Is it true about Costco?

Old 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miboater View Post
I just bought tires at Costco and it came to $905 out the door with mounting, balancing, nitrogen and disposal. The cheapest price I got for the same tires was $1100 out at a tire store. That more than paid for my annual membership fee.
I went there for an auto battery. "How long until you can install it?" I asked.
"Sorry, we don't install."
Sam's did.
Just saying.
Old 04-23-2024, 01:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
WOW, so much love for Costco.... they should give us senior discount memberships.
Their prices are so good that they do not need to give anyone a discount.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,689 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The big buyers in wholesale clubs are small businesses. Families are probably second and non-profits next.
I believe that. And that further explains why more central to The Villages didn't make any sense to Costco.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:16 PM
Default Golf cart access

I'm looking at a older map and it appears that from LSL take Buena Vista and then Belvedere Blvd. Is this the correct golf cart way to that area?
Old 04-23-2024, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Per Sumter Commissioners, Costco is going to be built next to Hobby Lobby. Can it really be true?
Great news. Love Costco. It's a destination!
Old 04-23-2024, 05:12 PM
Platinum member

doesn't matter - buy the stock, the past 2 years + 155%. So far this year +72%
Old 04-23-2024, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillarick View Post
Last week I heard "on the 44." Made sense if you are only catering to Villagers.

But 44 is too close to Clermont. 466 will attract as far away as Ocala.

So those south of 44 count your blessings. You have a choice of two Costco's.
Odds are, after this one, the next new Costco will be in Ocala...
Old 04-23-2024, 08:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,689 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLonzo View Post
Odds are, after this one, the next new Costco will be in Ocala...
Or Gainesville
Old 04-24-2024, 01:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilagy View Post
I cannot believe Costco would ever build in that location. On a main road maybe where there are families to shop there. My son spends $700 when he goes with 3 kids/wife. Seriously can you imagine the traffic jam on 466 and that little road where it would be located? Doesn't make sense - villagers with the top cart seat filled with items. LOL
Costco, most likely, is not that interested in our retirement community. Take a look around 466. Plenty of family homes, apartments, and townhomes. Not to mention families living in Ocala and other neighboring towns. Currently, Middleton is located far off the beaten path with no major thoroughfares. No big box store will be interested in that area until it is completely built to Webster.

You are going to have to face reality. Homes farthest south will not see major commercial FOR MANY YEARS. The Villages recently celebrated Spanish Spring's Anniversary. Does that give you a clue how long it takes for big store interest? 30 yrs for it to happen in Spanish Springs!

Please do not cite Home Depot or Lowes to prove differently. Both sell building materials and both will do well in a construction area.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 04-24-2024 at 02:29 AM.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminnis View Post
Great news. Love Costco. It's a destination!
For some it is more like a cult. I'll check it out. Maybe I'll become a groupie too.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:37 AM

I wonder if the value of our homes,we are less then 2 miles from building site, will increase or decrease? Defining to make shopping in that area ugly during construction. After it opens will be interesting to see how Fresh Market, HomeGoods and Walmart survive. Progress! No longer the pleasent friendly area.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Costco, most likely, is not that interested in our retirement community. Take a look around 466. Plenty of family homes, apartments, and townhomes. Not to mention families living in Ocala and other neighboring towns. Currently, Middleton is located far off the beaten path with no major thoroughfares. No big box store will be interested in that area until it is completely built to Webster.

You are going to have to face reality. Homes farthest south will not see major commercial FOR MANY YEARS. The Villages recently celebrated Spanish Spring's Anniversary. Does that give you a clue how long it takes for big store interest? 30 yrs for it to happen in Spanish Springs!

Please do not cite Home Depot or Lowes to prove differently. Both sell building materials and both will do well in a construction area.
It’s always about supply and demand. 30 years ago there probably wasn’t a demand and many big box retailers didn’t exist in those days and if they did....weren’t siting in areas like that. Things evolve. You can bet the larger chains...using existing marketing, would site on every block if the demand is there. Middleton will be primed for a commercial component just based on the demo it will serve. It’s not going to take decades for those needs to be met
Old 04-24-2024, 06:16 AM
Default Skelly

Quote:
Per Sumter Commissioners, Costco is going to be built next to Hobby Lobby. Can it really be true?
While in Costco my friend and I asked if Costco was coming to the Villages,
They said yes, on route 44 near Russell Stover.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:38 AM

The Daily Sun article said Costco was considering locating in the Villages. It is not a done deal. Furthermore, I think it is highly unlikely they would locate in the middle of The Villages near Oxford. In my experience, they are always located close to an Interstate so Wildwood would seem to be a more likely location. Also, I don't believe Costco would be willing to give any percentage of their profit to the Developer (as is apparently required on Developer-owned land).

So, if a Costco is built near the Villages, I predict a Wildwood or Ocala location. Either of these would be a reasonable distance from their current Clermont and Wesley Chapel locations.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2024, 06:42 AM

I like the convenience of Publix, and I am willing to pay for it. Clean well run stores, with everything I need.
A new Costco will help alleviate the crowds of riff-raff in there now.

Tags
true, costco, lobby, hobby, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.