Toddler-Friendly Activities

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Question Toddler-Friendly Activities

Hi, my two year old son and I are going to come up from Tampa next week to The Villages to visit my parents that are snowbirding there. I'm trying to come up with some child friendly places that we can take my son.

I know of the park at Sumter Landing, are there are other parks in The Villages?

My mom seems to think that there is a pool that children can go in. Does anyone know where that is?

Does anyone have any suggestions for some places that a two year old would enjoy?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:57 PM

There is a childrens pool in Largo. very nice there.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

There are SEVERAL family pools. Here's a map. Just find the one closest to where your parents live. Your parents should get Free guests passes for you or you can get them when you arrive. You'll need the passes to use the pools. Sports pools are for lap swimming and exercise classes. Neighborhood pools have an age requirement. So look at the Family pools...marked as FP on the map. There are also several parks noted on the map and there is a childrens playground. Have fun.
You can also bring your son to any of the three town squares in the evening(5-9pm live music) Kids seem to LOVE dancing around to the music.
Maybe the boat ride on Lake Sumter. I think it costs $2.
http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...ges/RecMap.pdf
Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RykerJ View Post
There is a childrens pool in Largo. very nice there.
Thank you! For a minute I thought you meant the Largo in Pinellas County. I thought that might be a bit of a drive.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayschic View Post
There are SEVERAL family pools. Here's a map. Just find the one closest to where your parents live. Your parents should get Free guests passes for you or you can get them when you arrive. You'll need the passes to use the pools. Sports pools are for lap swimming and exercise classes. Neighborhood pools have an age requirement. So look at the Family pools...marked as FP on the map. There are also several parks noted on the map and there is a childrens playground. Have fun.
You can also bring your son to any of the three town squares in the evening(5-9pm live music) Kids seem to LOVE dancing around to the music.
Thank you! And yes, he will love to dance.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM

We took our 19 mo. Old granddaughter to Uncle Donald's Farm which is on 466 or 441. She loved it. Got to feed baby goats with a bottle. Rode the hay Eagan and fed the cows handfuls of hay. Lots of animals to pet. We also went to Hommosassa Wildlife Park which was further away but they had many animals and a hippo. She loved that place also.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
We took our 19 mo. Old granddaughter to Uncle Donald's Farm which is on 466 or 441. She loved it. Got to feed baby goats with a bottle. Rode the hay Eagan and fed the cows handfuls of hay. Lots of animals to pet. We also went to Hommosassa Wildlife Park which was further away but they had many animals and a hippo. She loved that place also.
Oh, he will absolutely love that!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Give him golf cart rides. If he's like my grandson, he'll want that more than anything else you can offer him. Heck, he'll even give up Spongebob for the "dolf cawt" (he's 3).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM

I wouldn't let my 19 mo. Old granddaughter or 17 mo. Old grandson within 10 ft. Of a golf cart. Let's think about safety please.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
I wouldn't let my 19 mo. Old granddaughter or 17 mo. Old grandson within 10 ft. Of a golf cart. Let's think about safety please.
When Aaron's in the cart, we drive slowly, he sits in the middle and an adult always has an arm around him. I'd say he is a safe in the cart as he is in any moving vehicle. Sorry, don't get the point of your post.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-28-2013, 06:35 PM

We took our granddaughter to Pyramid Park on Guava Street in Lady Lake. It is behind the library. Lots of fun climbing equipment, toddler swings and a pretend railroad train. Scarlett had a wonderful time and it let her burn off some energy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.