Trivia at City Fire

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
I order drinks also, I posted that I spend $20 for my bill plus a tip...The whole table of 8 spends at least that per person and more. If $20 a head is cheap, then I will quit playing. I order more on some weeks for food, so if $8.00 is the expectation and $20 + tip is what I spend, and the table is spending $160 or more, why the harsh criticisms? this is why I don't like posting on this site too much, people are so critical and harsh without reading the full thread or the OP..
I've read every word in this thread. Most folks would spend less time at the table than the folks playing Trivia. As someone said up-thread...the tables could be turned more frequently, thus generating much more income for the restaurant and more tips for the servers.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM

Before Donna Moore and Dunning Shaw became very popular at Katie Belles there was no cover charge. Then it became $15/person with all of the money going toward your drinks/food because there were a number of people who came to the show, sat and ordered nothing. Now I think $10 of $15 goes toward your bill. Not hard to understand why they did this.
As far as catering to the Snowbirds; I am very happy that the Snowbirds are here. (except for the heavy traffic) They pay amenity fees, garbage fees, etc year round and actually hold down those costs for year around residents like me.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerfly View Post
Before Donna Moore and Dunning Shaw became very popular at Katie Belles there was no cover charge. Then it became $15/person with all of the money going toward your drinks/food because there were a number of people who came to the show, sat and ordered nothing. Now I think $10 of $15 goes toward your bill. Not hard to understand why they did this.
As far as catering to the Snowbirds; I am very happy that the Snowbirds are here. (except for the heavy traffic) They pay amenity fees, garbage fees, etc year round and actually hold down those costs for year around residents like me.
I agree. If we want to have all these stores & restaurants, they need to make money. Thank you snowbirds & renters for spending your money !!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Default Trivia

If trivia is such a problem as some of you suggest and the establishment is"loosing"money on the whole deal, why do they offer it.They can cancel it any time they want.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

Trivia runs from 6:30 to 8:00, that is not 2 1/2 hours.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetterlund View Post
Trivia runs from 6:30 to 8:00, that is not 2 1/2 hours.
The players start packing the place about 6:00.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.