Needing Some Advice

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Default Needing Some Advice

We will be driving down next month and staying in a hotel for a month or so while looking for a house to buy. We will be putting our things in storage during this time. For those of you who have gone this route, what did you do with your personal paperwork during this time? Things like tax returns, copies of important paperwork etc. We will have too much to put into a safe deposit box. Would you feel safe putting these things into the storage facility? I would not want to keep it at the hotel, nor in the car. How did you handle this? Your advice and suggestions will be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,944 Times in 5,339 Posts

Really important papers should be scanned and stored electronically. I kept some important papers in my hotel room and routine papers in the storage facility.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 12-19-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:24 PM

Why not rent my furnished patio villa for the month of January and store them there? Don 240-432-5007
Old 12-19-2017, 04:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll With It View Post
We will be driving down next month and staying in a hotel for a month or so while looking for a house to buy. We will be putting our things in storage during this time. For those of you who have gone this route, what did you do with your personal paperwork during this time? Things like tax returns, copies of important paperwork etc. We will have too much to put into a safe deposit box. Would you feel safe putting these things into the storage facility? I would not want to keep it at the hotel, nor in the car. How did you handle this? Your advice and suggestions will be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Your papers should be fine in a secure storage facility. You don't read about a lot of robberies or fires at storage facilities. Maybe put them in a fire safe box.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll With It View Post
Call me if you need a cheap rental for January. Rae 920-265-8425.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2017, 09:58 AM

Thank you to those who have offered rentals for January. We will not be coming down until the 2nd or 3rd week in January and staying into February. Thank you to everyone who offered their advice, it is very much appreciated.
Closed Thread

Tags
things, time, storage, safe, paperwork

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.