Truck Spraying Mist Friday 2-24-23 10:15 pm

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2023, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Ok I will buy that bottlebrush plants will attract bees. They will also give a rash to humans. Not to doubt you, but I think that palm trees would attract more wasps and hornets than bees. I probably see about 3 bees per year here in ticky-tacky Land.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Few have what it takes to speak the truth. Usually, if the official word from "the government" in ANY community, not germane to the V's, then that IS the final word. If the government (that's us folks) says it, you can take that to the bank as the old saying goes. I AM SCIENCE, so that ends the discussion. NO politics involved of course. What did Orwell say ? Someone on this site uses his famous quote: NO ONE IS HATED MORE than he (unafraid) to speak the truth. Obviously a serious reason to remove his books from mandatory school reading lists !
List removal of books seems to allow Fl to list to the far right (pun intended)!
Old 02-27-2023, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Tip to buster: the Avon product Skin So Soft really DOES work to repel "no see ums", used it successfully for years in south Florida, especially on golf courses where they often "swarmed" in nearly invisible clusters !
True that ! It DOES work!
Old 02-27-2023, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
We've seen it for years, at least for 15, maybe more. Usually comes through our village in the "wee" morning" hours when only a few insomniacs, or someone up using the "restroom" or getting a drink of water, would notice the sound of a SLOW moving truck down their street.

Has anyone had success in having the answers on the Sumter gov website Q&A come up when "clicking" a question ? I tried to click on "Why is the mosquito control spray schedule no longer available on the Sumter website ? The "answer" did not "pop up" on my computer screen ?

The chemicals used are of course "harmless", same assurance as given those in Ohio from the local government, so all is well. No worries.
This is the answer that popped up……

Why can I no longer see a spray schedule online? Do you have a set schedule for spraying mosquitoes?

Spraying for adult mosquito outbreaks occurs on an as-needed basis. As such, we make daily decisions based on the data gathered from our traps set across the county, observations from field technicians, and service requests from the citizens. The program Director considers multiple factors each day before assigning spray truck routes including:

Mosquito species-specific factors such as population density, breeding habitat, migration pattern, peak activity time, preferred blood source, disease-capability, and chemical susceptibility
Community-specific factors such as the potential for negative economic or quality of life impact, susceptible populations such as the young, elderly, or immune-compromised, local events and outdoor activities, public concerns
Environmental factors such as weather conditions (including temperature, rain, and wind), and protection of non-target organisms and ecosystems
This allows us to assign spray trucks where the chemical application is most needed and will be most effective. By using this scientifically justified approach, we can be good stewards of the environment while protecting human health using the appropriate chemicals and amounts sufficient to minimize the negative impact of the vector while avoiding any unnecessary risk.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

So that’s why there are no children living in the villages😜
Old 02-27-2023, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Ok I will buy that bottlebrush plants will attract bees. They will also give a rash to humans. Not to doubt you, but I think that palm trees would attract more wasps and hornets than bees. I probably see about 3 bees per year here in ticky-tacky Land.
You have absolutely no idea what the hell you’re talking about that. But you already know that.
Old 02-27-2023, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
We've seen it for years, at least for 15, maybe more. Usually comes through our village in the "wee" morning" hours when only a few insomniacs, or someone up using the "restroom" or getting a drink of water, would notice the sound of a SLOW moving truck down their street.

Has anyone had success in having the answers on the Sumter gov website Q&A come up when "clicking" a question ? I tried to click on "Why is the mosquito control spray schedule no longer available on the Sumter website ? The "answer" did not "pop up" on my computer screen ?

The chemicals used are of course "harmless", same assurance as given those in Ohio from the local government, so all is well. No worries.
Those harmless chemicals released in Ohio could be causing lots of HARM in 20 years. Aeron Brockovich is NOT just there for fun and giggles.
Old 02-27-2023, 07:28 PM

I heard it also keeps the STD’s down.
Old 02-27-2023, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Wishing they would spray for those super pesky and annoying jimjamusers!
Old 02-27-2023, 07:37 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

~~~

Last edited by dewilson58; 02-28-2023 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembergoldenrule View Post
VERY GRATEFUL that Sumter county does this! Without spraying, we would not be able to live here unless thousands of bats were to move in to replace the mosquito control. I know I had to live in area without control for short time. We couldn’t get outdoors. Especially my younger son and I who have their favorite blood type. We had to spray Deet on our clothes if out more than five minutes. Thank you Sumter County!
If I could VOTE on this unhealthy practice - I would vote for MORE BATS. Also, there is research on getting infertile female mosquitoes
Old 02-28-2023, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This is the answer that popped up……

Why can I no longer see a spray schedule online? Do you have a set schedule for spraying mosquitoes?

Spraying for adult mosquito outbreaks occurs on an as-needed basis. As such, we make daily decisions based on the data gathered from our traps set across the county, observations from field technicians, and service requests from the citizens. The program Director considers multiple factors each day before assigning spray truck routes including:

Mosquito species-specific factors such as population density, breeding habitat, migration pattern, peak activity time, preferred blood source, disease-capability, and chemical susceptibility
Community-specific factors such as the potential for negative economic or quality of life impact, susceptible populations such as the young, elderly, or immune-compromised, local events and outdoor activities, public concerns
Environmental factors such as weather conditions (including temperature, rain, and wind), and protection of non-target organisms and ecosystems
This allows us to assign spray trucks where the chemical application is most needed and will be most effective. By using this scientifically justified approach, we can be good stewards of the environment while protecting human health using the appropriate chemicals and amounts sufficient to minimize the negative impact of the vector while avoiding any unnecessary risk.
ALL those many words look impressive ......however......a couple of years ago I was walking on the multi-use path as a spray small truck was coming toward me ON THE PATH at about 4 PM belching out that POISON. To avoid that CR_P AND SAVE MY LUNGS for useful things like breathing and playing SPORTS........ I crossed over to the north side of 466A and I saw at least 3 large 1ft long very DEAD black land turtles lying in the ditch of the road. So, I assumed that the sprayer was there EARLIER of the day before. The turtles had their heads extended and dropped down as if they had died in pain. but, they may NOT feel pain. It just looks like that.......AND SAD.
..........So, in summary........I don't BELIEVE all those FINE words and I don't think that my eyes were lying. Perhaps,, but unlikely, the powers that be had a "come to JESUS MOMENT" in the last 3 years and ALL those WONDERFUL words ARE not JUST "SMOKE AND MIRRORS".......but.............?
Old 02-28-2023, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
ALL those many words look impressive ......however......a couple of years ago I was walking on the multi-use path as a spray small truck was coming toward me ON THE PATH at about 4 PM belching out that POISON. To avoid that CR_P AND SAVE MY LUNGS for useful things like breathing and playing SPORTS........ I crossed over to the north side of 466A and I saw at least 3 large 1ft long very DEAD black land turtles lying in the ditch of the road. So, I assumed that the sprayer was there EARLIER of the day before. The turtles had their heads extended and dropped down as if they had died in pain. but, they may NOT feel pain. It just looks like that.......AND SAD.
..........So, in summary........I don't BELIEVE all those FINE words and I don't think that my eyes were lying. Perhaps,, but unlikely, the powers that be had a "come to JESUS MOMENT" in the last 3 years and ALL those WONDERFUL words ARE not JUST "SMOKE AND MIRRORS".......but.............?
You asked for the pop up. I didn’t ask for a lecture on the causes of turtle deaths….which you really don’t know why those turtles died.
Talk about smoke & mirrors, wow
Old 02-28-2023, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Another deep dark secret revealed about our TV Land Bubble. And I bet that the worker spoke Spanish and was illegal AND did not have on a Federally approved breather-mask. So, probably about 3 things bad about that. And it did NOT help your lungs. But, that IS NOT important. What is important IS to make the residents and MORE importantly the WOULD-BE residents THINK that the mosquitoes do not exist here so that MORE PROPERTY can be SOLD. There IS a lot of facades and smoke and mirrors going on in ticky-tacky-VILLE
........And they are ALL made out of ticket-tacky and they all make you insane.
That's a pretty racist comment...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-28-2023, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
It IS very SAD to live in a place where the bees are practically extinct. But, not to despair, we have plenty of wasps and hornets that apparently eat mold and mildew, which Fl has plenty of.
.....1st the bluebirds go extinct, then the bees, and eventually humans. The native Americans say that the Coyote will be the last large creature left on Earth.
Makes you wonder where all of the locally sourced honey comes from...

Down @ Bountiful Farms, they have a full time Bee-Keeper...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
spraying, truck, mist, fernandina, 2-24-23

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.