Trash Options?

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2024, 05:11 PM
Default Trash Options?

If I need to leave town on a non-trash day, is there a public dumpster in TV where I can off load bagged trash?

I don't want to put it out early as a courtesy to my neighbors and when the non-courteous do so, wildlife always seems to get a hold of it.
Old 04-07-2024, 05:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPCGenius View Post
If I need to leave town on a non-trash day, is there a public dumpster in TV where I can off load bagged trash?

I don't want to put it out early as a courtesy to my neighbors and when the non-courteous do so, wildlife always seems to get a hold of it.
Excellent question. I am hoping for some good answers.
Old 04-07-2024, 05:21 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,783 Times in 3,649 Posts

A small amount................postal station.

A bag or two...........ask & take to neighbor.
Old 04-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

We always take to a neighbor to take care of the trash, I help them, they help me.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:01 PM
Veteran member

I’ve done the postal station a couple of times. But only a grocery store plastic bag size. We plan it so we don’t have much trash. If we are a few days after trash day we use that as an excuse to eat out and not generate any trash.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,093 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
A small amount................postal station.

A bag or two...........ask & take to neighbor.
yup, that's what we do.

Plus, putting the trash in the postal station can covers up the dog poop : )

Last edited by tophcfa; 04-08-2024 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

We leave it in the garage. Neighbor comes over on trash day and puts it at the curb. We have four or five neighbors that we all do this for.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

There's always a dumpster next to a rec center. All ends up in the same place.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:39 AM
Default trash

Quote:

When going out of town, I take my trash bags to the big dumpster at my Rec center (not going to mention the name) as I don't want it at left at the curb and critters ripping open the bags.The dumpster is enclosed and unlocked and I always see other garbage bags in it, so I believe it's ok. And there's always ample room in the dumpster.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug17s View Post
When going out of town, I take my trash bags to the big dumpster at my Rec center (not going to mention the name) as I don't want it at left at the curb and critters ripping open the bags.The dumpster is enclosed and unlocked and I always see other garbage bags in it, so I believe it's ok. And there's always ample room in the dumpster.
Same... We often drive north at 0:dark 30, and when we've dropped off a bag of trash, we've often seen one of the Community Watch cars in the parking lot. I asked if it was okay, and they told me it was fine...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-08-2024, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

Our neighbors put their trash in a big rubbermaid trash can just inside their carport, and we roll it out to the end of their driveway the night before trash day. We roll it back empty at the end of that day.

We roll our own out once a month or so, when we weed the garden beds and trim the shrubs and what not, or if we have stinky food (like a chicken carcass and shrimp tails) that we don't want to sit in the kitchen trash bin. The trash guys haven't ever complained. But we put the big bag in the garbage can, and tie the bag, and the trash guy can just tip the can over the back of his truck and the bag slides right out, sealed and tidy.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

i'm always happy to put out trash for a traveling friend. maybe ask someone in your area?
Old 04-08-2024, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Our neighbors put their trash in a big rubbermaid trash can just inside their carport, and we roll it out to the end of their driveway the night before trash day. We roll it back empty at the end of that day.

We roll our own out once a month or so, when we weed the garden beds and trim the shrubs and what not, or if we have stinky food (like a chicken carcass and shrimp tails) that we don't want to sit in the kitchen trash bin. The trash guys haven't ever complained. But we put the big bag in the garbage can, and tie the bag, and the trash guy can just tip the can over the back of his truck and the bag slides right out, sealed and tidy.
It's true, the trash guys are very good, helpful, professional workers. they get xtra $$ @ Christmastime!
Old 04-08-2024, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:

I don't think there is anything that is designated as a "public" dumpster. Typically, dumpsters are privately owned and someone is paying a monthly rental and service fee to use them.
Old 04-08-2024, 10:23 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Excellent question. I am hoping for some good answers.
We've not known of one and travel often been here a long time. We've always had to impose on a neighbor and then reciprocated of course. Have noticed (it's very obvious) that the AB&B places (not talking about long term renters, or seasonal folks) just put trash out any day of the week and leave, those places, three in our neighborhood and large homes they are, always have bags of trash no matter if they are there one night, 2, or a long weekend, might be the owners have told them the MUST not leave trash in the home ?

Last edited by Pairadocs; 04-08-2024 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Closed Thread

Tags
trash, early, courtesy, neighbors, non-courteous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.