114 new COVID cases in Marion County portion of The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2021, 09:53 AM
Veteran member
Default 114 new COVID cases in Marion County portion of The Villages?

According to today’s online paper there were 174 new COVID cases in The Villages reported yesterday. Since there were only 41 new cases in all of Sumter County, I pulled up the paper’s report from the day before and the difference in Marion County alone was 114 cases in the Villages.

There aren’t all that many Marion county Village houses. Is there an assisted living place up there having an outbreak?
Old 01-23-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
According to today’s online paper there were 174 new COVID cases in The Villages reported yesterday. Since there were only 41 new cases in all of Sumter County, I pulled up the paper’s report from the day before and the difference in Marion County alone was 114 cases in the Villages.

There aren’t all that many Marion county Village houses. Is there an assisted living place up there having an outbreak?
Besides the possibility of Death & The Villages, what do they have in common? Has the Tracking Program been terminated?
Old 01-23-2021, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,608 Times in 1,340 Posts

Online paper, may be the first clue, a outlet that is not a fan of TV...But, Did they list if they were wearing masks?
Try an official site, for a better perspective
Old 01-23-2021, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,516 Posts

Quote:

At least 10,000 plus with new additions?
Old 01-23-2021, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Online paper, may be the first clue, a outlet that is not a fan of TV...But, Did they list if they were wearing masks?
Try an official site, for a better perspective
Agree, the online n-ws try to make it would that they are all in villages. You have to comprehend the wording in sentence very carefully?
Old 01-23-2021, 07:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
At least 10,000 plus with new additions?
The buildout is in south Sumter not Marion. Plus, these may very well be cases or reclassified cases going back weeks and not current.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Agree, the online n-ws try to make it would that they are all in villages. You have to comprehend the wording in sentence very carefully?
They get their data directly from the Florida Department of Health and these are the numbers DOH is reporting. Don't shoot the messenger!

Home | Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak
Old 01-24-2021, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

Personally I take everything I read with two grains of salt. Of course none of these cases are from cured people and that's really what you have to understand, how many people today actively have the virus, of course if you don't stay indoors and you know where I'm at then you're going to probably get sick eventually
Old 01-24-2021, 07:35 AM

Geesh. A case IS NOT death. A case may not even mean symptoms.

Stop freaking out and living in FEAR
Old 01-24-2021, 07:54 AM

There will be a lot more cases stemming from the villages sponsored winter social league,craft fairs and other large functions that they sponsor.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:56 AM
Default You should look up area code 32162

Quote:

As another poster mentioned you can look up cases by area code. 32162 is for the villages in Marion County. CDD4 encompasses the homes up here and there are about 5,000 rooftops (homes) in CDD4.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:35 AM

I don’t understand why more positive COVID results is always a bad thing? When my sister called me and told me she tested positive - I was envious. She had no symptoms (in her 60s, watches what she eats and stays very active) ....then, when she called and told me her test came back positive for antibodies - again, I was envious. Her family (husband and son - home from college) also tested positive - no symptoms. I realize there are people who are vulnerable and a positive test result may be a very bad thing - a death sentence - and, yes, I have personally experienced similar loss. In Nov 2009 - in the middle of H1N1 outbreak - my mom - suffering from something else quickly passed when her system was stressed by H1N1 - but her death certificate did not list H1N1 as the cause of her death - death was due to heart failure. Today, maybe because of politics - there is a spotlight on Covid - when, in fact, battling viruses has always been (and will continue to be) a fight for many. I am more worried about the viruses I was exposed to decades ago..... sure testing positive w/Covid - can be scary and may result in some serious conditions (and death) - but for MANY/MOST - there are no or very slight symptoms. There are many viruses that are out there (may already be a threat to you & those you love) that will *never go away once you are diagnosed with them*! Those are the ones I fear. Take care of yourself - do not indulge, take care of the body you have been blessed with, take precautions to avoid threats from all type of viruses that have always been out there (and will always be out there). If I had a choice of a virus to get - believe me - Covid would be at the top of my list. I’d trade an hiv, hpv, hsv positive —— any day for a Covid positive!
Old 01-24-2021, 09:08 AM

Let the natural selection continue
Old 01-24-2021, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:

Nothing new. We are in a state of panic. Rumors take on a life of their own. It is normal.

In terms of valid statistics, number of cases compared to whatever time we choose to put in. The statistics have yet to be properly collected and likely never will be.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky1 View Post
Let the natural selection continue
I prefer to have a positive outlook on this. None of us know when the clock will stop ticking, nor what will cause that to happen. I prefer to enjoy the time remaining, regardless. One does not tempt fate except at their own peril, but by taking common sense precautions, we do not have to be relegated to the dungeons of our own home till our time is up.
Closed Thread

Tags
cases, county, villages, marion, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.