Traffic

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Traffic

In all my time here in the Villages,I've never noticed so much traffic as I've seen the last two days.Morse Blvd,Rio Grande, 466,and Buena Vista just loaded with vehicles.I guess this is the price we pay for living in paradise so I won't complain.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 784 Posts

It's not normal. The RR tracks on 466 are being worked on, and the intersection of 301 & 466 is closed. It's causing overflow onto all the streets around. I was at the intersection of 101/Belvedere & 466 this afternoon, and there was even gridlock.

It's supposed to be opening back up this weekend. Or so they say.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
In all my time here in the Villages,I've never noticed so much traffic as I've seen the last two days.Morse Blvd,Rio Grande, 466,and Buena Vista just loaded with vehicles.I guess this is the price we pay for living in paradise so I won't complain.
exactly ! I mentioned today while we were out, "This traffic is so heavy" !! and we had to jockey for a position at the Shell Gas station on 441 Southern Trace for a pump.. it was packed. I wonder if some of the traffic congestion in that area is from the 301 RR crossing being closed. but even in Spanish Springs area it was crazy with cars.. no where to park.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:33 PM

the BIRDS are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Sprawling suburbia is everywhere. Too many people. Try Hwy 1 here in the Keys where it can take up to 4 hours to go 40 miles....no fun Hun
Old 01-08-2016, 06:58 AM
Eternal Member

It is the beginning of the heavy renter season. It will subside in April/May.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,351 Posts

I take my cart and enjoy the ride. Always leave early. No rush, life is already too fast.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Platinum member

It's the season of the:
Attached Images
snowbird-jpeg 
Old 01-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Veteran member

And the Developer wants to cram another 300 units onto the "North End" resulting in another 500 or so people plugging up the existing streets and major facilities. All villas so it will probably be a significant snowbird nesting site.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

Snowbirds are a way of life here and have been for a long time. When we moved here I was not expecting anything else.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
Snowbirds are a way of life here and have been for a long time. When we moved here I was not expecting anything else.
I find myself still improperly calling it tourist season as we did in S. Florida because most visitors were just that, tourists, not part time residents as here. Back in the 50's most of Miami Beach's restaurants and hotels closed for the summer season. They didn't open again until the horse and dog tracks did for the winter. The ones that did stay open raised their rates in the winter then lowered them back down in the summer.
It's a price to pay for having great winter weather.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Veteran member

Just wait til March and you will know what "traffic" really can be. It gets easier after that. Chill out, take it as it comes. Hurrying causes stress on you and is not healthy. You will eventually get to where you want to go, you will eventually reach the front of the checkout line. You will get home safely if you are patient.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I find myself still improperly calling it tourist season as we did in S. Florida because most visitors were just that, tourists, not part time residents as here....
Neal Rodgers and his listeners called them Canadians (and some other things).
Old 01-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Traffic is about the same all over Florida in Metro areas similar to The Villages. Leave your car in the garage and drive your golf cart when it's a "reasonable" distance to your destination. BTW "Snowbirds" help keep your taxes lower and the money they spend keep a lot of businesses open for all the "Frogs" the other 8 or 9 months of the year.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
Its been very crowded with traffic for the last 4-5 years. As The Villages expand so do the surrounding areas and the expansion continues.

In my view shang gri la is lost and what most people do is just grin and bear it but in reality it does deeply cut in to retirement living . What has happened is that the powers to be changed this development from one of a retirement community to a vacation destination. A vacation destination disrupts community

Cést la vie
Closed Thread

Tags
traffic, vehicles.i, guess, loaded, complain, price, living, paradise, pay, vista, grande, villages, ive, noticed, time, days.morse, blvd, rio, 466, and, buena

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.