Traffic really that bad?

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2014, 09:20 AM

I'm from Tampa Bay.This is not traffic.Try US 19 from Port Richey to So. St.Pete.They have bumper stickers that say "I survived US 19"
Old 08-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
I'm from Tampa Bay.This is not traffic.Try US 19 from Port Richey to So. St.Pete.They have bumper stickers that say "I survived US 19"

Been there; done that many times. Yuck!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
If you moved here 15-20 years ago (as we did), it sucks now days!! We would NEVER have moved here if we knew then that the greedy developer was going to keep adding and adding.
15 -20 years ago? Looks like you would make a hefty profit because of the vision and risk taking "greedy developer" Personally, I think it is a breath of fresh air here compared to other parts of Florida. No traffic problems in Lehigh Acers and plenty of cheap houses....you are not "stuck" here.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Gold member

Perhaps the person mentioned on the OP has acknowledged his own declining driving skills, and wishes to move to an overall lower risk area.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
If you moved here 15-20 years ago (as we did), it sucks now days!! We would NEVER have moved here if we knew then that the greedy developer was going to keep adding and adding.
I can't believe the developer didn't have the courtesy to stop expanding after you got here. He must not have known you arrived.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

BTK hit it, in my opinion. There is some underlying reason for your friend saying this, and he just doesn't want to tell you what it is. I would ask myself how long has he lived here (like a poster above who moved here when it was still mostly farmland), and where he came from. Moreover, where is he going? I challenge him to find anywhere warm in the winter where the traffic is any less.

I grew up driving the hills of Pittsburgh when it didn't have enough highways to handle all the cars (still doesn't), and have spent winters in Key West and Anna Maria Island over on the Gulf coast. Compared to those places, the traffic we have here is just nothing to us.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
PLEASE don't say he is greedy. What if YOU were one of the folks who wanted to move here now? Just think of all of the years that you have enjoyed this place. And if you are not happy now, you have made a good investment, you can sell and make a profit.

Making a profit is what businesses do. Had you ever thought that Gary Morse might have all he needs and is concerned for all the people who work for him, continuing to work and take care of their families? And remember that town's grow and this one has had an orderly growth. I think that your criticism is unfair.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:18 AM

[QUOTE=graciegirl;926496]PLEASE don't say he is greedy. What if YOU were one of the folks who wanted to move here now? Just think of all of the years that you have enjoyed this place. And if you are not happy now, you have made a good investment, you can sell and make a profit.

Making a profit is what businesses do. Had you ever thought that Gary Morse might have all he needs and is concerned for all the people who work for him, continuing to work and take care of their families? And remember that town's grow and this one has had an orderly growth. I think that your criticism is unfair.[/

Another post about greed missing the economic reality. If the "greedy" developer walked away today, based on published reports of his net worth, he could earn about 200 million dollars a year. I think the entire family could live comfortably on that.

But what about the thousands of workers providing for their families? They would be left most likely having to move to find work or try and make it on limited unemployment benefits.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Greedy developer, really? If it weren't for them you would not have enjoyed all you have in TV. It's a beautiful place and there's a demand for them to keep building. It's like any other community people move in, businesses come and the town flourishes. Happens everywhere.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Whether you like to admit it or not, 15 to 20 years ago you had NOTHING here compared to the conveniences you now "enjoy".

From what I have read the early residents of TV had to travel to Leesburg to a supermarket, and I could go on and on, but why bother you are obviously very angry about change and change happens everywhere, it cannot be stopped.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Default Traffic

I was in Astoria, Queens, yesterday morning and took the Queensboro Bridge to the FDR Drive to the George Washington Bridge. Traffic looks pretty good here.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
I'm from Tampa Bay.This is not traffic.Try US 19 from Port Richey to So. St.Pete...

Yep. TV traffic is a walk in the park compared to that, even in peak season.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Gold member

whoops..
Old 08-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Gold member

its not just the traffic, it's everything from shopping, to eating out, to getting in line for a class, and arriving an hour prior just to get a seat at the square.

Its crowded.........gotta love it......suck it up and endure.....
Old 08-21-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
All I can say is "wow". How does a discussion of traffic congestion get hijacked into a "greedy developer"? you have to admire the vision of someone who developed a wonderful city of 100,000 from nothing but farmland.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.