Trailer Park being built next to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2019, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Was born for it! Yep, you’re right.... just not a patsy.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:45 AM

Then should The Village residents Never go outside of The Villages to shop or eat????
Old 09-28-2019, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The problem is not low income RV people, they do not own the land and have little vested interest in up keeping it, I was an RVer myself at one time. Fun way to see the world. The problem is overcrowding. People are sold the idea of Lifestyle in TV and that is clawed away bit by bit by selling the same thing to too many people. How are TV people and their areas protected from nonTV individuals? Because it looks to me they come to eat at the trough as often as possible. I would like to see security measures in place for the owners in TV to protect our Lifestyle.
Florida's population has grown in the last ten years and Florida now is the third most populous state, behind California and Texas as I am sure you know. Along with the people who own here is a swell of population from people who visit here during the high season; January, February and March. This makes businesses go looking for people to handle the seasonal visitors and creates problems and not so great solutions sometimes.

It isn't JUST the area we live in that is growing. All of Florida is.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Therein lies the concern:

Enjoy what you've got, and let others "do the same" = enjoy what YOU've got.

The more the merrier, until everyone who isn't paying for the privilege, incurs wear, tear, damage, crowding, congestion - and they raise the price of admission for everyone who IS paying for the privilege, so that the others can get what YOU've got for free.

Whether that's actual amenity-fee amenities, or maintenance fees, or infrastructure costs. If Villagers are footing the bill for it, then the Villagers absolutely should be concerned, and have a say.

If they're not the only ones footing the bill, then all's fair in love and happy hour lines. If it's unclear who is paying the bill, then it should be made clear.

I like how you state you are footing the bill. The rest of Sumter County knows exactly how you feel. We have been footing the bill for over 30 years that we have not benefited from.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfan View Post
Then should The Village residents Never go outside of The Villages to shop or eat????
Never. Best stay indoors. There are people out there!
Old 09-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage

Yes, Gracie, as always your advice is so welcome. I was thinking of TV as my home, ok, a small part of TV. And just as one’s household does not increase because say, Florida’s population increases .... TV has a history and a charm and a fun factor which we need to protect, in my opinion. I understand that sales etc benefit from more and more people but what about the rest of us?
Old 09-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

[QUOTE=Velvet;1684640]Yes, Gracie, as always your advice is so welcome. I was thinking of TV as my home, ok, a small part of TV. And just as one’s household does not increase because say, Florida’s population increases .... TV has a history and a charm and a fun factor which we need to protect, in my opinion. I understand that sales etc benefit from more and more people but what about the rest of us?[/QUOTE]

Until you became an 'Us' six months ago, you were one of 'them!'
My wife and I have been two of 'them' for over 20 years, and have noticed how the newer 'Us's' have become more intolerant than the older 'Us's in recent years as the population has grown!

Last edited by Two Bills; 09-28-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The problem is not low income RV people, they do not own the land and have little vested interest in up keeping it, I was an RVer myself at one time. Fun way to see the world. The problem is overcrowding. People are sold the idea of Lifestyle in TV and that is clawed away bit by bit by selling the same thing to too many people. How are TV people and their areas protected from nonTV individuals? Because it looks to me they come to eat at the trough as often as possible. I would like to see security measures in place for the owners in TV to protect our Lifestyle.
The public areas of The Villages are open to all. Our safety from crime is protected by the law enforcement people in the areas we live in, for instance; Sumter County Sheriff, Marion County Sheriff, Lake County Sheriff and Lady Lake Police and Fruitland Park Police etc. etc. etc. Our Lifestyle, which is very hard to define is protected by the CDD which ultimately is the developer in some shape or form via the deed restrictions put in place on our property, the availability of recreation facilities and activities and the maintenance of the common areas.

We, as individuals can further protect our safety with surveillance cameras, being alert to any person who may be a threat, and some take classes on owning an using a gun. The Villages watch is a help in my opinion,( but not everyone agrees,) by the watch patrolling the streets constantly.

Our crime is very low and our satisfaction is very high and I like it the way it is. She said. It don't get much better than this. She said. We live like millionaires used to, no matter what size our home. She said. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it. She said. If you look for trouble and dirt you will assuredly find it. She said. The glass is half full. She said. It is another beautiful day in The Villages. She said.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Sage

I chose the wrong word ‘security’ not as in personal safety, I do feel safe in TV, I do not carry because I prefer not to go somewhere where that is necessary.

I meant to safe guard our Lifestyle in TV, our quality of life by not overcrowding pools, lessons, golf courses, pickle ball courts, the streets, the squares, the theaters etc. Crowds impinge on our quality of life.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
I bought 6 months ago, relatives bought 30 years ago. While the sky is not falling, sadness grows as the disregard for TV lifestyle becomes more clear with the constant increasing of crowding.
Really!!??!!
We have lived here 16 years. We have experienced TV growing to three times bigger than it was (then 35,000).
We have experienced nothing but improvement in the lifestyle as TV continues to achieve differing levels of critical mass, sufficient to attract national companies to open businesses here.

Crowding!!!! Where have you gone where it is worth going, nice enough to either want to come back or stay.....that was not crowded? Not much.

Most of us know it is significantly better than where we came from....why else would we be here.

There are pros and cons about any subject.
Me? My opinion?
The lifestyle we bought into 16 years ago has only increased in value by almost any measure one wants to use.

And yes we do and will continue to respect and duly note minority reports.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:09 PM
Sage

If you like crowds I bet you are either in sales or in the minority. Not many people like going to the pool and not finding a chair to sit on, going to the square not finding a place to park, going to a restaurant and have to wait an hour to be served etc etc.

I agree that with more amenities the lifestyle kept improving in TV. I have watched it since 1996 when my parents bought. But now what I see coming is more and more people. And I am looking at who that benefits.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
If "they" eat at the trough, "they" are spending money. Business kinda like that. As far as low income people owning RV's, mine was $565,000 and was better equipped than most homes. Every time I stopped for diesel fuel, it was anywhere from $500 to $800. Can't tell you how much I spent on RV parks/campgrounds, but they don't come cheap.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
If you like crowds I bet you are either in sales or in the minority. Not many people like going to the pool and not finding a chair to sit on, going to the square not finding a place to park, going to a restaurant and have to wait an hour to be served etc etc.

I agree that with more amenities the lifestyle kept improving in TV. I have watched it since 1996 when my parents bought. But now what I see coming is more and more people. And I am looking at who that benefits.
Not in sales and definitely not in the minority.
What is being described is the exception and not the rule.
Many, many hours per day that the acc
omodations are under utilized.

Maybe you can share us with what benefits have been lost since 1996.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage

Yep, RVs not cheap. Ours had a room at the back for 2 motorcycles too. As I said the problem is not ...low income RVers, because most of them have very good income if they have an RV too.... the permanent trailer park people I don’t know, never lived in a trailer park myself. The problem is not their income, but their numbers. I did not buy a home in TV to subsidize businesses, sorry.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage

Traffic was a biggy, lack of parking, overcrowding at the squares etc that was during Snowbird season, in the summer it was much more pleasant. Hubby tends to go anywhere only during low crowd times and we don’t go at all if there is a lineup.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, park, built, trailer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.