Trash Options?

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2024, 05:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Postal station is paper only and NO DOG POOP. The pick ups there must be less frequent and they do not want critters or bad smells. Makea sense.
There are trash bins at our postal station and no signs restricting what can be put in them. I mean, if I have a dunkin cup in my golf cart I'm gonna put it in there.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:34 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
There are trash bins at our postal station and no signs restricting what can be put in them. I mean, if I have a dunkin cup in my golf cart I'm gonna put it in there.
I believe that post was debunked earlier. It is just one opinion.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

Wow....a whole thread about trash and not one rant about ‘plastic bags’! Progress
Old 04-11-2024, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,540 Times in 3,116 Posts

Re: the dumpsters at rec centers and other areas in/around The Villages:

Those are paid for by whoever owns the property the dumpster sits on, they're not part of the amenities. You're not "allowed" to put your trash in them. However, the property managers/owners/neighbors aren't really going to care if you use them. "Accepting that you do this" is not "tacit permission." If you lift the lid to toss a trash bag in, and a rat comes out and bites you, you can't sue the property owner for having unsanitary conditions. That's because you didn't have the right to do that in the first place. You do it at your own risk, which is fine - I did the same thing once up north when our community dumpster was full and the Wawa down the street had room in theirs for a trash bag.

As for the trash cans at the postal stations: they're INTENDED for people to toss whatever mail they don't want to take home with them. That might be plastic wrapping, it might be junk mail, it might be small boxes or bubble wrap, or envelopes, and so on. Maybe you brought your Wendy's soda cup with you while reading through your mail and now it's empty so you toss that in too.

But it's not intended for you to clean out three months worth of crap in your car and stuff a garbage bag into the can, and it's not intended for you to put feces in it.

You shouldn't NEED rules for this. It's called "being a civilized adult living in a first-world country, and having a mother who cared enough about her child's future to teach them manners."

If you had a horrible mother, you could be forgiven. If not, then it's on you to behave like a civilized adult, whether the rules say you have to or not.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Those are paid for by whoever owns the property the dumpster sits on, they're not part of the amenities. You're not "allowed" to put your trash in them. However, the property managers/owners/neighbors aren't really going to care if you use them. "Accepting that you do this" is not "tacit permission." If you lift the lid to toss a trash bag in, and a rat comes out and bites you, you can't sue the property owner for having unsanitary conditions. That's because you didn't have the right to do that in the first place. You do it at your own risk, which is fine - I did the same thing once up north when our community dumpster was full and the Wawa down the street had room in theirs for a trash bag.

As for the trash cans at the postal stations: they're INTENDED for people to toss whatever mail they don't want to take home with them. That might be plastic wrapping, it might be junk mail, it might be small boxes or bubble wrap, or envelopes, and so on. Maybe you brought your Wendy's soda cup with you while reading through your mail and now it's empty so you toss that in too.

But it's not intended for you to clean out three months worth of crap in your car and stuff a garbage bag into the can, and it's not intended for you to put feces in it.

You shouldn't NEED rules for this. It's called "being a civilized adult living in a first-world country, and having a mother who cared enough about her child's future to teach them manners."

If you had a horrible mother, you could be forgiven. If not, then it's on you to behave like a civilized adult, whether the rules say you have to or not.
Or as many on here say....and do...’the rules are for thee....but not for me’!
Old 04-11-2024, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Funny part is, if you do some diligence cross threads...these are some of the same people that flex about having all this money earning interest and owning multiple TV properties...yet can’t follow a simple expectation disposing of their lazy trash.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:36 AM
Default Tmi

Wow.... all I really wanted to know was if there was a "proper" place for me to drop a single bag of kitchen trash on my way out of town.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,037 Times in 1,752 Posts

Quote:
Our neighbors put their trash in a big rubbermaid trash can just inside their carport, and we roll it out to the end of their driveway the night before trash day. We roll it back empty at the end of that day.

We roll our own out once a month or so, when we weed the garden beds and trim the shrubs and what not, or if we have stinky food (like a chicken carcass and shrimp tails) that we don't want to sit in the kitchen trash bin. The trash guys haven't ever complained. But we put the big bag in the garbage can, and tie the bag, and the trash guy can just tip the can over the back of his truck and the bag slides right out, sealed and tidy.
In my area the trash can would be thrown out too. These trucks are not automated for them as they are up north.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPCGenius View Post
Wow.... all I really wanted to know was if there was a "proper" place for me to drop a single bag of kitchen trash on my way out of town.
I think you got your answer.....ask a neighbor. There is no other ‘sanctioned’ way to dispose of it on TV property.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,751 Times in 5,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
I think you got your answer.....ask a neighbor. There is no other ‘sanctioned’ way to dispose of it on TV property.
Correct. Getting rid of trash is not free.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,784 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPCGenius View Post
Welcome to ToTV.
The original post always gets lost.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,410 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:

Those are paid for by whoever owns the property the dumpster sits on, they're not part of the amenities. You're not "allowed" to put your trash in them.
I’m pretty sure the land the dumpster sits on is owned by either the the District which collects my amenity fee to run activities at the center or the District which collects my maintenance fee to take care of the facilities. Either way, my neighbors and I fund trash collection at those facilities.

As for what the INTENDED use of the postal station cans - there was a long thread on here a year or so ago about how they were NOT intended for junk mail.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-11-2024, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,037 Times in 1,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

As for what the INTENDED use of the postal station cans - there was a long thread on here a year or so ago about how they were NOT intended for junk mail.
Whatever their intention for the garbage cans, most people will not take junk mail with them. The alternative would be to leave them on the bench where the wind blows them around. Just because someone puts something into your letter box does not mean that you will do anything with it. Or even pick it up.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,372 Times in 2,399 Posts

Here we go again, trash cans at postal station.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:49 AM
Veteran member

I save up the feces in my car for a few months and dump it in the postal station all the time. Not a problem.

Good grief this forum is full of wackos. How do do you get months of trash and feces out of a coffee cup? Really. The bins at the postal stations are for trash that you may have with you for any reason. A score card, junk mail, a coffee cup. And yes I put a small grocery store size bag in there if it’s not trash day when I travel. It’s all going to the same place and funded by the same people, us.
Closed Thread

Tags
trash, early, courtesy, neighbors, non-courteous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.