Tree Cutting

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2021, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts
Default Tree Cutting

Because I only trust about half of what I read on the news site that is not be mentioned I need help in understanding the position of those on Valleybrook Way. Based on the story the residents believe they were scammed (guy shows up and says he has permission to cut down District Stuff and they say go ahead). Never checked with the District or with the CDD. Now when asked to pay for their poor judgement and lack of due diligence they become indignant and, I guess, want the rest of us that live in CDD10 to pay for their "mistake"? Am I missing something?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-15-2021, 08:03 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Because I only trust about half of what I read on the news site that is not be mentioned I need help in understanding the position of those on Valleybrook Way. Based on the story the residents believe they were scammed (guy shows up and says he has permission to cut down District Stuff and they say go ahead). Never checked with the District or with the CDD. Now when asked to pay for their poor judgement and lack of due diligence they become indignant and, I guess, want the rest of us that live in CDD10 to pay for their "mistake"? Am I missing something?
Privilege
Old 04-15-2021, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

What you said sounds like what they want alright. Lots of people, expensive homes, and not one of 'em thought to double check with the CDD on a project on property that didn't belong to them. I'd say they deserve to pay to fix it.
Old 04-16-2021, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
What could possibly go wrong? A person you probably don’t know knocks on your door, unsolicited, tells you that The Villages approved the work, on THE OTHER SIDE of the fence that is NOT your property and then quotes YOU a price for the work. When do the alarm bells in your head go off?

The homeowners where the trees were cut down should OFFER to pay the restoration fees and hope they can avoid other fines or potential criminal liability. They should be RUNNING with their checkbooks to get in front of thIs. The first ones that the State of Florida should visit and fine are any of those who have the audacity to claim victimhood. They embody the term “entitled” and give the rest of Villagers a bad name in the nearby communities.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,932 Times in 2,455 Posts

Quote:
Why would I paid for trees to be cut down on someone else’s property. Why wouldn’t the developers be paying for it? Sounds fishy to me?
Old 04-16-2021, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Why would I paid for trees to be cut down on someone else’s property. Why wouldn’t the developers be paying for it? Sounds fishy to me?
Why would the developer be paying for anything, it was their property, they didn't want the trees to be removed.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-16-2021, 10:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

I would recommend bringing a beaver down south and releasing it into your back yard. Word has it that the beavers are not subject to deed restrictions and are free to take down as many trees as they please. That's what the word on the street is anyways?
Old 04-17-2021, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

These people are guaranteeing District 10 is going to make them pay. Playing the victim is just asinine.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

How sad are these posts. Sadly typical. They are sooooooo stupid. I suggest to all before you post that sort of stuff, you review all the dumb things you have done in your life. If, being honest, it will take days to write them all down and you would have surely forgotten many of them.

In college, many years ago, our living quarters was well a slum. We said it would be great to have a phone. One of my roommates over a holiday went home got his tool belt walked
into the presidents office and removed his phone, No one thought to wonder. After all he had a tool belt.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
In college, many years ago, our living quarters was well a slum. We said it would be great to have a phone. One of my roommates over a holiday went home got his tool belt walked
into the presidents office and removed his phone, No one thought to wonder. After all he had a tool belt.
I guess that anecdote is surely justification for not taking responsibility for stupid decisions and mistakes. Wow! Talk about entitlement and privilege.
Closed Thread

Tags
district, pay, asked, tree, cdd

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.