Truck Spraying Mist Friday 2-24-23 10:15 pm

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2023, 08:06 AM

Mosquitos control, call the Sumter County office and ask about notification.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:09 AM

NANCY RE'''s Avon Online Store I have skin so soft - original oil and bug guard 914-420-9261
Old 02-27-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALEPQ View Post
We are in Fernandina, and happened to be outside at 10:15 pm on 2-24-23.
A pickup truck came past spraying a foggy mist that came directly at us.
What is being sprayed for, and what are the chemicals being used?
There was no advance notice about this spraying taking place.
Would like to know what we are being exposed to.
It seemed to being done through out Fernandina, and mostly likely other Villages also.
Anyone know what this is???
Did you just move here? It's a repellent to make you infertile to keep people from reproducing
Old 02-27-2023, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALEPQ View Post
We are in Fernandina, and happened to be outside at 10:15 pm on 2-24-23.
A pickup truck came past spraying a foggy mist that came directly at us.
What is being sprayed for, and what are the chemicals being used?
There was no advance notice about this spraying taking place.
Would like to know what we are being exposed to.
It seemed to being done through out Fernandina, and mostly likely other Villages also.
Anyone know what this is???
Another deep dark secret revealed about our TV Land Bubble. And I bet that the worker spoke Spanish and was illegal AND did not have on a Federally approved breather-mask. So, probably about 3 things bad about that. And it did NOT help your lungs. But, that IS NOT important. What is important IS to make the residents and MORE importantly the WOULD-BE residents THINK that the mosquitoes do not exist here so that MORE PROPERTY can be SOLD. There IS a lot of facades and smoke and mirrors going on in ticky-tacky-VILLE
........And they are ALL made out of ticket-tacky and they all make you insane.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Kauffman View Post
I’ve read this mosquito repellent is harmful to bees Very sad
It IS very SAD to live in a place where the bees are practically extinct. But, not to despair, we have plenty of wasps and hornets that apparently eat mold and mildew, which Fl has plenty of.
.....1st the bluebirds go extinct, then the bees, and eventually humans. The native Americans say that the Coyote will be the last large creature left on Earth.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:08 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
I’ve read this mosquito repellent is harmful to bees ������ Very sad
I've read it's NOT.

So now what??

Old 02-27-2023, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Another deep dark secret revealed about our TV Land Bubble. And I bet that the worker spoke Spanish and was illegal AND did not have on a Federally approved breather-mask. So, probably about 3 things bad about that. And it did NOT help your lungs. But, that IS NOT important. What is important IS to make the residents and MORE importantly the WOULD-BE residents THINK that the mosquitoes do not exist here so that MORE PROPERTY can be SOLD. There IS a lot of facades and smoke and mirrors going on in ticky-tacky-VILLE
Sumter county does the spraying.
They also provide on their site data, indicating the spray is not harmful to bees, quoting many sources. Maybe facts would do more good…….than scare tactics.
Old 02-27-2023, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
It IS very SAD to live in a place where the bees are practically extinct. But, not to despair, we have plenty of wasps and hornets that apparently eat mold and mildew, which Fl has plenty of.
.....1st the bluebirds go extinct, then the bees, and eventually humans. The native Americans say that the Coyote will be the last large creature left on Earth.
B.S. Check out my bottlebrush plants, and my palms when the seed pods open up. There are literally hundreds/thousands of bees that feed on them. Multiply this by all of the yards just in TV
Old 02-27-2023, 01:00 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I gotta say, I surprised that someone has never seen the "mosquito truck" before. No big deal, just surprised.
We've seen it for years, at least for 15, maybe more. Usually comes through our village in the "wee" morning" hours when only a few insomniacs, or someone up using the "restroom" or getting a drink of water, would notice the sound of a SLOW moving truck down their street.

Has anyone had success in having the answers on the Sumter gov website Q&A come up when "clicking" a question ? I tried to click on "Why is the mosquito control spray schedule no longer available on the Sumter website ? The "answer" did not "pop up" on my computer screen ?

The chemicals used are of course "harmless", same assurance as given those in Ohio from the local government, so all is well. No worries.
Old 02-27-2023, 01:03 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
I’ve read this mosquito repellent is harmful to bees ������ Very sad
Well, the official local government word is it is NOT, so, end of conversation.
Old 02-27-2023, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
We've seen it for years, at least for 15, maybe more. Usually comes through our village in the "wee" morning" hours when only a few insomniacs, or someone up using the "restroom" or getting a drink of water, would notice the sound of a SLOW moving truck down their street.

Has anyone had success in having the answers on the Sumter gov website Q&A come up when "clicking" a question ? I tried to click on "Why is the mosquito control spray schedule no longer available on the Sumter website ? The "answer" did not "pop up" on my computer screen ?

The chemicals used are of course "harmless", same assurance as given those in Ohio from the local government, so all is well. No worries.
If it concerns you that much, how about email the "contact" us on that page:

administrative.services@sumtercountyfl.gov
Old 02-27-2023, 01:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster21 View Post
Thanks for this info. I want to bring my potted tomato plant into garage before they come.
Just got eaten alive by the no see ums and that was at 4:30PM!
Tip to buster: the Avon product Skin So Soft really DOES work to repel "no see ums", used it successfully for years in south Florida, especially on golf courses where they often "swarmed" in nearly invisible clusters !
Old 02-27-2023, 01:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Few have what it takes to speak the truth. Usually, if the official word from "the government" in ANY community, not germane to the V's, then that IS the final word. If the government (that's us folks) says it, you can take that to the bank as the old saying goes. I AM SCIENCE, so that ends the discussion. NO politics involved of course. What did Orwell say ? Someone on this site uses his famous quote: NO ONE IS HATED MORE than he (unafraid) to speak the truth. Obviously a serious reason to remove his books from mandatory school reading lists !
Old 02-27-2023, 01:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
If it concerns you that much, how about email the "contact" us on that page:

administrative.services@sumtercountyfl.gov
"Concerns you that much" seems to be (maybe not) an emotionally laden language pattern, but, that's not important. Why even list it (like counter indications on a prescription) on a web site, why even offer any explanation ? Yes, the email you provided is EXACTLY the one I used, but thank you for the tip.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bark4me View Post
Did you just move here? It's a repellent to make you infertile to keep people from reproducing
Very humourful, I wish that I thought of that. I must have inhaled some of that stuff. I would have trouble reproducing now............maybe on a Xerox machine!
Closed Thread

Tags
spraying, truck, mist, fernandina, 2-24-23

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.