TOTV's Value

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile TOTV's Value

A few weeks ago some TOTV's readers wrote in, in response to question that AOL should not be charging. I was being charged, paid little attention to the
charges on my CC so decided to follow up on their advise. Found the 14.95 monthly charge was for things I would never use, (e.g. Mafee Virus which I already had, technical support which I already had from another company, insurance of $750 if the Laptop needed technical support, etc. etc.). As a result of the reader input I cancelled the "paid service" from AOL and of course still OK for all the free service.
I think this is great illustration of the value of TOTV's. Not just sharing ideas,
debating some serious issues, etcc. but some pretty darn good valuable advise. To those who sent in remarks on this subject..THANKS..
Old 01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Sage

Nice positive post for TOTV members. I don't think I responded to that thread but I'm glad others did.

I have found great comfort in knowing that so many of TOTV members are there to help if asked. I have gleaned many suggestions/advice that have saved me money and heartache. I personally think this site is very valueable for so many reasons including establishing friendships not to mention for bringing needed humor.

I don't think you can put a pricetag on going into a new adventure like retiring to TV without the information everyone shares on this site. It's priceless.

To me, it is another form of google in that you can ask a question and get an answer with a few keystrokes only more personal. They say experience is the best teacher but wisdom is learning from others experience.

Thank you for posting this positive experience.

TOTV ROCKS!!!!!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Sage

Good feedback, Penn - thanks for posting it!

Bill
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am so glad to hear it Penn. Good for you!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Sage

Hi PennBF,
Thanks for your wonderful post. I so agree with you and 2BNTV.

I love the TOTV family!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Ssssshhhhhhhhh they'll start charging us for TOTV.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Ssssshhhhhhhhh they'll start charging us for TOTV.
Wouldn't that be awful. But a thousand TOTV'ers would pay right up.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default SPOTD Award

And you do get the Swimdawg Post of the Day Award! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
A few weeks ago some TOTV's readers wrote in, in response to question that AOL should not be charging. I was being charged, paid little attention to the
charges on my CC so decided to follow up on their advise. Found the 14.95 monthly charge was for things I would never use, (e.g. Mafee Virus which I already had, technical support which I already had from another company, insurance of $750 if the Laptop needed technical support, etc. etc.). As a result of the reader input I cancelled the "paid service" from AOL and of course still OK for all the free service.
I think this is great illustration of the value of TOTV's. Not just sharing ideas,
debating some serious issues, etcc. but some pretty darn good valuable advise. To those who sent in remarks on this subject..THANKS..
Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Wouldn't that be awful. But a thousand TOTV'ers would pay right up.
Don't give the Administration any ideas. And yes, many would pay a fee for the use of TOTV but one of the great parts of the Village's experience is ...so many things are free. If you take away the free TOTV, free golf, free entertainment in squares, free use of pool etc. than TV would take a big hit.

FREE is one of those four letter words that are nice to the ears.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Absolutely agree. While we have only been in TV for a short time, TOTV has been an invaluable aid in helping us get settled. I can't even begin to list ALL of the great info we have gotten from this board--where to get out drivers licenses, license plates, who to use for cable, internet, phone, which doctors are recommended, which service providers (painting, tile, landscaping, etc.), best pl;aces to dine, what type of cart to buy, recommended entertainment, etc., etc. The list is endless. Thanks for all the posters on TOTV who have made our transition to life in TV a wonderful experience!

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 01-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I couldn't agree MORE

I might add that all of the above posters are the BIG contributors to TOTV being an informative Village connection....Thank you all
Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 AM
Sage

TOTV is invaluable for technical and housing advice, no question. But for me, since 2007, the very best thing about TOTV is the lifelong friendships I've made. I've even had TOTV friends travel to Canada in the summer to visit us!

TOTV friendships have enriched my life.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Thanks for all the feedback and we are glad everyone enjoys the site! We have no intentions on charging!!

The site it supported by the advertisers you see on here, all we ask is to consider them for your next purchases/services which in turn supports the site!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.