Tree Cutting News

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Justice either is a cherished principle or it is not. It's not all about the money. In fact it is not even mostly about the money. It's mostly about the principle of justice, and that people should not be allowed to silently sneak around justice or get away with buying their way out of facing justice.

Without a public outcry the perps would have gotten away with their deeds scot-free, and been perfectly content to allow the rest of us, even it it was only 50 cents a household, to suffer the consequences for them. They would have enjoyed whatever result they were attempting to achieve, and the "collective we" would have footed the bill.

I'm glad that money was brought forward to cover whatever part of the damages it covers, but they still are getting away without having to personally face up to their actions. Most of us would not have been able to do that, and rightfully so. That's not good justice, good citizenship, or good neighbors.

And if I live forever, I will never understand the logic of defending the perps actions, or the suggestions (read sarcastic harangue) that posters on this and other related threads should shut up and take it. I defend your right to think that, but I will never understand your rationale unless you explain it. Many pages ago in this thread I tried to explain why those of us who were incensed felt they way we did, and then respectfully invited anyone who disagreed to explain the rationale from the opposing view. To date, no one has done that other than to imply that they were tired of hearing about it. I would still appreciate the opportunity to read that rationale and better understand why you feel the way you do, and I suspect that others would like to see that too.

I tried several times to say that we are constantly asked to pay through our taxes for people's actions when they break the law, destroy property, and do wrong things. When a thief is chased in a stolen car and hits a light pole and tears up property, who pays? When a person lies to get disability or welfare, who pays? It happens every day and it is wrong, wrong, wrong. I think it is clear that someone or all the folks in the homes discussed time and time again were the ones responsible. I don't know them, and really never want to know them and I would imagine that would be a general response. I haven't read ANYONE making excuses for them.

I have said that they probably don't have a lot of friends at the Lake Miona pot luck.

What bothered me is that the whole village was under suspicion by some posters and that just isn't fair. I am sure they had some very strong inklings but I never thought that every man jack or woman jack was covering up for them.

I also didn't think the district and the developers were part of a conspiracy. They have to pay the bills and follow the laws of agencies such as this one who found out about the tree cutting and lowered the boom.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I don't think you should worry about that. I'm sure the Miona Lake people learned their lesson.
What they learned is they could get away with a felony because they were able to remain anonymous; pay off only some of the costs with pocket change and enjoy a clear(er) view, at least for a while.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
What they learned is they could get away with a felony because they were able to remain anonymous; pay off only some of the costs with pocket change and enjoy a clear(er) view, at least for a while.
absolutely
Old 08-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

And what we all learned or I thought we learned, the last time Challenger told us what the official told him, is that the monetary stuff was covered. The view is blocked. And if you follow the addresses, you can find out the names.

Manabouttown, are you here now, or in California? Has this made you change your mind about looking here for a home?
Old 08-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

And the beat goes on.........................
Old 08-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Sage

Why would the whole village be under suspicion? Who was accusing the whole village of being responsible? I believe it was likely from the start that the a small number of homes may have been involved. I don't believe the whole village has been tainted. Even if there was someone who claimed a village wide conspiracy, who really cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I tried several times to say that we are constantly asked to pay through our taxes for people's actions when they break the law, destroy property, and do wrong things. When a thief is chased in a stolen car and hits a light pole and tears up property, who pays? When a person lies to get disability or welfare, who pays? It happens every day and it is wrong, wrong, wrong. I think it is clear that someone or all the folks in the homes discussed time and time again were the ones responsible. I don't know them, and really never want to know them and I would imagine that would be a general response. I haven't read ANYONE making excuses for them.

I have said that they probably don't have a lot of friends at the Lake Miona pot luck.

What bothered me is that the whole village was under suspicion by some posters and that just isn't fair. I am sure they had some very strong inklings but I never thought that every man jack or woman jack was covering up for them.

I also didn't think the district and the developers were part of a conspiracy. They have to pay the bills and follow the laws of agencies such as this one who found out about the tree cutting and lowered the boom.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Right on Gracie,

And isn't it pertinent that these felons would allow this misplaced shame to be visited on their inocent neighbors.

Since it appears they have not the integrity to step up , some will always have suspicions about which residents of this beuatiful commuity were involved. That is unfortunate.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Bingo.....and may I add the century old trees can not be restored in our lifetime or our children's lifetimes. Yes other tree's were replanted but they will take many decades of growth to replace what was lost. Something the "forget about it" posters fail to grasp.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Why would the whole village be under suspicion? Who was accusing the whole village of being responsible? I believe it was likely from the start that the a small number of homes may have been involved. I don't believe the whole village has been tainted. Even if there was someone who claimed a village wide conspiracy, who really cares?
Read post #352. That accusation has been offered before by this poster & others.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
Bingo.....and may I add the century old trees can not be restored in our lifetime or our children's lifetimes. Yes other tree's were replanted but they will take many decades of growth to replace what was lost. Something the "forget about it" posters fail to grasp.
Century old? Where did that come from?
Old 08-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
I grasp that...just don't really give a damn. I am concerned about deforestation, but not a couple of live oaks here and there. However this event has kept old people off the streets and on their keyboards....that is a win in my book.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Default Any CDD 5 Meeting News??

Anyone have any news from the CDD 5 meeting that was held on Friday?? I seem to have read something about path striping being discussed again, but nothing about the trees. Did anyone wanting details from the board that approved the amnesty & repayment plan attend?? I thought from the posts since repayment was made that there'd at least be a handful of posters interested enough to attend and ask questions. ????
Old 08-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Sage

Nothing in there that accuses the whole Village of anything. Not sure what you are talking about. Doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Read post #352. That accusation has been offered before by this poster & others.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I guess that if you mischaracterize people's words and intentions enough, the hope is someone will believe you.

Tags
district, tree, supervisors, responsible, news, cutting, reimbursed, year, miona, lake, trees, submit, restitution, anonymously, replacing, cdd5, costs, parties, announced, friday, todays, villages, party, illegal, action

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.