Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2020, 09:31 AM

Windows including slider $2800.00
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-02-2020, 11:32 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

There is a beautiful villa down the street just came on the market by owner. Not a redo( you don’t want to do that, it is a nightmare if you have to hire everyone out trust me) plus, the view is gorgeous and neighbors are great !
Old 01-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Default Update villa

Rather than go through the rehab. I would recommend buying one that has everything redone. You can find them new or in the older sections. If you are using a realtor to search tell them your requirements as far as refignments.
I sold our updated courtyard villa with all cramic floors, new kitchen and bathroom cabinets that i installed myself. Had granite countertops put in by a company in leesburg. Put in all new windows and slidind doors. Put in the crown molding myself. All new ceiling fans. Paint inside and out,etc,etc,etc.
You get the picture.
House sold for market price and competitive with others with less refinement.
Bottom line you can find what you want without going through all the time i spent redoing things.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
Windows including slider $2800.00
Thank you! Is that double pane? And may I ask who did it?
Old 01-02-2020, 05:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursecasemanager View Post
We have a courtyard villa in The Village of Hadley for sale if you would be interested. Nothing to fix up. Mint condition. If interested, please call (716) 998-9479. Thank you.
Thank you, but I want to stay near Spanish Springs.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:09 PM

In our patio villa within past three years, replaced hot water heater thru gas company. Was done next day and they just add 11 dollars a month to your already cheap Bill with no interest. AC thru Munn’s was 4800. Appliances are all over the place depending on your taste. Power washing exterior is 50.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:10 PM

Mepoole, what price is your patio villa?
Old 01-03-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Thank you! Is that double pane? And may I ask who did it?
Yes, double pane. Romac did them but I would not recommend them. The whole project was so messed up that the owner gave me a 1/3 off and a personal apology.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-03-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I live in an 8 year old CYV and my next door neighbor did the same thing last year. His wife passed away and his daughter lives right outside the back gate in our CYV community in a designer home. So he sold his designer home and bought a 2BR 2BA masonry CYV in March 2018 for $213K. It had no improvements made inside, but did have a beautiful $10K landscaping job by Mansfield.

The first two months he didn't even move in, he was having the flooring replaced with wood looking tile. In fact they set up the saw in the garage, that took about a week. He had all new kitchen cabinets, stainless steel appliances, both bathrooms gutted and redone, especially the master where they had those fiberglass shower inserts, those are terrible. He eventually moved in, he had the lanai enclosed, a SunSetter Awning in the back, new A/C and A/C added to the enclosed lanai, everything but windows was replaced. He had Doc's Restoration do a lot of the work. I think he spent about $40K. He's about even having paid $213K and added $40K, because 2BR Masonry Villas are now going for $250K in our area, his would be sold first.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Thank you, but I want to stay near Spanish Springs.
You are not alone in the way you are thinking about things. I prefer taking a shell that is in good shape and going the full route to put the home exactly as I want it. It probably is close to equal money wise to buy a home already done but since the next home will be the last home I will probably try the route you are thinking about. It depends on our physical condition at the time. I will not be doing any of the work, that ship has sailed but it's still a lot to rehab a house that's in rough shape. Good Luck.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I live in an 8 year old CYV and my next door neighbor did the same thing last year. His wife passed away and his daughter lives right outside the back gate in our CYV community in a designer home. So he sold his designer home and bought a 2BR 2BA masonry CYV in March 2018 for $213K. It had no improvements made inside, but did have a beautiful $10K landscaping job by Mansfield.

The first two months he didn't even move in, he was having the flooring replaced with wood looking tile. In fact they set up the saw in the garage, that took about a week. He had all new kitchen cabinets, stainless steel appliances, both bathrooms gutted and redone, especially the master
where they had those fiberglass shower inserts, those are terrible. He eventually moved in, he had the lanai enclosed, a SunSetter Awning in the back, new A/C and A/C added to the enclosed lanai, everything but windows was replaced. He had Doc's Restoration do a lot of the work. I think he spent about $40K. He's about even having paid $213K and added $40K, because 2BR Masonry Villas are now going for $250K in our area, his would be sold first.
Thanks! That is a lot of good information.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You are not alone in the way you are thinking about things. I prefer taking a shell that is in good shape and going the full route to put the home exactly as I want it. It probably is close to equal money wise to buy a home already done but since the next home will be the last home I will probably try the route you are thinking about. It depends on our physical condition at the time. I will not be doing any of the work, that ship has sailed but it's still a lot to rehab a house that's in rough shape. Good Luck.
Exactly how I feel, In fact, I have already picked out new floor coverings. One thing for certain, NO grout lines.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Default Patio villa

I have one for long term rental that will be available April. You might consider that prior to purchasing. If interested email me and we can discuss
Old 01-04-2020, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

Thanks, but I want to buy.

Tags
villa, patio, windows, shopping, bathroom, kitchen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.