Tornadoes in Floria

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Tornadoes in Floria

I am waiting for the really hot weather that everyone talks about. I want to compare it to another place we almost moved to ...Charleston, SC. We went there in July and it was 98 degrees and 99% humidity, talk about oppressive. Yes, they have air conditioning but that's inside, outside even with a breeze is is sooooo hot.
We also visited TV in July, and yes, it was hot, but not like the low country in SC where you can't get a breath it is so bad.
Right now I would say the weather is glorious, warm days cool nights, a few days of humidity, some rain and thunder and back to warm and cool. I am loving it to pieces. 040 040
Old 05-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

Whether it rains, whether it shines, we gotta have weather, whether or not....
Old 05-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Sage

I've posted this site before:
Try this site: http://www.tornadohistoryproject.com...=basic&p=1&s=1

It shows that the largest tornado in FLA has been an F2. I think the groundhog event last year was reclassified as an eF3 through Lake County - probably eF2 through Sumter. God forbid we ever see an eF5 anywhere near central FLA. You'll notice that the Villages area is not particularly prone at least not from 1950-2006.

This activity may coincide with the 'dry line' that runs north of Orlando that was mentioned in a previous post about 'Fact or Fiction' - (just my non scientific observation).
Old 05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Russ, well that's comforting to know at least historically TV is not a tornado zone
(excepting groundhog day)
Old 05-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Gold member

After you live here for a few years and your blood gets thinner, you start to feel the cold during a Winter that lasts about 2 weeks and the temps get down to 40-50's at night. Then you go looking for your earmuffs when you head out to golf course in the AM. Fortunately by afternoon it warms up.

It gets hot and humid during the dog days of Summer and you can expect afternoon showers. By evening it's pleasant and the old folks rise from their naps, start Happy Hour and come out to play 9 holes of evening golf. What a life. Should have done this much sooner.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Gold member

Yes, there are tornadoes in the area, though it's nothing like Tornado Alley in the Midwest. On the other hand, I understand that Florida is the lightning capital of the country. And as far as cold is concerned, we left TV in January to head to South America, and it was 37 degrees that day; it dropped to below freezing by the following day. Yes, Florida does have weather....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.