Thwarted Break-in

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts
Default Thwarted Break-in

We had someone from the Sumter County Sheriff's Office come to the house today to check our security and give us ideas. He is a reserve police officer.

He told us they just caught someone trying to steal things off of a lanai of a home whose owner was out. The Community Watch had been asked by the Sheriff to watch for a certain vehicle. They saw the vehicle and called the Sheriff, who came out and caught the intruder.

I do not know what neighborhood except that it is one of the new neighborhoods. (I didn't ask what neighborhood).

That is all I know. He brought it up. I only asked a few questions, because I didn't want to appear to be a nosy old biddy.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We had someone from the Sumter County Sheriff's Office come to the house today to check our security and give us ideas. He is a reserve police officer.

He told us they just caught someone trying to steal things off of a lanai of a home whose owner was out. The Community Watch had been asked by the Sheriff to watch for a certain vehicle. They saw the vehicle and called the Sheriff, who came out and caught the intruder.

I do not know what neighborhood except that it is one of the new neighborhoods. (I didn't ask what neighborhood).

That is all I know. He brought it up. I only asked a few questions, because I didn't want to appear to be a nosy old biddy.
Nice...great job Community Watch!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:

au contraire this subject matter deserves in depth investigation and questioning and falls in line with neighborhood watch, etc.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

A car was broken into this morning on allaire loop in fernandina they were caught. Dont know if this is what you are talking about.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:11 PM

I also live on Allaire Loop. Do you have any other information on this break?
Old 02-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

I don't know if the incidents were the same. The reserve policeman said the intruders were caught on someone's lanai. He didn't say anything about a car break-in.

In any event, the intruders were arrested.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,390 Posts

Now let's hope that those involved, if they have the opportunity, press charges.
A very big problem in these matters is victims that do not press charges.

My course of action is always crystal clear...you steal from me or damage my property and you get caught you will be prosecuted!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Thanks for passing this wonderful information along
Old 02-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Gold member

FL still has the stand your ground statute right?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

Does anyone really know the correct story?????
Old 02-06-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Does anyone really know the correct story?????
Here's the breaking news! Lets hope that these are the guys that were doing all the other break ins! Strange that the bad guys are up at 5:45am?
http://www.**************.com/deputi...m_medium=email
Old 02-06-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Michiganders View Post
Here's the breaking news! Lets hope that these are the guys that were doing all the other break ins! Strange that the bad guys are up at 5:45am?
http://www.**************.com/deputi...m_medium=email
Don't think the link works. Go to The Villages News.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.