Today's vaccination experience

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2021, 09:29 AM

Address to apply for appointment is sumterfl.saferestart.net. You can put in all zeros for ssn and give them insurance information when you get the shot. It won’t affect your place in the appointment queue. I got my shot yesterday also and was really impressed with how organized they were. The whole process only took minutes.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
I never thought about spam folder... what does the e-mail actually say?? also when registering I chose the text option has anyone gotten their notice thru a text??
The title is Safe Restart Screening Result from do not reply@gmr.net
Old 01-16-2021, 10:00 AM

We also received the e-mail that we are registered (1/13) so will try to be patient.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:17 AM

I registered Monday but still no appointment on Thursday so I drove to the site and entered though the sign said appointment only. I was directed to a separate line where I told the person my problem. He gave me a sheet with an email address (SUMTERCOVID19@GMR.NET) to access. Went home and on the internet and, coincidentally, I had an email with my code! So, I never tried the email address he gave me and don't know if it will help, but good luck. Note that the address he gave me was surprisingly all CAPS.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:30 AM

I registered yesterday but am on the wait list too. The email specifically says NOT to register more than once, so I'll wait it out. I'm not in a hurry. I have a friend who got her first shot (Moderna) at a Publix, but was then told they didn't know if/when they'd be getting the 2nd shots, so now she's wondering if she'll even be able to get the 2nd shot within the required time frame....and you can't combine shots (Moderna/Pfizer). You have to stay with one or the other for both. Good luck to everyone trying to and wanting to get them!! It's a process for sure!!
Old 01-16-2021, 10:43 AM

When you get your email appointment...how many days notice do they give you?
Old 01-16-2021, 10:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemike46 View Post
Is this the Moderna vaccine or Pfizer?
Moderna.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:00 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbraisted View Post
When you get your email appointment...how many days notice do they give you?
I received my email on the 14th and my appointment is the 24th.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.yotz View Post
I registered Monday but still no appointment on Thursday so I drove to the site and entered though the sign said appointment only. I was directed to a separate line where I told the person my problem. He gave me a sheet with an email address (SUMTERCOVID19@GMR.NET) to access. Went home and on the internet and, coincidentally, I had an email with my code! So, I never tried the email address he gave me and don't know if it will help, but good luck. Note that the address he gave me was surprisingly all CAPS.
Caps don't matter when typing in a website address. The website is a PDF file of FAQs. Here are the FAQs.

COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Current Eligibility: Sumter County / area residents age 65+, with US issued ID
Website to Register: Safe Restart
NOTE: Given overwhelming volume, at this time, we are not able to provide responses to
individual requests for registration verification. Registration verification is distributed
electronically to each individual after successful registration. We are working to quickly develop
a secure portal to allow this to occur.
Q: How is the order of scheduling appointments determined?
A: Access2Care can confirm that all appointments are distributed sequentially based on the
time stamp recorded at the time of registration. There are currently a high number of
scheduling codes that have been distributed that have not yet been actioned, it is
important for all to timely schedule their vaccination when access is made available.
Please be patient as we are accumulating mass registrations to be scheduled over the
coming months as additional lots of vaccines are released.
Q: How do I register for and schedule an appointment to receive a vaccination?
A: There are two steps involved in the process, registration and scheduling. 1. Click on the website above and select “Step 1” to register your information into the system. Once
successfully completed, you will receive a confirmation that your registration has been received.
2. When it is your turn to schedule an appointment, you will receive a second notification that includes a
personalized code. As more vaccine becomes available, we will continue to release appointments and
notify those registered to schedule their appointment. Please be patient.
3. Return to the same website, click “Step 2” and enter the personalized code you received. You will then
be prompted to complete the process and schedule an appointment.
Q: If vaccinations are free, why do I need to provide insurance and personal
information?
A: GMR / SafeRestart is not receiving any funding from local or state entities for this
mission. Insurance information is collected to allow the medical professionals
administering the vaccine to seek reimbursement and there is no out of pocket cost to
you. Additionally, we collect this information ahead of time to help improve the overall
safety and efficiency of the site, minimizing the amount of time you need to spend there.
Q: I received confirmation that I completed Step 1 (Registration) of the process.
When can I schedule a vaccination appointment?
A: When it is your turn, you will receive a second notification with a personalized code
allowing you to complete Step 2 of the process and schedule an appointment. Please be
patient and only register one time. Additional time slots will continuously be added as
we receive additional doses of the vaccine.
Q: Can I register for more than one person at a time?
A: Our goal is to provide the most efficient, stable and accessible scheduling platform for
area residents. Due to complexities involved, at this time registering more than one
person per scheduling session is not possible.
Q: I do not have access to a smartphone, tablet or computer. How can I register?
A: We strongly encourage users without access to the internet to enlist the help of friends
or family to register. Due to the number of people seeking vaccination, traditional means
of registration (phone etc.) simply are not feasible.
Q: How long after I register will I be able to schedule?
A: The number of appointments released and scheduled is dictated by the amount of
vaccine we have available to us from the State of Florida. As more vaccine is released,
we will release a corresponding number of appointments for scheduling.
Q: Am I able see where I am on the list of people waiting to be scheduled?
A: Due to complexities involved and the sheer number of people on the list, at this time we
are not able to provide this information in a widely available and secure format. Should
this change in the future, we will notify those waiting on to be scheduled.
Q: I went to your website, and I received a warning saying it is a “Suspicious
website.”
A: Please be sure you are entering only Safe Restart into the address bar
of your internet browser. If you enter “www.” or anything like this, you will receive a
warning showing this as “suspicious” or invalid.
Q: You are asking for a lot of personal information such as my Social Security
number, why?
A: GMR / SafeRestart is not receiving any funding other than insurance reimbursement for
vaccine administration. The information we collect is important so we may cover costs,
pay the medical team etc. The Social Security number field is not required, and
registration can be completed without providing it.
Q: What kind of safeguards are taken to secure the personal information I have
provided?
A: As a healthcare company Global Medical Response understands the importance of
security and has experience in protecting this type of data every day. To protect your
personal information from unauthorized access and use, SafeRestart was designed
using industry leading standards including security measures to secure and protect the
confidentiality, and integrity of your data.
Q: Will you be accepting any walk up’s / unscheduled people to receive a
vaccination?
A: At this time, we are not accepting walk up or unscheduled people for vaccination.
Should this change in the future, this will be communicated to the public.
Q: I am no longer able to attend my scheduled appointment. Can I transfer my
appointment to another person?
A: Unfortunately, this is not possible. Due to the highly individualized information provided
during the registration process, we are unable to simply transfer an appointment.
Q: I do not have a US issued ID, but am currently in the United States. Am I eligible
to receive a vaccination?
A: Individuals who do not have a US issued ID should contact their local county health
department for guidance on how to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Q: I am under 65 but have a high risk medical condition. Can I receive a vaccine?
A: The State of Florida has directed us to only administer vaccines to people 65 and older,
regardless of any medical history.
Q: The website keeps freezing at or after the insurance input page, stating that the
registration is failed. What should I do?
A: We’ve identified that this can occur when a single computer is being used to register
multiple people. This can be fixed by clearing your local cache between registrations.
This process varies depending on which internet browser you are using. Click here for a
guide to do this on each of the most popular browsers.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:31 AM

Mine came Friday
Old 01-16-2021, 01:23 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old 01-16-2021, 01:27 PM

They gave me options for shot #1 -- but shot #2 is merely 28 days later
Old 01-16-2021, 01:29 PM

When I got the message saying I was approved there was a 6 character alpha numeric code attached. I then had to go back into their website punch in my code and select date and time.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:38 PM

To KANSASR
A big thank you for that detailed msg on how to go through the Safe Restart process............really helped when we went this morning.
Plus, had to schedule our appointments 2 hours apart because I'm not too techie but they agreed to take us at the same time. Really simplified it. This is a class outfit running a very smooth operation.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsi911 View Post
I wonder why it is that some folks who registered on Tuesday got their shots before those of us that registered on Monday. It's been so long since I filled out the form. Did it ask for pre-existing conditions? I did get the email saying I was approved.
I contacted the main company directly by filling out a "Contact Us" form on their website.(see link below) I explained that I had applied on Monday, Jan 11th and received the email that stated I had successfully applied for the vaccine. That was the Step 1 part of the process. Then by Wednesday, Jan. 13th I had not received my second email to get my code to complete Step 2. People who applied AFTER me were receiving their codes. This is what I told the main company when I contacted them on their "Contact Us" page on their website.

I received an email within minutes from the main company stating I would be hearing from my local representative of Saferestart soon. One hour later, I got my email with the code so I could proceed to Step 2 and register for the vaccine. Coincidence????? I'll never know but within one hour of receiving my code to register, I was in a line at the vaccine location on 466, behind Fresh Market. Luckily, they had a time slot available THAT day. It got my first shot on Wed, Jan 13th.

This is the "Contact Us" page on the main company website.....

Contact | Access2Care

Last edited by coffeebean; 01-16-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
wait, direct, operation, people, woodridge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.