Which town square is your favorite?

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2018, 06:18 AM
Default What is the best Square in town?

I would say depend on what event take place at the Square.
For The Villages parades as Octoberfek parade I would choice Spanish Spring Town Square. When I have visitors I showing them around Lake Sumter Landing Market Square. Brown wood Paddock Square has bench seats, good view to watch the performances of The Villages group on special event as The Villages Christmas Tree Lighting.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:47 AM
Default Favorite Square

Although I like all three, Lake Sumter is our favorite. We like walking the paths around the perimeter and the boardwalk along the lake. Do wish they all had the bleacher stands for seating, but don't think it goes well with the ambiance at Sumter or Spanish Springs.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Default Brownwood Fav

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Which town square is your favorite ? Why ? Which Square has the best hometown feel ? How would you improve your favorite square ?
I like Brownwood because of the roof-covered bleacher seating and the panoramic view of the stage and the view of the entire dance area. Parking is never a problem for me and I don't have to deal with roundabouts to get to the square. However, I will go to the square that offers the best entertainment. Improvements: The lines for beverages is quite long during happy hour so faster more efficient service would be an improvement. Extend the happy hour longer like SS and LSS. Change the entertainment hours from 5 to 9 to 6 to 10 at least during the Summer season, but there is probably some kind of ordinance against that.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Does anyone know WHY happy hour at SS is double trouble ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS is in Lake county and therefore has different regulations than Sumter county.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:05 AM

Favorite is Lake Sumter. Sometimes way too crowded though. Wish cars were not permitted around the square during evenings.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Lake Sumter Landing...hands down.
I agree. The lake and boardwalk make it no contest.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
square, favorite, town, feel, improve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.