Toll ? MCO to Brownwood?

Old 03-13-2024, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrnnr View Post
Coming down for our second LSV next week and this time I want to use the Turnpike with a rental.

I am going to get one of those non transponder prepaid Sun Passes.

Can someone tell me the Toll cost from MCO to Brownwood, and maby what exit that is?

We may want to travel around more this time also so I am wondering how much I should prepay. I was thinking about $50

Does that seem about right?

No Idea what the tolls are in that area and how many?

Thanks,

Tim
Do you have an EZPass? They now work on Florida Toll Roads.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:14 PM

Don’t think this is true. Use my own SunPass or EZPass in rental cars all the time with no issue. I think the pass takes priority over toll by plate.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Coming down for our second LSV next week and this time I want to use the Turnpike with a rental.

I am going to get one of those non transponder prepaid Sun Passes.

Can someone tell me the Toll cost from MCO to Brownwood, and maby what exit that is?

We may want to travel around more this time also so I am wondering how much I should prepay. I was thinking about $50

Does that seem about right?

No Idea what the tolls are in that area and how many?

Thanks,

Tim
Are you flying in and out of MCO? If so you can get a Visitors Toll Pass. You pick it up at the airport and drop it when you fly out. You get discounted rates. My trip usually costs me around $10.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:51 AM
Default Rental Car Transponder

My husband rented a car just to go to the airport out of Leesburg as I was unable to drive him. We mentioned to the rental company when they offered us the transponder option that we have our own transponder that we will use in the vehicle. They told us that if we do go on a toll highway that their transponder is built into the vehicle and it will pick up and we would be charged probably twice if we had two transponders in the vehicle. I asked if they could put theirs in a faraday bag and they said no.
So I would definitely speak to your rental company to make sure what your options are.

Quote:
OK Thanks

I just went on the Sun Pass web site and it looks like you can't even sign up with out a Lic Plate.

Since I won't have that till I get the rental not sure what to do now.

Are all the toll stations Cashless?
Old 03-14-2024, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFISHER54 View Post
Do you have an EZPass? They now work on Florida Toll Roads.
They work in every state from NY to Florida too except SC. For some reason SC doesn't accept them.... yet.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
If you are coming from MCO, get the Visitor Toll Pass at the airport. You rent it for $10 but that is refunded when you return it so there is no cost for the transponder - you only pay for the tolls. A friend of mine used it and said it was real easy. And much cheaper than buying the rental car toll pass!!!!

Visitor Toll Pass - Welcome

If you are going to Brownwood, you would exit at Wildwood 301 (or if you wanted to see the new area under construction, you would exit at 296 route 470) and take SR 44 to Brownwood - about a mile.

I did the numbers and it is $6.15 each way - if I did it right.

SunPass Toll Calculator
My wife and I travel to Orlando (Curry Ford Rd) every 5 weeks because she found a hair dresser she loves. We get on the turnpike at 470 to 408 and get off there at Conway. Round trip is just under $12 so the $6.15 or from to the airport sounds right.

Tags
mco, time, toll, brownwood, travel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.