Trash

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2022, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
In the early1990s when my in-laws moved to Central Florida we were always amazed during our visits that the roads were so clean and no litter to speak of. We thought this is great, so much better than our home in New England………..times have changed and the litter around roads in Central Florida now resemble the North East
For what it is worth there are PIGS everywhere. Some mentioned small liquor bottles, beer bottles, cigarette packs. Trash from low lives. Why is it cleaner here? Simple we have people picking up after the PIGS.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You're not getting much exercise if you keep stopping to pick up litter, gotta keep that heart pumping.
A quick stop to bend & pick something up won't slow your heart rate. Now if you stop for 10 minutes to rest & admire the scenery that might do it. -A long time walker / trash picker upper
Old 08-04-2022, 04:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Unless you use one of those gizmos that aid in reaching high places and picking up trash on the ground.
Perhaps, of interest to someone. That device was invented by Ben Franklin.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:39 PM
Default The Hauler Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Agree. We were driving behind a truck that had those trash bins that you see in parking lots. Out pops a large crushed up box, then a plastic bottle, then a huge piece of paper of some sort and that was all in a matter of 5 seconds. I can imagine the trail of debris that truck left because there was nothing to contain the trash that was being hauled.
I agree that the hauler truckers from the dumping of dumpsters are the cause of most of the street trash. Please make note of the hauler and call the hauler and if you see the dumpster owner that is using the hauler call them. If you do not want to call, please post the information and I will call.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Kudos.

I too do a lot of walking, along the MMP that parallels El Camino Real mainly. And yes--a LOT of stuff is tossed. The maintenance people do pick stuff up when they mow but there seems to always be a fresh supply of trash. Quite a few of those little liquor bottles ("Fireball" whiskey, those little one-shot vodka bottles, etc.), a LOT of cigarette butts, empty wine bottles, empty beer cans, you name it. A couple of weeks ago I spotted a pair of men's undershorts.

Amazing. I wonder if these litterbugs the same kind of pigs at home as they apparently are on public paths.
men's undershorts? that's a new one!! lol
Closed Thread

Tags
trash, stop, golf, pick, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.