GOLF CAR PRICE

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Send a message via ICQ to tankdvr1950
Default GOLF CAR PRICE

We just experienced our first Lifestyles visit to TV....that visit pretty much made up our minds that TV will be the place for us...hopefully within a couple of years. One thing we were amazed with was the wide variety of golf cars in TV and all the (obvious) options that are available...which leads to a question.....is buying a golf car similar to an automobile purchase...i.e. is the price negotiable with the dealer??
Old 03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: GOLF CAR PRICE

My experience with dealers locally is that they offer what they feel is a fair price (also what they think the market will bear) and thats the best price you will get.
That being said, there are a lot of private individuals selling golf carts for numerous reasons and there is where you can find deals. If your willing to spend the time (and I mean hours upon hours) calling owners and traveling to look at what they have to offer, you can find the cart of your dreams at the price you wish to pay.
I, for instance took two days and devoted myself to such a search and found a like new, reconditioned cart, that would have cost 5K at a dealers, for $3250
It's all about what YOUR willing to do in your quest for the ideal cart.
Handie :joke:
Old 03-05-2008, 11:35 AM

Thanks Handie
Old 03-08-2008, 04:31 PM

Try < tntgolfcar.com > in Quincy, Illinois. They sell Yamaha 2008 Drive golf carts for $4799.00 plus options, deliver free to your house in The Villages and there is no sales tax !!! They sell world wide and deliver here monthly. They have many customers in Florida since they ship overseas from Miami. Call 1-800-229-7274 and ask for Jason. Tell him a customer named Folky recommended them and he will immediately know what is needed for The Villages equipment. I looked and looked for a better deal, did not find any.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:05 AM
Sage

How much were the options needed for TV use?
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-10-2008, 02:16 PM

Thanks Lucko.....will the local (TV) Yamaha dealer honor the new cart warrenty???
Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 AM

The Village deluxe package (lights etc.) is discounted, but still is several hundred $$. The local dealer says they will honor warrenty even though one salesman claims otherwise. If they didn't honor the warrenty, that would threaten their dealership agreement. I generally like to buy local, but a couple thousand $$ is too much to pay for their friendship. If I were to buy reconditioned locally, I'd try to get it from the Club Car dealer.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:59 AM
Sage

I'll bite - Why the Club Car Dealer?
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-23-2008, 04:25 AM

Chuck -- no bite -- I did a lot of walking and talking before deciding to buy new out of town -- I found management at Club Car was more tolerant of northerners wanting to negotiate price and just told me up front the best deals he had on rebuilt carts -- Club car makes a great new electric cart, but uses gas engines made by others -- TNT also sells used carts etc. --
Old 03-23-2008, 04:39 AM

Chuck -- no bite -- I did lots of walking and talking before I decided to buy new from out of town -- I just felt that Club Car management was more tolerant of northerners wanting to negotiate price -- they gave me their best deals up front on rebuilt carts -- Club Car makes a good new electric cart, but uses other peoples engines for gas carts -- TNT also sells rebuilt and used carts etc. -- FWIW -- Be sure to get an individual key, I am told that there have been 55 carts stolen in TV this year, most from Spanish Springs and northern areas -- Ooops, I bet TV doesn't want that known !!!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Sage

TNT = ?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.