me first syndrome is too prevalent.
Seems like a self identified entitlement of some of the aged folks who think they have paid dues of some kind.
The "me first" syndrome is all too common here. We saw the same thing happening at CR466 and Buena Vista. It is definitely not the "old people" problem, either.....unless you are considering the 40, 50, 60 year-old population "old". I have yet to figure out why on earth the younger ones move to a retirement community and then complain constantly about "old" people being here. My neighbor and I were talking about this very thing this morning. They are definitely not what the complainers are considering "old" (not by a long shot, unless late 50's and early 60's is old). She has issues with hearing, so I guess by the standards of some, they should not be living here? He does the majority of the driving, but there are occasions when she does. They come from a big city. He even remarked this morning how crazy the drivers here are. To quote, "What on earth is the big hurry...not just in cars, but carts, as well?"

These roads here are public, not private which means we get traffic from young people here as well. Ever sit next to one at a red light with all your windows up and cannot even hear the people in your car because of the blaring, road vibrating thump-thump music? Then they take off like a bat out of you know where....to be first, of course.

Maybe LE should go straight to the major intersections such as these two when a call comes in for an ambulance. (I would think they are aware of each emergency call.)
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Gold member

Moved post

Last edited by Boudicca; 04-26-2018 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread
Old 04-26-2018, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

I guess that means you're still not ready to become a dues paying (which the dues are actually very reasonable ) member...of the 'CNM Fan Club?'

Seriously though, and as hard as it can be at times (and I'm not saying I'm always successful doing it, or that you aren't successful doing it), try to keep the frustration to a minimum...as that can be dangerous/counter-productive.

But I'm quite sure...I don't really have to tell you that.

Have a safe trip.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I guess that means you're still not ready to become a dues paying (which the dues are actually very reasonable ) member...of the 'CNM Fan Club?'

Seriously though, and as hard as it can be at times (and I'm not saying I'm always successful doing it, or that you aren't successful doing it), try to keep the frustration to a minimum...as that can be dangerous/counter-productive.

But I'm quite sure...I don't really have to tell you that.

Have a safe trip.
CNM fan club????? Is that a group of people who like air movement devices that can move Cubic NanoMeters of air?????
Old 04-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
CNM fan club????? Is that a group of people who like air movement devices that can move Cubic NanoMeters of air?????
OK, that was actually pretty good.

It's about damned time you had a good one.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

I'm not surprised. Having driven all types of emergency vehicles in Miami, it often becomes necessary to just lay on the air horn until the ignoring public finally comply. Sometimes I couldn't even get out of the station with Lights, siren and air horn blaring. You almost have to T-bone traffic to clear it.

Tags
ambulance, intersection, cars, sirens, light

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.