Trailwinds development

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2018, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Villages attempted to buy the land for development of homes. Wildwood denied the request hoping a commercial developer would buy the property. The Barclay Group out of the Tampa Bay area and a developer of shopping centers all over the country stepped in and bought the property. Since the Pinellas Plaza with Winn Dixie is across the street and is owned by The Villages, they certainly aren't to make shopping at a competitor easier. In fact last summer The Villages built a split rail fence around Sand Hill Executive on the corner, apparently to keep any thoughts of a cart driver cutting through the golf course out of the question.
Fence has been there a long time, otherwise cattle would have been grazing on the course
Old 04-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W
...The Villages built a split rail fence around Sand Hill Executive on the corner, apparently to keep any thoughts of a cart driver cutting through the golf course out of the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Fence has been there a long time, otherwise cattle would have been grazing on the course
Of course there was a fence between the farm land and the the golf course and also along 466A as well. However, after the Barclay Group started excavation The Villages installed a split rail fence and painted it brown completely AROUND the golf course about last August. If you want try and correct someone, you should have your facts correct. The fence goes all the way to the corner of Buena Vista and north to St. Charles. I drive past Sand Hill everyday on my way to MVP. Look across the street at Turtle Mound Golf Course, no fence there because there was no reason to add one around that golf Course. It was done simply to keep golf cart drivers from cutting through the course to reach Trailwinds.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Of course there was a fence between the farm land and the the golf course and also along 466A as well. However, after the Barclay Group started excavation The Villages installed a split rail fence and painted it brown completely AROUND the golf course about last August. If you want try and correct someone, you should have your facts correct. The fence goes all the way to the corner of Buena Vista and north to St. Charles. I drive past Sand Hill everyday on my way to MVP. Look across the street at Turtle Mound Golf Course, no fence there because there was no reason to add one around that golf Course. It was done simply to keep golf cart drivers from cutting through the course to reach Trailwinds.
A fence needs to be built keeping Wildwood resident golf carts from entering near the Alden bungalows. I've watched carts driving along the grass behind the pond right outside the tunnel that goes under Powell road near rte 44a.They drive their carts parallel to Rte 44A on the grass go partly around the pond which leads the thru the tunnel onto the multimodal path

Last edited by Bosoxfan; 04-19-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
A fence needs to be built keeping Wildwood resident golf carts from entering near the Alden bungalows. I've watched carts driving along the grass behind the pond right outside the tunnel that goes under Powell Road near rte 44A. They drive their cars parallel to Rte 44A on the grass. go partly around the pond which leads them thru the tunnel onto the multimodal path
Very interesting post.

They drive their cars parallel to Rte 44A on the grass. I'm sure this is illegal for a golf cart, but I'm doubtful the time and attention will be devoted by the Wildwood police to stopping it.

I think you should call District Property Management, 352-753-4022, and report this. I believe they will be very interested in learning about this.
Closed Thread

Tags
trailwinds, development, opening, wildwood, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.