Transportation within TV from home to Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2021, 05:32 AM

Have you tried calling Dave's Airport Transportation? They are a licensed and commercially insured service, they also have a local vehicle service for the Villages and Leesburg communities. They are on NextDoor Neighbor website. 352-223-4696, at least you know their commercially insured because they post their policy on that business page, never heard of Kim's cab, ask them for proof of commercial insurance, that is your given rites as a client for your safety.

Last edited by JEM0715; 11-28-2021 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:57 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Due to health problems I can longer drive and my other half is at Freedom Pointe and I would really like to visit him. I am having difficulty finding local transportation within TV. I can get plenty of long range transportation, but nobody seems to wants to transport within TV. Any recommendations please would be much appreciated.
Uber and Lift and The Villages Taxi
Old 11-28-2021, 06:48 AM

I’ve often wondered why Uber and Lyft are not prevalent here in TV. They are quite handy, but if no one is operating within TV, the the cost is prohibitive.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfarr View Post
Next Door is a good suggestion. My church offers a volunteer transportation service for parishioners. Check your church, as they may be able to help. What village do you live in?
Good morning John: I am in Summerhill and we do have a group called Caring Neighbors which was started in TV with in the help of United Way several years ago. It is a great organization, but as I have said before, people have lives of their own and needs of their own and can only do so much to help others.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-28-2021, 07:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Yes, I tried to get an Uber yesterday. There was no one in the area, this was around 11am.
There are tons of visitors here for the Thanksgiving week using Uber and Lyft. It will calm down tomorrow
Old 11-28-2021, 07:11 AM

Villages Taxi no longer provides short hop taxi service.
Only airport service.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
There are tons of visitors here for the Thanksgiving week using Uber and Lyft. It will calm down tomorrow
Another thing to remember is Uber drivers can also deliver food for Uber eats. The younger people especially are using this service so when the millennials go home after Thanksgiving service will be better
Old 11-28-2021, 08:01 AM
Veteran member

I have used both Lyft and Uber here successfully lots of times; it may have been that there were no drivers out on Thanksgiving. I usually use Lyft; at any time you can look at their app and see if there are cars out in the local area; the little car icons shown indicate there are cars out available to give you a ride.

There is also a feature, at least on Lyft, where you can schedule a ride hours or days in advance. Uber's app may have the same feature.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.

Last edited by Freeda; 11-28-2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:46 AM
Default Transportation

My wife (through our church) routinely offers transport to individuals to doctors, shopping , etc. who live anyplace North of Sumter Landing. Please contact her at kaycee23kay@aol.com if she can help.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
I have used both Lyft and Uber here successfully lots of times; it may have been that there were no drivers out on Thanksgiving. I usually use Lyft; at any time you can look at their app and see if there are cars out in the local area; the little car icons shown indicate there are cars out available to give you a ride.

There is also a feature, at least on Lyft, where you can schedule a ride hours or days in advance. Uber's app may have the same feature.
Well you must be lucky , sometimes for a few days I’ll scan my app to check the services I have rarely seen one available and never at night
Old 11-28-2021, 09:54 AM

Does Freedom Pointe have transportation services? Maybe they could help. It’d be service in reverse.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Charlie, thank you. We are from the suburbs of Boston. I am very fortunate, my husband and I have two great sons who have both offered to build on their homes for us and one of the is starting the project now. We intend to stay through the winter and leave in spring. In the meantime I am learning how to live with a disability and rely on cabs and Caring Neighbors who have been very giving of their time.

Let this be a warning to everyone who thinks it cannot happen to them. My husband was fine one day and in the hospital the next, and he was there for 16 days while they were trying to diagnose his problem. I was fortunate to have a granddaughter who flew in to help me for a week, but she had to get back to her family, It was a perfect storm, at the time my husband was admitted my oldest son was having a major back surgery at The Baptist in Boston, my other son and his wife got Covid and one of my Grandson's family came down with Covid brought home from school! Everything imploded at the same time. It is a living nightmare.

This too shall pass and it will have been just a blimp in the road of life.
A better year to come for you I hope and if you don’t have a heavy coat buy after Christmas lol , I have a few for visits lol
Old 11-28-2021, 12:43 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

So sorry to learn about your travails. I have been reading your posts for several years and feel badly that you are going through this situation. I hope you and your "other half" will experience a recovery that enables you both to enjoy life once again.
Some folks such as Chat Brat seem to "disappear" from TOTV. I have no idea what happened to him but I'm sure he wasn't in a golf cart mishap! I hope you will continue to post. Just offering a bit of commiseration and lots of good luck.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Due to health problems I can longer drive and my other half is at Freedom Pointe and I would really like to visit him. I am having difficulty finding local transportation within TV. I can get plenty of long range transportation, but nobody seems to wants to transport within TV. Any recommendations please would be much appreciated.
Where do you live? I would be happy to help, if I can. Let me know when and time you would like to visit your husband. I am in the Village of Glenbrook.

Mary
Old 11-28-2021, 01:15 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazdarmike View Post
Where do you live? I would be happy to help, if I can. Let me know when and time you would like to visit your husband. I am in the Village of Glenbrook.

Mary
She said she is in the village of Summerhill just above 466 on Buena Vista. You're a good person to offer to help her.
Closed Thread

Tags
transportation, range, finding, local, plenty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.