They want a 8” Cross removed?

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2021, 10:38 AM
Default They want a 8” Cross removed?

Well this should start a conversation.
Did you know that one of the Districts governance bodies is suing a resident over a very small white cross in their yard?
They should start a go fund me page to fight this.

Resident says HOA in The Villages is suing her for displaying cross, lawn ornaments
Old 06-11-2021, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
Did you know that one of the Districts governance bodies is suing a resident over a very small white cross in their yard?

Resident says HOA in The Villages is suing her for displaying cross, lawn ornaments
Lawn ornaments are not allowed by the deed restrictions we signed when we moved to TV. We do not have an HOA.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:

They are getting sued for NOT following the deed restrictions, not because it is a cross. They can put the cross on the porch, in full view, problem solved.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

Anyone know what village she lives in? Up here in the NE almost everyone has lawn ornaments of one kind or another, including many crosses.

kathy
Old 06-11-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Anyone know what village she lives in? Up here in the NE almost everyone has lawn ornaments of one kind or another, including many crosses.

kathy
Restrictions are different in each district. They live in District 8.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Is that 8" above the ground, or are the cross rebels hiding some of it below ground level?
Old 06-11-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Lawn ornaments are not allowed by the deed restrictions we signed when we moved to TV.
All dogs are required to be on a leash at all times, dogs are not allowed off leash on any athletic field or other public areas. Not allowing pets to play and walk on common area landscaping. Owner is responsible for picking up after pet, please take all waste home for disposal.

I see this rule broken often. Or do we get to pick and choose which rules we want to follow.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

When you move into a deeded, or an HMO community, you have to give up certain rights. Personally, I don't care about lawn ornaments, but the deed restrictions are agreed upon when you sign your papers. I'd love to see personal expressions in people's yards, as long as they're not rusted out cars, boats, RVs... Would you accept it if your next door neighbor put 8" Gnomes on their lawn. I'd like to know, because I have several Gnomes, that I'd like to display.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Dickinson View Post
All dogs are required to be on a leash at all times, dogs are not allowed off leash on any athletic field or other public areas. Not allowing pets to play and walk on common area landscaping. Owner is responsible for picking up after pet, please take all waste home for disposal.

I see this rule broken often. Or do we get to pick and choose which rules we want to follow.
We follow the pet rules and do not have any lawn ornaments.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Restrictions are different in every area, read yours. Everyone agrees to the covenant when they buy. She did too. She is now complaining because she doesn't want to live by the rules.

Also, MANY people have a cross in their yard and are not sued. Enforcement is because someone complained. I expect this is not about her having a cross in her years, but the "real" story is she p133ed someone off about something else and they reported her to get even.

I personally don't care if people want small a small cross in their yard, it is against the covenant technically, but as long as it does not make the neighborhood look trashy and reduce our resale value, they I have no problem with it.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:

I guess you missed this the first time around, there were 158 posts.
Small white Crosses

Enjoy!
Old 06-11-2021, 11:52 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Dickinson View Post

You have the opportunity to turn in the violator, if you do not the violations will continue. Doesn't matter which rule is broken, rules are rules. I have turned in people that allow their dogs to run loose, they were contacted but still don't use a leash, I call them "The Elite" to this class of people rules and regulations are meaningless.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:56 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I received a letter from the law firm yesterday stating that my tenant had a lawn ornament in the front of the house, it was a metal bird like so many homes have. I contacted my tenants and they removed the item, they also talked with the attorney's office to fully understand the complain and were told that they received 65 anonymous complaints from the same person, that would be a professional troll.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I received a letter from the law firm yesterday stating that my tenant had a lawn ornament in the front of the house, it was a metal bird like so many homes have. I contacted my tenants and they removed the item, they also talked with the attorney's office to fully understand the complain and were told that they received 65 anonymous complaints from the same person, that would be a professional troll.
Yet so many swear clipboard trolls don’t exist. Now you have it in writing, yes they do.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:23 PM

The tenants "were TOLD" by attorney's office.

Sounds like hearsay to me.....

And even if they do exist...who cares? Follow rules and they will have nothing to report, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Yet so many swear clipboard trolls don’t exist. Now you have it in writing, yes they do.
Closed Thread

Tags
cross, start, small, white, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.