Truck Spraying Mist Friday 2-24-23 10:15 pm

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Those harmless chemicals released in Ohio could be causing lots of HARM in 20 years. Aeron Brockovich is NOT just there for fun and giggles.
Welp... Anyone with a functioning cerebral cortex (and working google machine) knows that Vinyl Chloride is quite toxic...

Oh, btw, it's Erin...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-28-2023, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
ALL those many words look impressive ......however......a couple of years ago I was walking on the multi-use path as a spray small truck was coming toward me ON THE PATH at about 4 PM belching out that POISON. To avoid that CR_P AND SAVE MY LUNGS for useful things like breathing and playing SPORTS........ I crossed over to the north side of 466A and I saw at least 3 large 1ft long very DEAD black land turtles lying in the ditch of the road. So, I assumed that the sprayer was there EARLIER of the day before. The turtles had their heads extended and dropped down as if they had died in pain. but, they may NOT feel pain. It just looks like that.......AND SAD.
..........So, in summary........I don't BELIEVE all those FINE words and I don't think that my eyes were lying. Perhaps,, but unlikely, the powers that be had a "come to JESUS MOMENT" in the last 3 years and ALL those WONDERFUL words ARE not JUST "SMOKE AND MIRRORS".......but.............?
Big ASSumption you made there...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-28-2023, 01:16 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
List removal of books seems to allow Fl to list to the far right (pun intended)!
When you really analyze it, isn't our chosen form of government (democracy, or democratic republic to be accurate) a form that allows the masses to determine representatives to represent the opinion of the MAJORITY (to put it as simply as possible), not for the representatives to represent their OWN opinion only. Some responsibilities are set aside for the state to determine, not the federal government (curriculum for instance). So, it would follow (be it for "good" or for "evil") it does follow that each of Florida's local public school districts, as well at those of ANY state, must determine the books used in classes, the books on mandatory reading lists, the books available in individual school libraries, are determined by the RESIDENTS, the "consumers" of the local education if you will. Rather "far left" or "far right" (that's a qualitative term with no actual meaning per se), the beliefs of the majority of the particular community is the determining factor. If "we the people" do not like that, there are other forms of government we can adopt. We do have choices.
Old 02-28-2023, 04:54 PM

Just received a notification that the spray truck will be in Chitty Chatty tonight! Really great to know when they are coming.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You asked for the pop up. I didn’t ask for a lecture on the causes of turtle deaths….which you really don’t know why those turtles died.
Talk about smoke & mirrors, wow
Only God would really know what killed those turtles. But, as I explained, I HAD to cross the highway because of a spray truck or I would have been sprayed and it was broad daylight so the mosquitos were NOT out at that time. Yet RIGHT ACROSS the highway were 3 dead turtles. Now maybe the 3 of them just happened to have a turtle-suicide-pact going or the 3 had turtle-heart attacks simultaneously. But, LOGIC would point to the pesticide spray BEING the cause. I just wrote the FACTS of what happened as I remembered them. If someone wants to believe that I go around making up stories about dead turtles as a hobby........then so be it. I did my part. It is called a forum - that means that everyone does NOT have to think with the SAME MIND.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
When you really analyze it, isn't our chosen form of government (democracy, or democratic republic to be accurate) a form that allows the masses to determine representatives to represent the opinion of the MAJORITY (to put it as simply as possible), not for the representatives to represent their OWN opinion only. Some responsibilities are set aside for the state to determine, not the federal government (curriculum for instance). So, it would follow (be it for "good" or for "evil") it does follow that each of Florida's local public school districts, as well at those of ANY state, must determine the books used in classes, the books on mandatory reading lists, the books available in individual school libraries, are determined by the RESIDENTS, the "consumers" of the local education if you will. Rather "far left" or "far right" (that's a qualitative term with no actual meaning per se), the beliefs of the majority of the particular community is the determining factor. If "we the people" do not like that, there are other forms of government we can adopt. We do have choices.
It appears current determination is coming from Tallahassee.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
The US government seems to have evolved a lot since the 1950s and 60s. And changing rapidly in the last decade. Maybe NOT necessarily for the better!
Old 02-28-2023, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Only God would really know what killed those turtles. But, as I explained, I HAD to cross the highway because of a spray truck or I would have been sprayed and it was broad daylight so the mosquitos were NOT out at that time. Yet RIGHT ACROSS the highway were 3 dead turtles. Now maybe the 3 of them just happened to have a turtle-suicide-pact going or the 3 had turtle-heart attacks simultaneously. But, LOGIC would point to the pesticide spray BEING the cause. I just wrote the FACTS of what happened as I remembered them. If someone wants to believe that I go around making up stories about dead turtles as a hobby........then so be it. I did my part. It is called a forum - that means that everyone does NOT have to think with the SAME MIND.
The birth of a conspiracy theory.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:19 PM
Gold member

We got a notification of mosquito spraying tonight in Marsh Bend. We get a text and a phone call notification. And we have lived near a pond and not seen dead turtles in three years from spraying.
Closed Thread

Tags
spraying, truck, mist, fernandina, 2-24-23

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.