TOTV MEMBERS GET TOGETHERS

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default TOTV MEMBERS GET TOGETHERS

It seems that there are members who want to meet up with members at one time or another. How about setting a time and place and have a get together at some restaurant once a month or the like? The short birthday meeting we had on the spur of the moment was just a few but such a great time was had by all and I'm sure by now, we could manage many more attendees. What say? Who's game?

barb1191

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: TOTV MEMBERS GET TOGETHERS

Barb..

That is a great idea! I am not there yet but when I am I could meet with all of you..The Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 12-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191
It seems that there are members who want to meet up with members at one time or another. How about setting a time and place and have a get together at some restaurant once a month or the like? barb1191
Barb, good idea! :bigthumbsup:
Most Clubs seem to meet once monthly at a specific time. I hereby propose that the TOTV Chat Pack 024 meet for lunch at 1 PM on the 3rd Friday each month at Crispers in Southern Trace Plaza. It has both outdoor and indoor seating and is moderately priced. We could have our first Chat Pack lunch January 18, 2008. ;D Understand not everyone could be available every month, but it would be a start.

Whatdayathink?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

And what's wrong with meeting on the historical side? ;D We do have some very good restaurants that certainly could use the business.

We do need to make sure that whatever restaurant is chosen would be amenable to a larger-than-normal group meeting there monthly. Some restaurants really aren't geared towards this type of thing. Some have back rooms just for it.

Get the feeling I'm assuming this get together is a given and will happen?

Wonder if we could get one of the rec centers to let us meet there? Why do I think that ain't gonna happen?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Dancing Thyme

Barefoot, I think that's a great idea. Let's plan on it. 040 040

Won't be able to make the 1st meeting :'( :'(

will definitely strive to attend in Feb. :bigthumbsup: 040

Based on the size of members we had in attendance in November,

Crispers should be fine. Maybe we can even get Tal to attend!!! 040

Red, I'll bring the chocolate cake!!! evil6 evil6 Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Sage

YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! 040 Love the idea. Ill be at the February get together for sure. So excited cant wait, :hot:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Dancing Thyme

whatdayathink about combining it as a monthly birthday party for all those who are having a birthday that month.

We did have so much fun celebrating Red's birthday in November, even though I put her in the hospital.... but she still had fun, right Red.... : :

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 12-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Luv the idea. THIS IS A GREATTTTTTTTT THING.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Dancing Thyme

Maybe if we all posts our birthdays on the TOTV calendar, we'd know whose birthday to celebrate each month (not our age, just the date!!)

Barefoot, should we also post the get together dates on the calendar as well? This way we could all shoot for those dates to be in TV? Whatdayathink???

Kath

Old 12-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Veteran member

Pencils in date on the calander. :bigthumbsup: :hot:
Old 12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Dancing Thyme

Eddie, did you pencil in your birthday or the meetings???

Thanks for helping Red yesterday. That was very nice. Kath

Old 12-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
Eddie, did you pencil in your birthday or the meetings???

Thanks for helping Red yesterday. That was very nice. Kath
I penciled the get togethers on my home calender,and my bday is already on the TOTV calender.
Was my pleasure to help Red. ;D
Old 12-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
Maybe if we all posts our birthdays on the TOTV calendar, we'd know whose birthday to celebrate each month (not our age, just the date!!)
Barefoot, should we also post the get together dates on the calendar as well? This way we could all shoot for those dates to be in TV? Whatdayathink??? Kath
Kath, you are right that turnout may not be large at first, (based on our last two coffee dates). So Crispers should work for Chat Pack meetings. 024 (love that smilie). Crispers seems to have quite a bit of seating inside and out. If we do it at 1 PM the lunch crowd should have dissipated. It is on 466 which should be fairly central for the southern and northern folks.

Kath, yes, by all means, you should post the get-together dates on the calendar. Great idea. I didn't even know there was a TOTV calendar which is strange as I've spent 5 days and 8 hours on this website (I hate to even think about all the productive things I could have achieved in that time!!)
Celebrating birthdays, I don't do that anymore, I just celebrate every day that I'm glad to be alive. 040 But sure, if people want to post their birthdays, why not?

Looking forward to meeting new friends on January 18 and saying hi to people I've met. Kathie, Nonie and Donna, I miss you all, see you in February! ;D ;D
Old 12-20-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Kath, you are right that turnout may not be large at first, (based on our last two coffee dates). So Crispers should work for Chat Pack meetings. 024 (love that smilie). Crispers seems to have quite a bit of seating inside and out. If we do it at 1 PM the lunch crowd should have dissipated. It is on 466 which should be fairly central for the southern and northern folks.

Kath, yes, by all means, you should post the get-together dates on the calendar. Great idea. I didn't even know there was a TOTV calendar which is strange as I've spent 5 days and 8 hours on this website (I hate to even think about all the productive things I could have achieved in that time!!)
Celebrating birthdays, I don't do that anymore, I just celebrate every day that I'm glad to be alive. 040 But sure, if people want to post their birthdays, why not?

Looking forward to meeting new friends on January 18 and saying hi to people I've met. Kathie, Nonie and Donna, I miss you all, see you in February! ;D ;D

I wont be there in January but moving in February - would like to join in if that's okay
Old 12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Dancing Thyme

Good idea Barefoot. If the crowd gets bigger than we'll look for another place. But at first, Crisper's is a good starting joint. Since we know that Tal goes to Crispers, maybe we could convince him to come along.!!!!

I tried to post the first meeting on the calendar, but wasn't sure I was doing it correctly, so if anyone knows the correct way, I'd love to have some suggestions. Know what you mean about spending too much time on this puter. all my chores are so backlogged. Thanks goodness I'm retired, or I'd get fired...

Wish I could be there in Jan., but looks more and more like Feb, is do-able. See you then, Love Kath

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.