Three Monkey's

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Three Monkey's

When ever I think of the POA, VHA and Developer I am reminded of the 3 Monkey's. A man brought an Elephant to the Monkey pen and put blind folds on the monkey's. He had one monkey take hold of the elephant's leg and asked him what it was. The monkey said that was easy. It is a log, He took the next monkey and had him take hold of the elephants leg, and the monkey said that it was easy. It is a large fence post.The final monkey took hold of the elephant's leg and said it was easy. It is a large round rock. Each saw something different and were positive what it was. That is the verdict for the ones who decide what the VHA, POA and Developer are and will fight to the end to defend their positions. Some may have blind folds on and see them as something they are not. Which are you?
Old 09-11-2015, 04:42 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The analogy is incorrect because the POA VHA and The Villages of Lake-Sumter Inc. (TVLSI/Developer) are not all the same based on their history, mission and their interests.

The reality here has to do with the attitude/opinion/feeling a resident has toward each of these entities.

I submit one should be objective in his/her views and let logic prevail. I do not see a bad or good but a response based on the nature of that entity.

TVLSI is a business venture and a very aggressive one at that. This entities sole purpose to create great profits and to survive to infinity. Its a corporation and like any corporation you can't love it because it is incapable of loving you back .. personal relationships are an oxymoron to its very existence...ask anyone that has ever gotten a pink slip.

The POA was originally created because of promises made in perpetuity by Schwartz some years back and has progressive from there and has grown to be viewed by their leadership as watch dogs for residents.

The VHA was created and funded by TVLSI to eliminate the POA. If you follow the career paths of VHA presidents you would find that the continue to serve in positions valuable to TVSI interests and that is not a coincidence.

This topic in one form or another pops up on TOTV often and for good reason. However there has never been constructive discussion because it always ends up being a fight about pro this and anti that.

I wish Occam's Razor logic applied but human emotion takes precedence when it comes to this topic.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-11-2015, 06:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Don't Believe IT

I don't believe it! Someone actually analyzed the 3 Monkey's and it appears they could not figure the monkey's out so essentially said they were all right. WOW..
Old 09-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
When ever I think of the POA, VHA and Developer I am reminded of the 3 Monkey's. A man brought an Elephant to the Monkey pen and put blind folds on the monkey's. He had one monkey take hold of the elephant's leg and asked him what it was. The monkey said that was easy. It is a log, He took the next monkey and had him take hold of the elephants leg, and the monkey said that it was easy. It is a large fence post.The final monkey took hold of the elephant's leg and said it was easy. It is a large round rock. Each saw something different and were positive what it was. That is the verdict for the ones who decide what the VHA, POA and Developer are and will fight to the end to defend their positions. Some may have blind folds on and see them as something they are not. Which are you?
Your monkeys can talk? I'm impressed.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The analogy is incorrect because the POA VHA and The Villages of Lake-Sumter Inc. (TVLSI/Developer) are not all the same based on their history, mission and their interests.

The reality here has to do with the attitude/opinion/feeling a resident has toward each of these entities.

I submit one should be objective in his/her views and let logic prevail. I do not see a bad or good but a response based on the nature of that entity.

TVLSI is a business venture and a very aggressive one at that. This entities sole purpose to create great profits and to survive to infinity. Its a corporation and like any corporation you can't love it because it is incapable of loving you back .. personal relationships are an oxymoron to its very existence...ask anyone that has ever gotten a pink slip.

The POA was originally created because of promises made in perpetuity by Schwartz some years back and has progressive from there and has grown to be viewed by their leadership as watch dogs for residents.

The VHA was created and funded by TVLSI to eliminate the POA. If you follow the career paths of VHA presidents you would find that the continue to serve in positions valuable to TVSI interests and that is not a coincidence.

This topic in one form or another pops up on TOTV often and for good reason. However there has never been constructive discussion because it always ends up being a fight about pro this and anti that.

I wish Occam's Razor logic applied but human emotion takes precedence when it comes to this topic.

Personal Best Regards:
For the most part, I agree. But the VHA is deceitful in that it sells itself as a organization FOR the residents merely by its name. In reality, it was set up to destroy/fight the POA, and represent the interests of the developer. So how can one not be suspicious of anything coming from this organization is biased FOR the developer. I'm not saying that it can't do things that are good for the residents. But, I believe that will only happen if the interests of the residents coincide with the interests of the developer.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
For the most part, I agree. But the VHA is deceitful in that it sells itself as a organization FOR the residents merely by its name. In reality, it was set up to destroy/fight the POA, and represent the interests of the developer. So how can one not be suspicious of anything coming from this organization is biased FOR the developer. I'm not saying that it can't do things that are good for the residents. But, I believe that will only happen if the interests of the residents coincide with the interests of the developer.
Hi Outlaw: I did say that the VHA was created by TVLSI (Developer) to eliminate the POA. Yes it is a TVLSI public relations organization to promote
and support everything the developer does. The same rationale applies to Sumter One . Its good to be the king and I have come to accept that this is the reality here. In other words call them congressional districts or call them CDD's but politics are politics and politicians are politicians except here we have no vote

There are far too many people here who are pro developer or simply don't care and you end up banging your head against the wall and end up with the same results a headache except in TV you won't even get a boiler plate response letter .

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
. .... The VHA is deceitful in that it sells itself as a organization FOR the residents merely by its name. In reality, it was set up to destroy/fight the POA, and represent the interests of the developer. So how can one not be suspicious of anything coming from this organization is biased FOR the developer. I'm not saying that it can't do things that are good for the residents. But, I believe that will only happen if the interests of the residents coincide with the interests of the developer.
I agree with your comments about the mission of the VHA and the POA.
Thankfully, the Developer's interests usually coincide with the residents' interests.
Closed Thread

Tags
monkey, elephants, hold, leg, easy, monkeys, vha, developer, poa, large, folds, blind, decide, you?mornincoffee, positive, verdict, defend, end, positions, fight, post.the, reminded, asked, put, pen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.