Transportation to medical appointments

Old 03-17-2024, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
There is no way I would participate in any for pay service to transport "clients" anywhere. I wouldn't do it on volunteer basis either. Why? Liability risk. If anything happened, while transporting someone, that caused injury to a "client", you better hope you have appropriate insurance and meet any legal licensing requirements mandated by the government. Uber provides liability insurance for their rideshare drivers to protect them in case of a lawsuit. People will and do sue all the time for the most ridiculous reasons. I will not do anything that runs the risk of causing me to lose everything that I have worked for in my life. Cold hearted? No sensible.
Good point and well taken. We are exposed to liability whenever we carry a passenger in our cars, even more so for an informal volunteer service.
Old 03-17-2024, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Totally agree. Why the heck would someone wait hours until you’re done? And what’s wrong with Uber.? Medicare provides medical transport. There’s plenty of options
Some hospitals won't discharge you to an Uber Driver after a procedure...

Especially if anesthesia is involved...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-17-2024, 05:38 PM

Been here many, many years, but when I first moved here was at a community club meeting and a lady made a statement “ didn’t want to be a nurse or purse”! I have supplied transportation to help friends. So for that reason maybe just maybe, the ones that control The Villages should have or make it possible to have help for those who decide to spend their future here!
Old 03-17-2024, 06:06 PM

He did mention cataracts.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:37 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
I hope to soon be a resident in the villages. I will be moving from out of state and away from everyone I know. As a resident of the villages does anyone know if there is a service or person I could pay to bring me to medical appointments and stay there and give me a ride home? I'm thinking only about appointments for procedures that require anesthesia where someone is required to stay at the office and drive me home, like cataract surgery etc. I'm perfectly healthy but any unknown upcoming procedure that involves anesthesia would require me to find someone to stay at the doctor's office and bring me home since driving would be prohibited. I know neighbors would most likely help, but is there any professional service that would do this for a fee?
Are you a member of AARP? Their website has quite a good overview on how to set up a
home caregiving plan.

Best WSHES.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

For us the transportation is rather tedious. It involves flying up north, getting picked up at the airport, then driving my truck to appointments or getting a ride with my wife. It’s a pain in the butt, but we get the benefit of top notch medical care. Scheduling appoints is tricky, everything has to be crammed into the windows of time we are up north. My worst nightmare is needing unplanned emergency care when we are at our Villages home. Been there and done that, it’s not good at best.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
I hope to soon be a resident in the villages. I will be moving from out of state and away from everyone I know. As a resident of the villages does anyone know if there is a service or person I could pay to bring me to medical appointments and stay there and give me a ride home? I'm thinking only about appointments for procedures that require anesthesia where someone is required to stay at the office and drive me home, like cataract surgery etc. I'm perfectly healthy but any unknown upcoming procedure that involves anesthesia would require me to find someone to stay at the doctor's office and bring me home since driving would be prohibited. I know neighbors would most likely help, but is there any professional service that would do this for a fee?
Something we need desperately and no nothing. I've had to Uber myself
Old 03-18-2024, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Something we need desperately and no nothing. I've had to Uber myself
You can't Uber to an appointment where the doctor requires your driver to remain in the office until the appointment is over.

Tags
stay, appointments, home, require, office

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.