Town square music too loud

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Platinum member
Question How loud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If one's ears are ringing upon leaving a "music" venue, one has lost some hearing due to the high decibels experienced whether it was a pleasurable experience or not. Was it worth it?
I damaged my hearing while doing a lot of shooting when I was young, in the days before they realized that shooting without ear protection permanently damaged your hearing.

At my advanced age, and with my diminished hearing ability, I still hear better than my son who attended Rock Concerts when he was younger.

-------------------

Several years ago I operated the sound board in a 5,000 seat church. One day I was approached by a church member who complemented me on the sound. He said that he could hear everything only on days when I ran the board. That's when I realized that this elderly hard-of-hearing member heard things well because I was running the board too loudly so that I could hear everything.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
If one's ears are ringing upon leaving a "music" venue, one has lost some hearing due to the high decibels experienced whether it was a pleasurable experience or not. Was it worth it?
No.

Now where are you talking about because it certainly can't be TV squares.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:49 AM

What? LOL.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

I agree that the music is now too loud. The volume seems t o have been raised. I enjoy loud music, but not to the point where you can't hear people around you. I disagree that the square is for just dancing and music. It is a place to socialize and enjoy neighbor's and friends company also. Last few times at Sumter, in particular, the music was overly loud and screechy for some reason.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:04 AM

It is funny watching people scream at each other while the music is playing. Yea, this is the place to have conversations. Actually, it is rude behavior. Do you also talk at a concert. (Try that and someone will correct you quickly.)Many of these musicians are giving a performance and to see the back of peoples heads blabbing to others is not right.

Play it louder so I can't hear the blabbing.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
it is funny watching people scream at each other while the music is playing. Yea, this is the place to have conversations. Actually, it is rude behavior. Do you also talk at a concert. (try that and someone will correct you quickly.)many of these musicians are giving a performance and to see the back of peoples heads blabbing to others is not right.

Play it louder so i can't hear the blabbing.
amen.......
Old 09-21-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
It is funny watching people scream at each other while the music is playing. Yea, this is the place to have conversations. Actually, it is rude behavior. Do you also talk at a concert. (Try that and someone will correct you quickly.)Many of these musicians are giving a performance and to see the back of peoples heads blabbing to others is not right.

Play it louder so I can't hear the blabbing.
I agree, it is quite rude, especially those who feel compelled to shout across two or three people. Go to the edge of the square if you have to blab.

I do wish the would turn down the volume during the canned intermission music. Let people talk during intermission.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
amen.......
Two thumbs up from me Amen
Old 09-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Eternal Member

Reading this thread reminds me of people who complain about the airplane noise when they move close to an airport.
Or they buy a house in The Villages near the pickleball court and now want play times adjusted because it's too loud for them.
Been here over 17 years. They have always played loud music. When people move here, that's one of the first things they find out.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:03 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
You can do whatever you like, but I,
and a whole lot of people feel it is worth it!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
I agree that the music is now too loud. The volume seems t o have been raised. I enjoy loud music, but not to the point where you can't hear people around you. I disagree that the square is for just dancing and music. It is a place to socialize and enjoy neighbor's and friends company also. Last few times at Sumter, in particular, the music was overly loud and screechy for some reason.
But, it's an outdoor concert venue with amplified music.
And therefore you can either not go,
or move further away from the speakers.
You want to gab with a bunch of friends pick a quieter place!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
It is a place to socialize and enjoy neighbor's and friends company also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
Go to the edge of the square if you have to blab.
Loud music in the squares isn't much of a problem, really.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:17 PM

I'm heading back to TV in early October, and can't wait to get to the squares in the evenings. Loudness has never even been a concern of mine, and fortunately it drowns out my singing also (fortunately for everyone else also). Squares in the evenings and golf during the days (hopefully the courses will all be opened by then) is the reason I bought in TV. Just about every night I can find a good band at one of the squares that I can dance and enjoy. Uncle Bob's Rock Shop at the top of the list, but there are plenty of others.
Keep on Rocking in TV!
Old 09-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Veteran member

Old community. majority have hearing issues. I am one
Closed Thread

Tags
loud, town, music, husband, squares

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.