Snowflake question

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Default Snowflake question

What do snowflakes do about cable tv? Do you pay for it year round, you don't watch television when you get to tv, or pay for 6 mos. at a time?

Last edited by mgm4444; 06-06-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: wording
Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Default Snowflake TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm4444 View Post
What do snowflakes do about cable tv? Do you pay for it year round, you don't watch television when you get to tv, or pay for 6 mos. at a time?
Just been speaking to CenturyLink who are doing a special bundle with Prism TV for 6 months with no contract! You may want to speak to them.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:

Easy Peasy. The utility companies are all very expert at handling Snowbirds. We pay all utilities on a monthly basis. We put our Internet and Cable TV on a "seasonal hold" when we leave for six months at a minimal cost. When we're ready to return, we call them and they turn our services back on! We do the same thing with the Daily Sun.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Veteran member

We have Comcast for TV, cable and internet. We put it on Summer suspension. Just tell them when you want it reinstated and it'll be back on before you return. There is a minimal charge for doing this...and a $10/mo monthly bill.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
We have Comcast for TV, cable and internet. We put it on Summer suspension. Just tell them when you want it reinstated and it'll be back on before you return. There is a minimal charge for doing this...and a $10/mo monthly bill.
Philnpat ... How long do you shut your service off for? I have made five phone calls to Comcast and each time receive different information. We will be gone less than three months so the least expensive service I found was for $22/month for basic cable and our disconnecting the internet.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Sage
Default I only know Comcast

Quote:
If I understand a snowflake (here for short durations through the year), I am unaware of any decent solution (at least from Comcast).

If you mean snowbird or seasonal resident, then Comcast lets you put account on hold for up to six months with certain restrictions about when you start. We used to do that until last year when we left in July and they said it was too late to put on vacation. We were paying about $125/month for TV/HD/DVR/Internet and canceled because they said we had to.

This year we returned and have the same service for $48/month. We did have to pay a $35 connect fee. Thank you Comcast for not letting us put our service on hold
Old 06-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We had Direct TV both places and one bill. We carried the boxes back and forth and had them switch it off at one location and switch it on at the other.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatandBob View Post

I have made five phone calls to Comcast and each time receive different information. We will be gone less than three months so the least expensive service I found was for $22/month for basic cable and our disconnecting the internet.
It's disturbing and amazing how much misinformation you can get from Comcast. I called three different times and was told three different amounts to put a Seasonal Hold in place. The first time I called they told me the Seasonal Hold cost had doubled. I asked for a Supervisor and she said that was the price. I was going to return the Modem and cancel the service. But then I decided to try another call, and I received a lesser price. I waited a few days and called again. The third time I asked, the Customer Rep quoted an extremely low Hold cost. So I booked the Hold with her, got her name and ID number, and it'a a done deal.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

drop down to base for 14.95 a month
Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Default Don't tell, but........

we have our cable through Comcast and put it on hold for summer and fall. We made a spur of the moment visit last fall, and discovered by accident that we still had service!! But when we were just flakes, we didn't even own a television!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
That's what we did but we were told the price is $22
Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Yup, I did mean snowflake..... visit from time to time. Can you explain what base consists of? Can u do the same with base, shut off for 6 months, etc?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

mgm444 - i hope this link will answer most of your questions about seasonal service with comcast:
Comcast Florida Markets

you do have to call to get the latest 411 re rates - they are based on what service you have.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We had Direct TV both places and one bill. We carried the boxes back and forth and had them switch it off at one location and switch it on at the other.

That's what we do too!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.