Non-Resident Pool Access

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2017, 02:41 PM
Default Non-Resident Pool Access

Hi All,

I will be visiting family in January for a long weekend and I'm looking for a place where I can go to swim laps, ideally in a 50 m pool. The only thing I'm finding online for non-residents are neighborhood or family pools, but I'd like the lap swimming that the sport pools offer. Is there a way a non-resident guest can use a sport pool for a long weekend? Or perhaps there is another pool outside the Villages that has an alternative?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninagski View Post
Hi All,

Is there a way a non-resident guest can use a sport pool for a long weekend?

Thanks in advance.
No, there isn't.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Here's the rules from the District Government website:

Sport Pools

Be sure to check the sport pool activity schedule before you go. Schedules are available in the Recreation News insert, on pool bulletin boards or by calling the center where the pool is located. Sport pools are designated for exercise programming.
  • All Villages sport pools are for residents only (age 30 and older).
  • All sport pool participants must have a current year’s signed activity release before taking part in any organized water activities.
  • All sport pool activities start at the top of the hour and finish 10 minutes before the posted end time. Pool will be cleared after each scheduled activity.
  • Lap swimming – all lanes in with no program leader. Lanes are for lap swimmers. Sharing lanes and/or circle swimming is encouraged with lanes are full.
  • Open exercise and walk – no lanes or program leader. General exercise, walking and swimming.
  • Combination swim time — pool has some lanes in. Water walking, general exercise and lap swimming with no program leader. Open pool area is for water walking & exercise, lap lanes are for lap swimming. Sharing lanes and/or circle swimming is encouraged when lanes are full. Lap swimmers have priority use of lap lanes.
  • Water exercise programs – these programs are drop-in sessions that you can attend at your leisure and take place in both deep and shallow water. They are a great low impact way to get a cardiovascular workout and tone your body. There are numerous, volunteer led, sessions at all the sports pools. Work at your own pace matching your individual goals and level of fitness, skill and ability. For information on specific water exercise programs, please call the regional recreation center where the program is held. These programs are listed by the leader on the individual sports pool schedules.
  • Water Volleyball – offered in multiple skill levels:: Open, Basic, Intermediate, Adv. Intermediate* & Advanced * (*sign-up required). All scheduled level of play times (excluding open play) are organized – a staff member or volunteer ambassador will organize play. During organized play unused courts (vacant) must be made available to players from a different level of play. For example, during Organized Intermediate vacant courts can only be used by Basic, Intermediate Advanced and Advanced level players.
  • Open Group Play – there is no designated level of play. No courts are reserved & all courts are available for all to play on. Please abide by the courtesy rule for water volleyball courts so fellow residents have a play opportunity. A group consists of 6 players per team/minimum of 12 per court.)
  • Water Exercise & Water Volleyball programming may reach peak attendance/participation numbers allowed for activity. A staff member or volunteer will assist in passing out Peak Participation Program tickets 30 minutes prior to the start of activity on an as needed basis.
  • You do not need to sign up for sport pool programs. Special events and activities which require sign-up will be announced.
  • Pool equipment is available in the pool room at each pool. Please treat the equipment as if it were your own, and return it to its proper place when finished.
  • Please contact any of the regional center managers if you have a question.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

If it's cool or cold you can do laps in the family pools they will most likely be empty. Shorter lanes but for a long weekend it won't hurt you.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Hi All,

I will be visiting family in January for a long weekend and I'm looking for a place where I can go to swim laps, ideally in a 50 m pool. The only thing I'm finding online for non-residents are neighborhood or family pools, but I'd like the lap swimming that the sport pools offer. Is there a way a non-resident guest can use a sport pool for a long weekend? Or perhaps there is another pool outside the Villages that has an alternative?

Thanks in advance.
Try calling this new gym that has opened near The Villages. They have an indoor pool and offer short term (daily or weekly) memberships.

Too Your Health Spa V - Home | Facebook
Old 12-28-2017, 10:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
There are no regulation 25 yard lap pools in the villages that guests can use. Unfortunately, the sports pools are usually very overcrowded, and as such they are limited to resident use only. Even residents often can not get a swim lane during the busy winter season when the days are short and most of the pool time is reserved for activities other than lap swimming. Lap swimming is usually available only very early in the AM and then again as it gets dark. It would be nice if lap swimming was available during the middle of the day, but it is never on the schedule except on Sundays. And if you swim backstroke, good luck finding a pool with swim flags so you can know when the wall is coming and avoid hitting your head on the wall.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
There are no regulation 25 yard lap pools in the villages that guests can use. Unfortunately, the sports pools are usually very overcrowded, and as such they are limited to resident use only. Even residents often can not get a swim lane during the busy winter season when the days are short and most of the pool time is reserved for activities other than lap swimming. Lap swimming is usually available only very early in the AM and then again as it gets dark. It would be nice if lap swimming was available during the middle of the day, but it is never on the schedule except on Sundays. And if you swim backstroke, good luck finding a pool with swim flags so you can know when the wall is coming and avoid hitting your head on the wall.
Sounds like there's some good opportunity for The Villages to make some improvements!
Old 12-29-2017, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Pool

Quote:
Sounds like there's some good opportunity for The Villages to make some improvements!
I would be 100% shocked if TV built pools for guests. They build amenities for the residents.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post

Backstrokers just need to watch the lap ropes. When they go from blue/white to solid blue, that tells the swimmer he is coming close to the wall.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
When you become a resident ther are lots of lanes for you to swim in
Old 12-30-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
I sent you a pm with specifics.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Try calling this new gym that has opened near The Villages. They have an indoor pool and offer short term (daily or weekly) memberships.

Too Your Health Spa V - Home | Facebook
The To Your Health Spa in Lady Lake does have an indoor pool, but it's only 60' long plus it's booked up most days with classes.

The Villages Florida

If this is really that important to you, if you're ever staying longer in the area. Look for a rental in Del Webb Spruce Creek just south of Belleview. They have two pools, this one is indoors.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, sport, pools, non-resident, weekend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.