In Today's Daily Sun Thursday August 9,2012

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
maybe they could update the covenants and deed restrictions and get the dog regs and clothesline regs straightened out at the same time! or maybe someone will hafta lodge a complaint about the lack of compliance re the clothesline statute.
From what I have read, deed restrictions are cast in stone. They can only be changed by the original deed holder prior to the first transfer of title. As far as the deed restrictions that are superseded by state or federal statutes, then it is what it is...the deed restrictions cannot be enforced. No need to change them, even if you could.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Sage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
From what I have read, deed restrictions are cast in stone. They can only be changed by the original deed holder prior to the first transfer of title. As far as the deed restrictions that are superseded by state or federal statutes, then it is what it is...the deed restrictions cannot be enforced. No need to change them, even if you could.
Couldn't the developer change the deed restrictions on houses that have never had a transfer of title, ie new construction, so as not to be in violation of state statute?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Saw in today's paper,District 5 will enforce the deed restriction, regarding signs.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
so that mean folks could put up a clothesline on their property and no one could do anything about it because of the statute. boy howdy!

Last edited by njbchbum; 08-18-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: s
Old 08-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Couldn't the developer change the deed restrictions on houses that have never had a transfer of title, ie new construction, so as not to be in violation of state statute?
He certainly could, however, the developer is not violating a statute unless he tries to enforce the restriction. If he leaves the deed restrictions as is, then if the law changes, the restriction is already there. No way to change it back, otherwise.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
He certainly could, however, the developer is not violating a statute unless he tries to enforce the restriction. If he leaves the deed restrictions as is, then if the law changes, the restriction is already there. No way to change it back, otherwise.
I wonder if, when the laws were enacted (solar and/or antennae), there was an effective date such that restrictions existing prior to the effective date did not have to be changed and could still apply.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Sage

I can't attest to the reliability of this site, but for what it is worth: HOA and Condominium Management Orlando - House of Management Enterprises. - - CLOTHESLINES AND SOLAR PANELS CAN BE REGULATED

The site has some relevant information if anyone of you is interested enough to do some additional research from the information you can glean from the linked site.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Indy, apparently there is a Florida friendly "water conservation" law that property can be rocked ... does that supersede the deed restriction about grass?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Indy, apparently there is a Florida friendly "water conservation" law that property can be rocked ... does that supersede the deed restriction about grass?
Good question. Maybe someone can expound upon that.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.