Transportation to Orlando Airport

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,938 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Is there a different phone for Jan? I just tried that number and it wasn't correct.

Are you expected to tip for a personal (not-shuttle) ride? How much?
Haibut, acording to the TV phone directory, there is a number for them at 352-561-4449
Old 08-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjam View Post
They are good if you are one person. The fare is $35 but the van that picks you up is $10 additional. When it's my wife and myself I use Jan Colucio a Villages resident 643-0833 who picks you up or drops you off for $80 in a Lincoln Navigator.
Is the trip limited to two people, or does she pick additional people up?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by naneiben View Post
I've never used Jan, but we use a guy, Charlie, who picks us up for $75 or $80. And you are the only one he transports. One of his drivers lives in TV and has a big, comfortable SUV. I can dig out his name and # if you want.

Also, they will go to Tampa or Sanford. And pretty much anywhere--for a price, of course.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Is there a different phone for Jan? I just tried that number and it wasn't correct.

Are you expected to tip for a personal (not-shuttle) ride? How much?
I just called her and it works You might try it with the 352 before it.
352-643-0833 if it still doesn't work the business number is 352-561-4449

Tipping is up to you. I tip $10 which is the same when I use the Village shuttle from Lake Sumter with a cab ride from my house to Lake Sumter $5 each. She is a great lady. Her husband Bernie does my Lawn, Home Watch, and installed my Attic Stairs, Garage Door Openers and my cabinets in the garage all at a great price.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naneiben View Post
That I do not know. I have never had more than 2 people.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, everyone!

Maybe because this is a business trip that I don't want to go on in the first place, but it seems like tipping would fall under the rule that you don't tip the owner of a hair salon (although there's disagreement on that). The shuttle drivers are working for someone else and rely on tips to supplement their income, but if you're a Villager with a side business who runs people to the airport now and then in your own car, it seems like $80 one way is enough. Yeesh.

Ultimately, another $20 isn't going to make a difference to me, and I'm more than willing to pay twice the shuttle rate for the convenience and speed of a personal driver, but the tipping chaps my hide for some reason.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks, everyone!

Maybe because this is a business trip that I don't want to go on in the first place, but it seems like tipping would fall under the rule that you don't tip the owner of a hair salon (although there's disagreement on that). The shuttle drivers are working for someone else and rely on tips to supplement their income, but if you're a Villager with a side business who runs people to the airport now and then in your own car, it seems like $80 one way is enough. Yeesh.

Ultimately, another $20 isn't going to make a difference to me, and I'm more than willing to pay twice the shuttle rate for the convenience and speed of a personal driver, but the tipping chaps my hide for some reason.
To tell you the truth I agree with you. The first 3 times I didn't tip for that reason. But her husband has done so much other work for me at a great price I tipped the last time. Guess I felt obligated For one person I don't think a tip would be necessary nor expected..
Old 08-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
That I do not know. I have never had more than 2 people.
Kellyjam, I wonder if the poster meant do they just take you and whoever is going with you, or do they stop to pick up other people as well, like the Village Van does.

I would not want to pay their price if it's not a private ride each way.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Kellyjam, I wonder if the poster meant do they just take you and whoever is going with you, or do they stop to pick up other people as well, like the Village Van does.

I would not want to pay their price if it's not a private ride each way.
It's a totally private service for you and your party. No other pick-ups.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 AM

yes it is easier to just drive to the landing and depart from there .. straight to airport
Old 08-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
It's a totally private service for you and your party. No other pick-ups.
Thanks. Good to know.

If we have a very long trip, or are going to be gone for a long time, we like to use a car service. On the way home from 24 to 30 hours in transit, it is nice to just plop into a car and have someone else do the driving.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.