Classified ads

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts
Exclamation Classified ads

Admin:
I saw your posting about some problems with a security update, and the comments about classified ads now showing up as new messages.

I am still getting new messages for classified items, and earlier this morning I toggled the show/hide classified button, but the ads are still showing up.

Can you provide an update when you expect to have this fixed? Thank you.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Admin:
I saw your posting about some problems with a security update, and the comments about classified ads now showing up as new messages.

I am still getting new messages for classified items, and earlier this morning I toggled the show/hide classified button, but the ads are still showing up.

A little off subject but a similar topic. Perhaps your Moderators should start deleting Items for Sale and Items wanted to buy from the regular forum pages. I have elected not to see the Classifieds when I sign in to TOTV but find it most distressing to have to bypass so many ads that have not been properly directed to the classified section. You sure don't allow political posts on the regular forum so why should you allow Ads to be posted anyplace but the Classified pages. At least half the posts I went through today were Wanted to Buy and Items for sale that are posted in the wrong place.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Admin:

This^^^^

Clean it up, please. The classifieds are pushing out the other threads. It's ridiculous the way it is now.

TIA
Old 10-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
A little off subject but a similar topic. Perhaps your Moderators should start deleting Items for Sale and Items wanted to buy from the regular forum pages. I have elected not to see the Classifieds when I sign in to TOTV but find it most distressing to have to bypass so many ads that have not been properly directed to the classified section. You sure don't allow political posts on the regular forum so why should you allow Ads to be posted anyplace but the Classified pages. At least half the posts I went through today were Wanted to Buy and Items for sale that are posted in the wrong place.
Or maybe you can just get rid of the classifieds all together. Posters don't leave a contact number and don't respond to PM's anyway, so why bother posting?

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Or maybe you can just get rid of the classifieds all together. Posters don't leave a contact number and don't respond to PM's anyway, so why bother posting?

///
Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

If you cant fix it stop the classified adds. It is a waste
Old 10-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

While I personally don't look at the classifieds or use them, it is obviously important to some folks...so why remove it?

If someone goes through the effort of posting an ad and leaving a phone number for a $5 item...my initial thought is that they could use the money.

So why not let them continue to have an avenue to do such...since we always have the choice to ignore it?
Old 10-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post

You have to log in to the classified ad section to see the persons phone number (I had to log out then log back in). On the right hand side of the page they have 2 boxes. One says "Show contact number," that is where you will find the phone number if the seller has posted it.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Admin:
Tried toggling the classified ads button again today, still not working, cao you provide an update for all of the viewers. This is getting annoying having to scan through the ads to see the new posts.
Thank you, VT
Old 10-13-2016, 11:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
You have to log in to the classified ad section to see the persons phone number (I had to log out then log back in). On the right hand side of the page they have 2 boxes. One says "Show contact number," that is where you will find the phone number if the seller has posted it.
Key word: IF...

Closed Thread

Tags
classified, ads, showing, update, messages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.