Toyota service

Old 01-31-2024, 09:52 PM
Default Toyota service

Looking for recommendations for where to have Toyota SUV serviced. ☺️ Doesn’t really need to be a Toyota dealer I’m just looking for somewhere honest 🤷🏻*♀️ Not trying to take advantage of a clueless person. At home I know exactly where to go for service but I really don’t know who is honest in TV area. Thanks for any help/advice
Old 01-31-2024, 10:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,252 Posts

Wildwood Tire, I have been using them for 10 years, great honest service.
Old 02-01-2024, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Flyfisher View Post
Looking for recommendations for where to have Toyota SUV serviced. ☺️ Doesn’t really need to be a Toyota dealer I’m just looking for somewhere honest 🤷🏻*♀️ Not trying to take advantage of a clueless person. At home I know exactly where to go for service but I really don’t know who is honest in TV area. Thanks for any help/advice
Sumter Tire and Auto. Main street (301) in Wildwood. There are two locations, one east of 301 and one west. I go to the one on the west side right next to Hungry Howies pizza. My wife has a 96 Avalon. They have done both oil changes and repairs (front breaks and new front axles). I'm very happy with them. Repair prices were much lower than the estimates I got from a Toyota dealer.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
Sumter Tire and Auto. Main street (301) in Wildwood. There are two locations, one east of 301 and one west. I go to the one on the west side right next to Hungry Howies pizza. My wife has a 96 Avalon. They have done both oil changes and repairs (front breaks and new front axles). I'm very happy with them. Repair prices were much lower than the estimates I got from a Toyota dealer.
Same for me. I take my 2022 Tacoma to them for service. Good peeps.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,392 Times in 2,069 Posts

You will find recommendations for Wildwood Tire and Sumter Tire & Auto in several threads.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-01-2024, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
You will find recommendations for Wildwood Tire and Sumter Tire & Auto in several threads.
These guys are great.

My son went there with his Toyota to have them check his brake pads.
They jack up his car, remove a couple wheels, checked the brakes and said their good for now and never charged him.

Who does that in todays world??
Old 02-01-2024, 08:58 AM

I have used Accurso Automobile Repair on 466 near 301 many times. Dealt with Jason the owner. Very good service. Requested a brake job once when they were performing another service and they showed me where both front and back were still good to go. With over a 100k miles on the car, many shops would have performed the brake job without checking.
Old 02-02-2024, 06:31 AM

Sumter Tire and Auto is outstanding, I called them on a Saturday because my AC did not work, they had me bring the car in that same day and fixed it.
Old 02-02-2024, 06:47 AM
Default Go to Expert Auto in Leesburg and talk to George, the owner, honest and fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Flyfisher View Post
Go to Expert Auto in Leesburg and see George the owner. I’ve been dealing with him for 3 years and his shop has taken care of a Toyota SUV, Fiat 500, Porsche, Kia and Nissan. They know what they’re doing, he’s honest and prices are fair.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:24 AM

I would recommend Sumter Tire. Been using them for years and they are really really good. Fair, honest and reliable. We have both a Toyota and Honda service by them
Old 02-02-2024, 07:35 AM

If you are looking for Toyota Dealership recommendations, I have used both Phillips and Deluca. While Phillips is a little closer we have found it worth the drive to Ocala for Deluca. My wife brings her Rav4 for her scheduled maintenance. The service department at Phillips just would not talk to her and when they did they talked down to her. I went with on one occasion and witnessed this first hand and talked to the Store Manager about it. When it happened again we moved to Deluca and have never looked back. I was also not a fan of some of the services they were pushing on her and have never been even suggested to me while I was in for service.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I agree!

When we moved here in 2016, they were recommended on this website (probably by you), and we have been very happy with the service they have provided for us.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I take my Toyota to Wildwood Tire also, they have been good to me.
Old 02-02-2024, 10:02 AM
Gold member

I take my Toyota Highlander to DeLuca Toyota in Ocala for some services. The other times I take it to Pep Boys on 42 in the very far north area. BTW Pep Boys will fix your flat tires for free.
Old 02-02-2024, 10:45 AM

Hard to imagine that Tire shops mentioned here would be able to do anything beyond just the bare basic maintenance items. Today's vehicles have so many electronically controlled components on them. There is no way the tire shops will have the specific special diagnostic and repair tools and factory training that is takes to do the job with the hundreds of make and model vehicles out there today.
I worked for years with a major tire company on the service side. We had to send away many jobs daily to the dealer. With that, I then for the following 25 years, worked with one of the big 3 automotive manufacturers in service. Tire shops are limited in what they can do.

Tags
toyota, service, honest, home, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.