Trespassing

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
How would the owner or builder or anyone know that some people are trespassing? Does the house have internal and external security cameras in place? Are the people who drop in to look around leaving trash or graffiti or other evidence? If workers are there when passers-by walk around, I don't see the problem. Ask them to leave. If worry about possible damage is that high, the owner needs to make sure the house is secure. I honestly can't envision too many Villagers breaking a window or climbing up a second story balcony to break in.

So, yeah. Skeptical.
Well, for instance... my neighbor is building a premier in Charlotte, and has pulled up to the house a few times when people were in there snooping. One couple was coming out and closing the garage door (the other doors were locked).

So I guess the builder and neighbors have seen the trespassers. I don't think that is so skeptical.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What everyone seems to be describing is not tresspassing. First of all, while someone may have a deposit on a particular house, they do not own the house; they have not gone to settlement.

Many intended buyers walk through partially built houses. They are not breaking in; a door somewhere is not locked. When my husband and I were looking at homes (not models), our sales person walked us through many partially built houses. If a front door was locked, we walked to the back and usually, a door was open, as was a garage door in many cases.

A zillion people walked through our house as it was being built. So what??!?
Old 04-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Sage

When we built our condo in Michigan, there were certain points at which we had to pony up large chunks of cash for materials. There were three lots of this. I considered it our house even if the closing hadn't taken place--it certainly was our money in there. And I considered anybody who helped themselves to being on the property uninvited to be trespassers.

The builder had other condos to show us before we built. They were owned by people who agreed to show them to us. Some were models. He even took us to his own house. No need to enter uninvited to someone else's property.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
What everyone seems to be describing is not tresspassing. First of all, while someone may have a deposit on a particular house, they do not own the house; they have not gone to settlement.
snipped

So who owns the house with the RV garage being built on Schwartz that folks are feeling free to browse?

Old 04-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Of course any garage can be a detraction regardless of price. Once again, you missed the point.
The houses in Vegas that are priced in the millions to which I referred, and are practically all done in good taste.
Deed restriction require that!

As for the property in the historic area, the garage is on the side. So what is your problem with that?
My guess is that you live in that area and just don't want to see change -- change which is for the better, I might add.
Some of those houses are pretty dumpy and need a facelift -- or more!
Did not miss your point; and because of that cannot respond as Admin/Mod would likely deem a personal attack. Will therefore simply say that you guessed WRONG - AGAIN.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I say who among us haven't peeked in windows or gone into a house being built? Who among us lives in that glass house? Certainly not me. I see little difference in people who do this than the habitual Open House attendees who are snooping, not looking for a house. The bigger or more different the house, the more snooping you should expect.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce;10***46
I say who among us haven't peeked in windows or gone into a house being built? Who among us lives in that glass house? Certainly not me. I see little difference in people who do this than the habitual Open House attendees who are snooping, not looking for a house. The bigger or more different the house, the more snooping you should expect.

I agree.

Almost every night Sweetie, Helene and I would go to see what had been done on the home they were building for us here in The Villages a little over three years ago. It was rare that we didn't run into someone going through the house too. Sometimes it would be neighbors and sometimes people we didn't know. We had done the same many times, looking through others homes in different stages of construction, knowing they were being built for someone. I see not a thing wrong with that.

One night when we three were going through what is now our home, there was a couple there and they said something like, well what do you think of this house? We said it was very nice. And they told us that it was theirs.

We thought they had good taste.

No harm, no foul.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl;10***50
I agree.

Almost every night Sweetie, Helene and I would go to see what had been done on the home they were building for us here in The Villages a little over three years ago. It was rare that we didn't run into someone going through the house too. Sometimes it would be neighbors and sometimes people we didn't know. We had done the same many times, looking through others homes in different stages of construction, knowing they were being built for someone. I see not a thing wrong with that.

One night when we three were going through what is now our home, there was a couple there and they said something like, well what do you think of this house? We said it was very nice. And they told us that it was theirs.

We thought they had good taste.

No harm, no foul.
Interesting! Did you ask them if it was theirs, or did they offer up that lie all by themselves?
Old 04-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance;10***54
Interesting! Did you ask them if it was theirs, or did they offer up that lie all by themselves?

They told us that the home was theirs with no prompts.

We were amused.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Sage

Quote:

Many intended buyers walk through partially built houses. They are not breaking in; a door somewhere is not locked. When my husband and I were looking at homes (not models), our sales person walked us through many partially built houses. If a front door was locked, we walked to the back and usually, a door was open, as was a garage door in many cases.

A zillion people walked through our house as it was being built. So what??!?
I agree.

It is funny how some things offend some people and don't others. It all depends what you are used to.

I see NOTHING wrong with going though a home that is being built. Now the new spec homes aren't slated for anybody, but even if the home with the RV garage is being built FOR someone, no one is harming anything by going through it...BEFORE the carpet and flooring is down.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl;10***72
I agree.

It is funny how some things offend some people and don't others. It all depends what you are used to.

I see NOTHING wrong with going though a home that is being built. Now the new spec homes aren't slated for anybody, but even if the home with the RV garage is being built FOR someone, no one is harming anything by going through it...BEFORE the carpet and flooring is down.
Re-read posts 9 & 21.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance;10***82
Re-read posts 9 & 21.

You forget how adventurous and daredevil I am. I don't have seatbelts yet in my cart.

But, I get dizzy when I wear high heeled shoes. And I don't gamble, and I don't drink and I don't chew and I don't go with boys who do.

And I always lay up over water.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You forget how adventurous and daredevil I am. I don't have seatbelts yet in my cart.

But, I get dizzy when I wear high heeled shoes. And I don't gamble, and I don't drink and I don't chew and I don't go with boys who do.

And I always lay up over water.
Ha ha! A rule breaker! (Although I don't know what that last one means. You float? )
Old 04-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
So glad that that mausoleum is not in or even close to my neighborhood! How can the owner not be surprised over the consternation that her house has created? I have been told that she is a lovely lady and if folks really want to see the place they should try doing their drive-bys in the evening when she is there to check on the day's progress.

Did a drive-by myself a week or so ago and saw the realtor lock on the front door - but the door from the bus garage to the kitchen was wide open. I guess someone messed up that day!
I love your tag line video - great memories.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

Is it fact or fiction that TV doesn't include attic stairs in homes (e.g., in garages) because they fear "snoopers" getting injured?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.